• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
fohe1d.gif

UConn tried their hardest to lose this game

missed the Butler/VCU game. The score is kinda close. Was it a close game that widened late?

Sir Pant

And to think earlier today I thought I would be VCU v. UK....

Too bad Jones missed so many freethrows, woulda tied with that last 3 if he made one of them

PhoenixDark said:
UConn tried their hardest to lose this game

missed the Butler/VCU game. The score is kinda close. Was it a close game that widened late?
Yes. Very close, but Butler went all crazy defense over the last 2 minutes (guard the 3 point line, give free layups to any takers) and VCU fell apart.

Brandon Knight cost himself a lot of money, he's going to have to be an exclusive run off screens guy in NBA at PG for a team that has a wing that can run offense. His decision making and ball handling is too terrible for him to make something happen by himself.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Sir Pant said:
And to think earlier today I thought I would be VCU v. UK....

Too bad Jones missed so many freethrows, woulda tied with that last 3 if he made one of them
I know! What the fuck?! This is so frustrating.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Brandon Knight cost himself a lot of money, he's going to have to be an exclusive run off screens guy in NBA at PG for a team that has a wing that can run offense. His decision making and ball handling is too terrible for him to make something happen by himself.

Sounds like the perfect D-Fish replacement in LA. too bad Mitch gave away our 1st rounder this year.

Pollux

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

The good news is this might force him to come back. My god he played like crap. Lamb was open for the last 5 min. and Knight wouldn't pass the damn ball. He needs to stay and play the 2 and let Teague run the point next year.

SamuraiX-

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Kid played all 40 minutes tonight.

But yeah, he jacked up like five 3s too many.

Try to remember he's "coached" by Calipari.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Please let Butler win on Monday. Not only does Stevens deserve it way more than Calgoon, I don't have to hear people whine about we beat a "mid-major" team last year for the championship, when that same team wins it this year. Damn you Hayward, you could have gotten a much higher draft pick this year had you stayed.

Pollux

Cubsfan23 said:
Big East ends UK's season for the 4th straight year :lol

Whose your team? b/c if it's not UK, UCONN, VCU, or Butler you have no room to talk shit....

just saying.

bachikarn

zmoney said:
The good news is this might force him to come back. My god he played like crap. Lamb was open for the last 5 min. and Knight wouldn't pass the damn ball. He needs to stay and play the 2 and let Teague run the point next year.

He didn't go to Kentucky to play the 2.

Cubsfan23

Banned
zmoney said:

Whose your team? b/c if it's not UK, UCONN, VCU, or Butler you have no room to talk shit....

just saying.

UK fans all year long said the Big East was overrated, so yes i am talking shit.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He has no shot in the NBA running offense, playing the 2 well would improve his draft stock.

so why the fuck are we throwing out all of Knight's good games because of one game? This is a young kid, he'll get better with time not everyone is going to be Chris Paul out the gates anyway.

bachikarn

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
He has no shot in the NBA running offense, playing the 2 well would improve his draft stock.

You know he is a freshman and players can get better right? Isn't he also kind of undersized for an NBA 2?

Even in Knight's good games he couldn't dribble nearly good enough to run offense in the NBA and was still making awful decisions every time down the court.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Even in Knight's good games he couldn't dribble nearly good enough to run offense in the NBA and was still making awful decisions every time down the court.

He can learn and he will. Knight is a smart kid. Youve been naming guys since the Deron trade and calling them the next CJ Miles and shit.

You do realize that young players are not finished yet right? if they work they will improve. Knight will get actually coached in the league and improve big time.

Pollux

truly101 said:
Maybe he likes Illinois

EDIT: I guess if he's trying to defend the BE, its prolly not Illinois. Maybe....Syracuse?

As I said...his team couldn't quite cut it so he has to live vicariously through another team?

DJ_Tet

Banned
truly101 said:
Please let Butler win on Monday. Not only does Stevens deserve it way more than Calgoon, I don't have to hear people whine about we beat a "mid-major" team last year for the championship, when that same team wins it this year without it's 'best player.' Damn you Hayward, you could have gotten a much higher draft pick this year had you stayed.

Pretty much how I feel.

Although, I'd pull for just about everyone over UConn, including Kentucky.

But it would add a 'legitimacy' to last year's title if Butler comes through on Monday.

Knux-Future said:
He can learn and he will. Knight is a smart kid. Youve been naming guys since the Deron trade and calling them the next CJ Miles and shit.

You do realize that young players are not finished yet right? if they work they will improve. Knight will get actually coached in the league and improve big time.

It's hard for a player to go from not being able to dribble well and not having good quickness to become a player who can dribble very well and has great quickness. Knight had the same issues coming out of high school, of course players get better but Knight would have to get so astronomically better at one play style to become NBA level at it whereas it would be a lot easier for him to become NBA-level at another play style (Running off screens). I've been criticizing a lot of these players because they are bad at things coaches can't improve when players reach the NBA and they're already starting to have to settle for awful shots in college because those are the only ones they can get. If you can't get a good shot in college, you're definitely not getting a good shot in the NBA even with no handchecking.

DJ_Tet said:
Pretty much how I feel.

Although, I'd pull for just about everyone over UConn, including Kentucky.

But it would add a 'legitimacy' to last year's title if Butler comes through on Monday.

Lolz, you are totally overthinking things. The only thing people will remember is "Duke won in 2010" rather than "Duke won in 2010* *but the team they beat was not from a major conference."

I hope UConn enjoys their title, until the NCAA strips it away for cheating... Wow, guys, that really DOES work!

Pollux

vas_a_morir said:
Lolz, you are totally overthinking things. The only thing people will remember is "Duke won in 2010" rather than "Duke won in 2010* *but the team they beat was not from a major conference."

I hope UConn enjoys their title, until the NCAA strips it away for cheating... Wow, guys, that really DOES work!

I know UCONN broke some rules but what would they have done that would lead to a vacated season?

DJ_Tet

Banned
vas_a_morir said:

Naa it's not just that. It's that Duke 'almost lost' and 'they didn't have to play Kentucky or another major team in the final.' But you're right I'm probably overthinking things but Duke and UNC fans will always look for ways to take shots at the others' titles.

See Freddie Jones and Chris Webber's T.

edit: But enough about that, can't wait to watch Matt Howard and Kemba on Monday night.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
zmoney said:

I know UCONN broke some rules but what would they have done that would lead to a vacated season?

A few days after claiming in a Slam magazine story that coach Jim Calhoun knew more about improper benefits provided by Nochimson than he acknowledged in the investigation, Miles gave The New York Times a more detailed account. Among Miles' claims in a story posted Friday night were that Calhoun never warned him about involvement with Nochimson (as Calhoun has claimed), that he received help on two standardized tests so he could qualify academically and that for a period he received $250 every three days from Nochimson.

Miles also told the Times that Calhoun knew he was provided money, clothes and had a toe surgery paid for by Nochimson. Miles said he is willing to talk to the NCAA to "get some things straight."

Nate Miles is shadier than a 50 year old elm tree at night during a rainstorm. Doesn't make him a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom