• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

fernoca

Overall, everything was as expected.
The same as in previous years, but at least Zachary Levi made for a nice host...and eye candy. :p

The big trailers and announcements were leaked already, though Alan Wake's trailer and final name (American Nightmare) were a nice surprise. Zelda and Miyamoto was really nice to see and gave the show some credibility, even when it looked out of place.

SykoTech

Well, that's that.

The Last of Us and Spidey are all the really did anything for me. Plus a few embarrassingly bad moments. Rising was okay, but they really dropped on the delivery.

Levyne

Banned
4 awards given out (5 if you count the "gaming god" intro into Diablo cinematic)

4 Trailers with gameplay

2 new reveals.

over 2 hours

...cut out the shit and condense to an hour and its...decent I guess?

Madrical

Banned
Where was this guy when you need him?

GrXCql.png

Laughed for a solid minute.

I'm sorry but...that was just awesome. Ninja Gaiden+Vanquish, developed by Platinum with Kojima Productions? Do want.

yeah i'm treating the game as Vanquish 2 basically. DO want. looked like something that's hella fun to play.... unlike The Last of Us and Fortnite etc which didn't look like anything because they didn't even show the games.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
It really does. It seems like almost every aspect of the industry has gone full derp. It's as if no one gives a shit.

I don't know what to feel about the show.

Shit was batshit, Levi did an excellent job but holy fuck at some of the segments.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
So the only good parts were:

The Last of Us being developed by Naughty Dog
Diablo III intro cinematic
Metal Gear Rising trailer (even though it did leak)
Miyamoto being awesome

If something else good happened, it must have not been very memorable.

After the whole "did you rike it" debacle, and now this, I really feel Kojima should start taking some fucking English courses to spare himself the shame.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I only watched this for the trailers.

I liked MGR:Revengeance (aka Metal Gearonetta) and The Last of Us trailers. Fortnite looked like Minecraft Fortress 2, but it was OK I guess.

Don

Perfect thread title.

I still feel sorry for him. :(

The Last of Us trailer was only real impressive reveal for me. Too bad that the Rising trailer got leaked beforehand.

Poor Kojima :/

I enjoyed it. It was dumb, but fun. I like anything involving the characters talking- the CotY stuff was all well done (despite the huge spoiler for Portal 2, haha), and the CoD bit was classy too.

MGR:R looks so fucking great :lol

Symphonic

REVENGE WITH A VENGENCE

REVENGENCE

METAL GEAR SOLID REVENGENCE

META GEAR

GEAR SOLID

REVENGENCE

METAL GEAR SOLID REVENGENCE

REVENGENCE

Derrick01

Banned
Just to save you guys the suspense, here are the GOTY winners for the next 3 years:

Upcoming GOTY Winners:

2012 - Bioshock Infinite
2013 - Next-Gen COD Launch Title
2014 - Next Bethesda Game

So very predictable. Just like the industry it honors. Very appropriate! :D

Look up the past year's GOTY winners on wikipedia for this show. Outside of Madden, which happened on the very first year of the show, the other winners have been respectable choices.

No COD or any of that bullshit.

Just to save you guys the suspense, here are the GOTY winners for the next 3 years:

Upcoming GOTY Winners:

2012 - Bioshock Infinite
2013 - Next-Gen COD Launch Title
2014 - Next Bethesda Game

So very predictable. Just like the industry it honors. Very appropriate! :D

Or whatever game that is nominated for Game of the Year that doesn't have an announced award it won or shown to win anything or have some special moment ("Hall of Fame") will win Game of the Year.

Top Bottom