• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
There are quite a lot of neutral colors + red liveries though. I feel like they could be a bit more creative than that.

Kipp

Don't make me *avatar quote* you... =(

Haha. Right after I posted that, I noticed that too.
Since you mentioned it though, I do really like that color palette and I love a lot of the liveries that use it, but it would also be cool to see a bit more variety. In other words, I wasn't complaining, just thinking out loud.

Omiee

totally missed this thread.

man that ferrari car looks good, mclaren looks almost the same as last year.

cant wait for the rbr reveal tomorrow.

DD

Haha. Right after I posted that, I noticed that too.
Since you mentioned it though, I do really like that color palette and I love a lot of the liveries that use it, but it would also be cool to see a bit more variety. In other words, I wasn't complaining, just thinking out loud.

Heh, I do like these colour schemes too, but I agree with you. The grid will look rather monochrome. I want the wild colours back!

Pimpwerx

I like the comments on what car looks best. To me, the best-looking car has always been the fastest one. :D I even liked that 6-wheeled monstrosity from I believe Brabham or Gurney. PEACE.

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Damn, didn't see the thread till now! I hardly ever click OT community! Now I have a reason to.

Just want to see the RB baby! The Ferrari looks great as does the McLaren.

Kipp

It would also be nice if the OP had a picture of the revealed cars.

This would be a nice convenient photo for the OP

MFeF8sr.jpg

Shaneus

aGyykC3l.jpg

Can anyone tell me about this? I didn't know that Webber had any prior association with Renault at all (other than Briatore):
0sN5Xt0l.jpg

I'm glad most of the unveiled cars don't have step nose. Cmon Lotus fix that nose!

Lotus has a completely different aero package than the rest of the launched cars so far.

I'm hoping they are on the right track and its not the front exhaust story all over again

Massa is still at Ferrari? So, I guess they've conceded the Constructors championship already.

If Massa can perform like he did in the last few races of 2012 then I would put money on him challenging Alonso next year.

In the eyes of the public, it's still the team that gave Button a championship.

That's because Button had the reputation of being average at best. Not to mention that the Brawn car came out of no-where with the double diffuser, I'd be surprised if there were any such game changer this year.

Can anyone tell me about this? I didn't know that Webber had any prior association with Renault at all (other than Briatore):
0sN5Xt0l.jpg

I assume the photo is from 2001, Webber was the test driver and I imagine Alonso is there due to his links to fab even though he was driving for Minardi. Or possibly this is from before he signed for minardi and there were both test drivers. I have no idea when the unveil was in relation to his signing for minardi.

Shaneus

I assume the photo is from 2001, Webber was the test driver and I imagine Alonso is there due to his links to fab even though he was driving for Minardi. Or possibly this is from before he signed for minardi and there were both test drivers. I have no idea when the unveil was in relation to his signing for minardi.
Wow, you've blown my mind! I bow to your ridiculous level of F1 knowledge, good sir.

Smart money seems to be on purple being a prominent factor in the RBR livery this year. It's been seen on their trucks in Jerez, and their website is covered in it.

I'm a little scared atm about what Newey has come up with

It's going to be really interesting to see how the development race pans out. Less-so if someone starts to run away with it early on, as there will be more incentive to switch full steam ahead on 2014, but if we have another close year between 2-3 teams there's going to be a great cat and mouse of who can dare to continue to push 2013 developments.

Of course, this is much less of an issue for RB, Mclaren, Ferrari and Mercedes than it is for the other teams, but it's still going to be interesting.

Specifically with Lotus. They likely can't really afford to push through all through 2013 without harming their chances next year. But would it be worth more to them to go all out this year, when everyone around them has one eye on 2014? Big gamble.

Perhaps he's decided this year to actually take into account Webber's chin and the performance will be equal for both drivers.

Bahahaha. Like that'll ever happen.

That's about as likely as Newey not trying to cheat this year. Ain't cheating, ain't tryin' !

#Salt

The purple gradient looks lovely in print, on the car? Not so much. Perhaps it will look better in daylight.

Also the nose step looks ironically like last year's Ferrari.

Hackbert

interesting video. always great to have a look into the making of the parts.
And that candy color looks silly. maybe better on the track

Top Bottom