• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 500+ Club: Those with over this amount in Steam games, how do you organize it?

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I am the opposite of this. I am very picky and hate bundles. I would rather buy individual items at a small markup than to have a cheap set of things I have no intention of playing. My library on Steam is less than 50 total and I remove Steam DRM from games whenever it is possible and convenient to do so. I do not know how any person has enough time in their life to finish 1000+ games. I am still playing many games years later and doing reruns of games I have already completed.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I am the opposite of this. I am very picky and hate bundles. I would rather buy individual items at a small markup than to have a cheap set of things I have no intention of playing. My library on Steam is less than 50 total and I remove Steam DRM from games whenever it is possible and convenient to do so. I do not know how any person has enough time in their life to finish 1000+ games. I am still playing many games years later and doing reruns of games I have already completed.
We understand and that's why you're not a part of our Elite 500 Club.

Happy Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

DryvBy

All the games I want in my collection are in FAVORITES, then I have a few categories for PlayStation, Final Fantasy and to keep track of my progress. I'm the kind of guy who buys everything for the games I have (Complete/GOTY Edition, DLC, Cosmetics, Artbooks, etc...) and of course soundtracks so I have quite a few as well.

7jV7j9z.jpeg

The games I don't care about or don't want to see in my collection are hidden.

I also make custom covers for every game I have.

pW1ZYlR.jpeg

Can you make some for the Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People series? An the Sam & Max games? I've used pretty much everything you've put up.

Denton

Very simple.

st.png

Finished are games I...you guess it, finished.
Retired are games I started playing, but didn't enjoy enough to finish, thus uninstalled and retired.
Unfinished are games I am either playing now, or intend to play.
Uncategorized are games I do not particularly care about, but might try out some from time to time. It is mostly bundle fodder and such.

peronmls

I only buy from know publisher. Bad games like Code Vein I perma delete from my library because they suck. I throw away trashy games. Even the ones I beat.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have a few dynamic lists, like "Steam Achievements and Controller Support" - which currently encompasses about 75% of my library and a game not being in this list means I'll veto deciding to play it 99% of the time. Then I have a "Currently Playing" list of 4-5 games I swap between. The rest I just leave as "Uncategorized".

Usually when deciding to play something - I'll figure out what it is before even opening Steam.

magikarp7

430 on steam only organised alphabetically, but over 30,000 on Launchbox organised into playlists, genres, console type etc.

Midn1ght

Gold Member
Can you make some for the Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People series? An the Sam & Max games? I've used pretty much everything you've put up.

Click on them for full size.

Posted them here too
I'll check for the other game you asked about when I have time.

Cheers

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Gold Member
When you reinstall Steam do you have to reconfigure them all? Or is it saved in the cloud somehow or able to be backed up?
I never tried. I guess if you uninstall and reinstall Steam on the same computer it's saved and you won't have to reconfigure them.

If you install Steam on another computer and access you account, I don't think it's saved in the cloud and you will have to reconfigure them all one by one.

Schmick

I have 1071 games across multiple digital libraries (Steam, Xbox, EA, Ubisoft, Epic, GOG) according to Playnite, which to be honest I don't think is entirely true. The beauty of Playnite, apart from bringing all my games into one place, is the degree of filtering I can apply when looking for a game.

Interesting tidbit/titbit (and shockingly bad), of the 1071 games I have, I have only played 302 of them (measley 28%) according to Playnite.

Top Bottom