• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleck0

so overall most entertaining Oscars in a long time?

Seemed like the first time they've actively tried to be slightly less stuffy

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
if ben affleck was ever "knocked down" in the past 15 years then i am already dead.

untitle123dskck9.png

Or did you mean actually knocked down?

Either I'm getting too old, jaded and can't seem to care anymore or this was just the lamest Academy Awards I watched.

I started the show with the enthusiasm of Roberto Benigni, half way through it I was feeling like Kristen Stewart.

rizz

Neo Member
I really enjoyed Argo. One of the best films from last year, no doubt. But whether it was "the best" movie from last year is open to interpretations. But I'm happy for Afleck. He has grown a lot as a director - excited to see what he does next.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
so overall most entertaining Oscars in a long time?

Absolutely not.

Also since they're theming now, this year was a salute to musicals, wtf are they going to salute next year that can also be performed on a stage? Acting?

Yes, but they're part of the CIA's new PR push so they're both kinda bullshitty.

Define "better", I don't know the truth about the supposed killing of Osama, nor do I really care about the details, but I thought as a "lets say fictional" movie, Zero Dark Thirty was the better movie.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For those asking, Driving Miss Daisy is the last film to win Best Picture without a Best Director nomination.

That was 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom