• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Super Robot Wars Z - Jigoku-hen |OT| Localized when hell chapter freezes over

Lucis

even for someone who understands japanese srw stories are always confusing as fuck. it's not hard to understand the main story line. but the story connected to anime series I have not seen are always wtf

This Fifth Luna stage is so good, route splits have some of the best stages in the game.

Edit:

"How do you tell full Frontal and Char apart? Full Frontal is a sleeve, and Char is sleeveless."

Banpresto pls :|

2pSlf8V.jpg

Jubern

Woo, got the IF route on my first run. I had to go back to Map 49 and beat the boss on there to get it though. I'm so glad I saved before I killed him. lol

Wait, can you be more specific please?
- There's a boss a 49 (please put his name in spoilers!);
- He will retreat under a certain amount of HP;
- Actually defeating him seems to be one of the conditions for the If route?

Am I correct?

squall23

Am I correct?
Does it even matter? Just kill everything for the exp and parts.

Am I correct?

He shows up after you deal with the SR conditions.

He will retreat under 40,000HP.

The boss' name is
Gadoraito/Gadlight

Would recommend using your MAX damage setup to burn through that in one attack. Also try putting some units around him for the 10% damage bonus (for surrounding an enemy unit).

I would have loved to test this but I overwrote the file before I found out.

Would be helpful if others who have unlocked the IF route chimed in on whether or not they defeated this boss (Stage 49).

Also, the Platinum Emblem is OP!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This Fifth Luna stage is so good, route splits have some of the best stages in the game.

Edit:

"How do you tell full Frontal and Char apart? Full Frontal is a sleeve, and Char is sleeveless."

Banpresto pls :|

*gundamu picture*

lol hilarious.

I'm tempted to write up a brief summary but not until i finish the game.

Would most def read that if you do decide to write up the summary.

squall23

Would be helpful if others who have unlocked the IF route chimed in on whether or not they defeated this boss (Stage 49).
Oh I killed everybody in every stage. No fucks given. Literally the only person I didn't kill right off the bat was Guura because convincing him was the mission.

lol hilarious.

Would most def read that if you do decide to write up the summary.
Here's a summary of the main OG villain.
The only reason Gadlight fights you is because he's asspained that his planet got destroyed and his species are all but gone while Earth gets "special treatment" with a time prison. He's actually suppose to oversee the completion of the time prison but instead, he just wants to destroy the Earth and wipe out humanity.

Literally jealousy and butthurt.

Jubern

Sometimes I really can't be bothered to kill everything. I'm no completionist and the game is easy enough as is...

But OK, I'll try to set the right conditions for this guy to go down.

CorvoSol

Sometimes I really can't be bothered to kill everything. I'm no completionist and the game is easy enough as is...

But OK, I'll try to set the right conditions for this guy to go down.

I kinda feel OCD about killing everything on a map. I was miffed that there wasn't enough time for me to kill that last Serpent unit on the EW ending map.

Bebpo

Banned
This game definitely has more than a handful of filler maps to stretch it to that 60 map length. Hell, I'm enjoying the dlc maps more than some of these story maps where nothing new happens. There's a huge gap where you don't get anything new to play with in the 20-30 section blah :/

Like Stage 28 seemed like it would've been an advancement of the OG plot, something happens map, but absolutely nothing happened
besides the general telling hibiki her name
, then next map again has nothing really happening
besides gauron surrundering
. At stage 30 now and the game really needs to start moving soon
and introduce the rest of the damn series already, wtf 40 hours+ gametime and still no OO units or Gunbuster or even the rest of the Z1/Z2 cast. I think Z3-1 probably holds the record for the longest amount of stages in a SRW until they introduce all the series.

Do emblems carry over to NG+?

I hope so considering how useful some of them are.

Oh I killed everybody in every stage. No fucks given. Literally the only person I didn't kill right off the bat was Guura because convincing him was the mission.

Well sometimes I didn't have the necessary firepower to do so. I only make it a priority to finish bosses if they are part of an SR or I just happen to be in the position to do so. In this case I did actually have the setup necessary but I didn't feel like reloading my battle save which was a critical error on my part.

Jubern

I'm just before the split on stage 36 and what the fuck at tucking the ENTIRE PLOT of
The Second Raid
on a split?!

Not the route I wanted to take too, dammit. I better sleep on that before choosing...

Lucis

Take my word back, i think IF IS IS IS IS IS connected to 49th stage (at least it is one of the flag that you have to set) kill

Full SR so far and did everything else perfectly (FMP route all the way). didn't kill and no choice

Take my word back, i think IF IS IS IS IS IS connected to 49th stage (at least it is one of the flag that you have to set) kill

Full SR so far and did everything else perfectly (FMP route all the way). didn't kill and no choice

I figured as much.

Now I feel like a fool for missing something that would not have taken me more than 5 minutes to re-do.

EDIT: So did you do a no-kill, then reload and kill to confirm?

Emblems don't carry over, but the conditions for unlocking them do so you'll probably get one or two emblems right off the bat on NG+.

Shouta

Boss on 49 is definitely connected to the IF route. He is one of the flags for it. I didn't get it a few nights ago when i didn't destroy him but I got the IF route AFTER destroying him.

Lucis

Ok question.

How big is the ending difference between IF and not IF?

since they eventually merge back...
or is there anything after stage 60 that also depend son what route you went?

I'm on the last stage now and I just noticed something funny. Spoilered below

Everyone gets caught in the Anti-Spiral's dream dimension prison thing and it goes through every character's "hallucination/alternate world". In Hibiki's they're in the classroom and Suzune mentions something about a "private lesson" with what looks like a seductive expression followed by Hibiki going "......". Made me laugh so I thought I would share.

Zengar

Ok question.

How big is the ending difference between IF and not IF?

since they eventually merge back...
or is there anything after stage 60 that also depend son what route you went?

Jin and Shrade from Aquarion survive, Zeus joins. The rest is pretty much the same

Beckx

Okay 38 and 39 were great, two of my favorite stages yet. Both of them I had just enough to get the SR requirements done. Kind of glad that my forces are mostly weak for this split, it's made things very interesting.

Just finished the game about 5 minutes ago.

The
after-credits
scenes were interesting. My Japanese reading ability is pretty much non-existent but I was able to discern a few things.

Looks like Queen is going to release Asakim from that ZONE that he got sealed in in Z2.2.

Setsuna's in a coma which of course means that we'll be getting the movie plot in Z3.2.

Hibiki seems to be raging at what I assume the orange glasses guy said, also that red eye condition is back, it has something to do with dimensional energy or something like that right? I get the impression that Suzune knows things that she's not sharing yet based on that last scene between her and Hibiki.

Really interesting stuff.

Can't wait to play Tengoku-hen next April!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the game about 5 minutes ago.

The
after-credits
scenes were interesting. My Japanese reading ability is pretty much non-existent but I was able to discern a few things.

Looks like Queen is going to release Asakim from that ZONE that he got sealed in in Z2.2.

Setsuna's in a coma which of course means that we'll be getting the movie plot in Z3.2.

Hibiki seems to be raging at what I assume the orange glasses guy said, also that red eye condition is back, it has something to do with dimensional energy or something like that right? I get the impression that Suzune knows things that she's not sharing yet based on that last scene between her and Hibiki.

Really interesting stuff.

Can't wait to play Tengoku-hen next April!
I'm not that far yet but Hibiki's eye
turns red whenever the "angel" that killed his dad/sister and cursed him in the first place gets near.

Also was it confirmed somewhere that Z3.2 is April? I can't see it coming out until a while after Rebuild 4.0, which is just TBA 2015 right now.

They are not going to wait until the next Eva movie otherwise the series won't finish until the next decade.

The most recent thing they are likely to cover is Unicorn 7.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I assumed they would tie the plot deeply with however 4.0 ends since it potentially has the biggest scope/plot potential of the included series.

It's going to be really crappy if all Z3 ends up including is 1.0-3.0 for Eva

I'm not that far yet but Hibiki's eye
turns red whenever the "angel" that killed his dad/sister and cursed him in the first place gets near.

Also was it confirmed somewhere that Z3.2 is April? I can't see it coming out until a while after Rebuild 4.0, which is just TBA 2015 right now.

I see.
I was reading some stuff on GameFAQs and someone mentioned something about an angel as well.

I said next April because I'm assuming they'll mirror Z2's schedule, which had Hakai release in April 2011, then Saisei releasing in April the following year.

As for Eva, I don't think they're going to wait for the movies, it will probably be a similar situation to SRW L which only featured the first two movies. I think there's a chance they could include the third movie in Tengoku-hen though.

Lucis

Couldn't unlock IF

FULL SR, low turn count, killed the bastard in stage 49 with MC as support attack, no choice
Reload, kill him with MC initiating the attack, no choice.

There must be another flag I am missing somewhere.

FMP routes btw

Zengar

Couldn't unlock IF

FULL SR, low turn count, killed the bastard in stage 49 with MC as support attack, no choice
Reload, kill him with MC initiating the attack, no choice.

There must be another flag I am missing somewhere.

FMP routes btw

Did you convince Goora with Tesujin? I think that's an important flag for IF route.

Lucis

Did you convince Goora with Tesujin? I think that's an important flag for IF route.

No didn't even knew it was possible until after i read some of the jwiki when i was past that stage. oh well second play through i guess...

squall23

No didn't even knew it was possible until after i read some of the jwiki when i was past that stage. oh well second play through i guess...
Did you save Loni? I heard that might be one of the points if you didn't take the Japan route.

Lucis

Did you save Loni? I heard that might be one of the points if you didn't take the Japan route.

Hmm I don't remember, looked it up

メリダ島ルート48話でイベント後にバナージでシャンブロを撃破する。
達成するとシャンブロが爆破せずにロニが回収されるが、パイロットにはならない。
IFルートフラグの可能性?

might be a flag, don't think I used unicorn to do the killing blow though. maybe that's it too

so 3 possible mandatory flags

Convince Goora with Tetsujin
Use Unicorn to destroy Jampro (stage 48 non japan route)
Kill boss stage 49 (with MC or not?)

Man this is the first time I didn't get IF route in a recent SRW game on the first play through

Bebpo

Banned
Stage 30 was pretty good even if no new units. Story-wise I think they've done a very nice job at FMP. I don't remember W much, but I doubt W's version of FMP was as in-depth and developed as this. All FMP is missing is better animations! And yay at finally being 50% through the game. Been going at a good rate, ~55 hours now doing full scenario chart play w/all SR points + all DLC maps as they are available story-wise.

PS. I have a feeling the game is giving you a heads up about flags that give you IF points by having AG award you bonus Z-chips for doing certain things on maps.

I assumed they would tie the plot deeply with however 4.0 ends since it potentially has the biggest scope/plot potential of the included series.

It's going to be really crappy if all Z3 ends up including is 1.0-3.0 for Eva

Not.going.to.happen.

Eva 4.00 doesn't even have a release date. At least Unicorn 7 is out this month and just one ep by same company that makes SRW so they have internal access to the script/ep + there's a novel to use. Eva 4.00 has none of that.

At best they'll make up an original ending for post 3.33's final plot point to give it a conclusion. Or just use EoE :p

Bebpo

Banned
Btw, does anyone kind of roll their eyes at how PG-13 SRW is and how they retcon like every death and "dark" event in a featured anime series? I mean I'm totally cool with them letting you optionally save units who normally would die. But even just minor stuff like in stage 30
having the Wolves 1 captain guy who gets betrayed and totally murdered by Gauron be "ok because Heero is doing emergency nursing on him" was lol since he's not even important (npc introduced just that stage) but still they're like "nope, can't have people die! in srw because it's a happy kids series!"

The only people who die in SRW are plot important deaths that are needed to propel the plot, but sometimes even they come back!
like saving Jin

They should just go all the way with SRW happy nonsense and in Z3-2
have Kamina show up at the very end of GL and say he's been recovering all this time

squall23

Btw, does anyone kind of roll their eyes at how PG-13 SRW is and how they retcon like every death and "dark" event in a featured anime series? I mean I'm totally cool with them letting you optionally save units who normally would die. But even just minor stuff like in stage 30
having the Wolves 1 captain guy who gets betrayed and totally murdered by Gauron be "ok because Heero is doing emergency nursing on him" was lol since he's not even important (npc introduced just that stage) but still they're like "nope, can't have people die! in srw because it's a happy kids series!"

The only people who die in SRW are plot important deaths that are needed to propel the plot, but sometimes even they come back!
like saving Jin

They should just go all the way with SRW happy nonsense and in Z3-2
have Kamina show up at the very end of GL and say he's been recovering all this time
Kittan dies. Although it's heavily hinted that he'll be in Z3.2 because his Giga Drill Break actually has an animation, but you see it only once, and I'm not inclined to think that Banpresto cares about the fanbase enough to give Kittan a proper one-time send off.

Top Bottom