• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Grammy Awards |OT| Witness Greatness tonight at 8 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely going to TiVo this. I love the Grammys because of the opportunity for great moments that I don't see at the Oscars (and fuck everything else except the Tonys where I get to see awesome parts of Broadway shows I'll never see). Stuff like Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar from a few years ago is what I'm tuning in for.

Kaladin

OP forgot a performance:

12669444_10153442538945748_9099816958796950167_n.jpg

Chris Stapleton, Gary Clark Jr., and Bonnie Raitt will honor the late B.B. King, who died in May at the age of 89, at this year’s Grammy Awards, CBS announced Thursday. Clark and Raitt are both previous Grammy winners, while Stapleton is up for four awards this year.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/04/grammys-performances-bb-king-tribute

JTripper

Lady Gaga is probably going to kill it and I'm also excited to see The Eagles perform. Kendrick is also going to have a big night.

Disappointed there aren't more classic acts performing but whatever.

The setlist for Gaga's Bowie tribute leaked and all the songs I hoped would be there are (minus Starman but that's ok). I really hope she kills it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So basically if your favorite doesn't win, you're going to ignore the rest of the show and cry racism?

I'm basically pointing out the two extreme reactions that will happen on the most reactionary social media platform.

Remember, GKMC losing out last time was a firestorm, if it happens again it will be the apocalypse.

Kaladin

I'm basically pointing out the two extreme reactions that will happen on the most reactionary social media platform.

Remember, GKMC losing out last time was a firestorm, if it happens again it will be the apocalypse.

That would be a very extreme reaction considering the Grammys seem very inclusive of everyone regardless of race or genre of music.

Syntsui

That would be a very extreme reaction considering the Grammys seem very inclusive of everyone regardless of race or genre of music.

Did you even watch the 2014 Grammy? That was exactly what happened and soft ass Macklemore even apologized for robbing Kendrick and recognized he was the one that deserved the Best Rap Album award..

Kaladin

Did you even watch the 2014 Grammy? That was exactly what happened and soft ass Macklemore even apologized for robbing Kendrick and recognized he was the one that deserved the Best Rap Album award..

Hadn't heard about that regarding Best Rap Album. That could be one thing.

But if we're talking Album of The Year this year, if someone else won it wouldn't be another Macklemore situation because all of those albums are worthy of that praise.

Thewonandonly

Definitely going to TiVo this. I love the Grammys because of the opportunity for great moments that I don't see at the Oscars (and fuck everything else except the Tonys where I get to see awesome parts of Broadway shows I'll never see). Stuff like Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar from a few years ago is what I'm tuning in for.

O god that performance was something incredible.

Syntsui

Hadn't heard about that regarding Best Rap Album. That could be one thing.

But if we're talking Album of The Year this year, if someone else won it wouldn't be another Macklemore situation because all of those albums are worthy of that praise.

I agree, I don't think we will have anything like that this year. But if Kendrick doesn't win, there will be some uproar in regards to Grammy credibility (LOL) because it was the most critically acclaimed album last year. We always have these kind of reactions, whoever disputes it, so it will be business as usual.

Kaladin

I agree, I don't think we will have anything like that this year. But if Kendrick doesn't win, there will be some uproar in regards to Grammy credibility (LOL) because it was the most critically acclaimed album last year. We always have these kind of reactions, whoever disputes it, so it will be business as usual.

I predict Kendrick will take the awards related to his genre, maybe even Song of the Year, but Album of The Year is a wide open field this year.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Live feed is up!
main feed is minor awards being given out now (just popped up saying 75 awards are to be given)
Stream 2 is for the red carpet

An orchestra is on right now

Floridian

Premiere ceremony is on now. There may be some nominations during the pre-show announced later on.

Edit: taken care of already

Floridian

Best Pop Vocal Album:
Piece by Piece – Kelly Clarkson
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful – Florence + The Machine
Before This World -- James Taylor
Uptown Special – Mark Ronson
1989 – Taylor Swift

Lol, won already

Meowster

Best Pop Vocal Album:
Piece by Piece – Kelly Clarkson
How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful – Florence + The Machine
Before This World -- James Taylor
Uptown Special – Mark Ronson
1989 – Taylor Swift

Lol, won already
Congrats, she deserved it. Not one of my favorite albums by Swift but she set the bar high and achieved so much with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom