• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Fisico

I assume the photo is from 2001, Webber was the test driver and I imagine Alonso is there due to his links to fab even though he was driving for Minardi. Or possibly this is from before he signed for minardi and there were both test drivers. I have no idea when the unveil was in relation to his signing for minardi.

With a Fisichella/Button pair it could have only been the unveil of the 2001 Benetton car yup.

If memory serves right, Button quickly signed for Benetton after the end of the 2000 season, and Webber was the official test driver of Benetton for this year, as for Alonso after his last races in the F3000 season he was already into Briatore's care.
I don't remember when he was officialy appointed as a Minardi driver though, but most likely between January and February, around the time the B201 was unveiled.

2013-02-0314.11.55bwjaf.jpg

acm2000

I fully expect teams with vanity panels to remove them for various aero gains and controls, and then fia will make them compulsory next year because, well, they do what they want

dARfcbs.jpg

Another pic. Sidepods look more purple from that angle, but still a bit 'non-committal'.

I fully expect teams with vanity panels to remove them for various aero gains and controls, and then fia will make them compulsory next year because, well, they do what they want

I expect a bit of experimentation through testing, and perhaps through the season as well. It wouldn't surprise me if some teams just chose to launch with the vanity panel with the sake of it, knowing full well that they might not want to use it.

Also I've lost track of what is actually planned for 2014, but I believe the rules specify compulsory low noses and lower bulkheads, so the step wouldn't be a problem.

kharma45

According to Scarbs then it has lost the slot in the nose, keeps push rod front suspension and tunnelled coanda set up.

TCRS

Banned
94.jpg

Buzz Lightyear approves.

Why is the Lotus not black/gold anymore? :/

Other than that all cars look beautiful so far.

Mastah

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1

Sorry for the silence, can't see the car can't take photos, probably won't be able to ask questions @redbullf1spy #nonlaunch

Red Bull, gives you shit.

h3ro

What an unlikeable team.

Hope they release some official shots from all angles. Props to Macca, Ferrari and Lotus for putting those pics out asap.

Remember when Red Bull was still a fun team?

It was a long time ago now. The last few years it's just been a public front while they've been practising their best bastard faces behind closed doors.

You can't really blame them for launching the car like this though. McLaren's openness just led me to believe they're saving most of their tricks for later.

Omiee

I Will never understand these idiot posts hating on rbr. Ah well i Will continue getting my Joy out of the fact That They are triple world champions :)

You can't really blame them for launching the car like this though. McLaren's openness just led me to believe they're saving most of their tricks for later.
And that's fine, just do the same and don't be a dick to the press who's covering your shitty event and gives you exposure.

h3ro

I Will never understand these idiot posts hating on rbr. Ah well i Will continue getting my Joy out of the fact That They are triple world champions :)

I'm an idiot because they treat the media, and in return, fans of their team and F1 alike, like crap. Got it.

Not being a fan of the way they launch their car, especially when it's so different than the way every other team has done so doesn't have anything to do with the teams performance and previous success.

The way they act now is disrespectful to their fans. The people who pay shit tons of money on caps with their logo on it, tickets to races and all that.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Another car with tiny sidepods. Huge undercut and very tight rear.

as for energy drinks, i prefer Monster low-carb (blue one) . 500 ml for same price of 330 ml Red Bull :D

Mastah

Jonathan Legard ‏@legardj

#f1 @AussieGrit "I feel I can be a contender for the title. I know I need I need 100% support. I can't do it with 99%."

Not gonna happen then.

itsgreen

Another car with tiny sidepods. Huge undercut and very tight rear.

as for energy drinks, i prefer Monster low-carb (blue one) . 500 ml for same price of 330 ml Red Bull :D

:) I bought the green one once and thought it was disgusting, will try the blue one and give it a try, but it could be just my personal taste :)

cmr-94

Aside from the shitty launch, the livery is more interesting than previous years. Also, I'm in no doubt that the car will be fast

Craig Scarborough ‏@ScarbsF1

@redbullf1spy 'Launch' over, car covered up, sunday afternoon wasted to see a nose cone from a distance in a dark warehouse

What a joke

Top Bottom