• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone got a link to Kojimas speech?

Someone make a post-show thread.

Name it -

Spike VGAs: Geoff Keighley, explain this bullshit.

All things considered, I thought the show was good.

Compare it to say the E3 press conferences. It comes out well ahead.

To improve it:

* Let everybody watch the bloody thing (stopping people watching reveals live that are uploaded 2 minutes later?)
* Get rid of people like Charlie Sheen. Nobody will choose to watch it because he is on. This is just stupid. There are enough gaming personalities that will be recognised and do a good job.
* You could improve the writing and jokes, but it is about as good as can be expected for an awards show.
* Show awards.

Shadow780

Qwesq.jpg

nom nom

iqubal

Banned
Not bad show. A lot better than I thought it would be.

I thought the dude from Bethesda accepting the award was Lionel Messi at first glance lol

ezekial45

Banned
I think what upset me the most is when they used COD teabag jokes to get the winners to wrap up their speeches early, but also using COD to represent the hire a vet program during the telecast.

Just totally tasteless.

Zeal

Banned
Kojima was fine, dude. English is not even his native language, duh, so I commend him for even trying. He could have used a translator on the fly, but he had the balls to try.

Much respect, and Rising looks boss.

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah, fuck them for demanding a game that works properly. I'm also disgusted by their overinflated sense of entitlement.

They're more than entitled to be upset with the game not running well, but when stupid quotes like "hurrr a game that doesn't work won" when like 70% of the audience has a working and great game it gets out of hand a bit.

All right, comments:

show was decent. it was better than last year's, which was better than last year's.

The same problems still exist. Needs more emphasis on awards. Needs less actors and more video game icons -- Miyamoto and Kojima showing up were great. Some of the Felicia Day stuff was unbearably stupid. The reveals were better than last year's, too. DeadMau5 was cool.

C. Average. I did laugh unintentionally quite a bit, so maybe C+ for that.

thetechkid

Kojima was fine, dude. English is not even his native language, duh, so I commend him for even trying. He could have used a translator on the fly, but he had the balls to try.

Much respect, and Rising looks boss.

Its understandable that he mess up, it was still funny though.

Patapwn

Bethesda won studio of the year? I feel like the injustice that is ps3 skyrim grows by the day

Hopefully there is some sort of gaming karma that acts swift and merciless

I think what upset me the most is when they used COD teabag jokes to get the winners to wrap up their speeches early, but also using COD to represent the hire a vet program during the telecast.

Just totally tasteless.

Infinity Ward has raised more for military families than any other developer. Several million dollars over the last three years.

falconzss

Biggest surprise of the show was The Last of Us actually being developed by Naughty Dog. Would have bet on SSM. The rest was mostly forgettable.

Meier

Just totally tasteless.

Why is it tasteless? Activision has the Call of Duty Endowment which has donated millions of dollars already. All of the proceeds from COD XP went to this organization.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that show sucked. And WILDLY underwhelming reveals, especially compared to last year's huge reveals.

And way to make the actual awards themselves even more of a joke than they already were.

Top Bottom