• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oscars Fashion Report: Kathryn Bigelow Stuns On Red Carpet Wearing Blood-Soaked Rags Osama Bin Laden Was Killed In

640.jpg

Which movie winning WOULDN'T have resulted in major backlash? None of them. That's which one.

Life of Pi - OMG RELIGIOUS PROPAGANDA.
Zero Dark Thirty - AMERICA PATTING ITSELF ON THE BACK. FUCK THIS SHIT.
Silver Linings Playbook - WTF IS THIS MOVIE?! MORE JUNO SHIT.
Amour - BORING. BORING. BORING.
Lincoln - UUUGH. SUCH A VANILLA CHOICE. FILM WAS BLAND.
Beasts of the Southern Wild - ONLY BECAUSE THE GIRL IS 9. WTF IS THIS MOVIE?
Django Unchained - NOT EVEN QT'S BEST WORK. PLUS, IT'S RACIST.
Les Miserables - BAD SINGING AND BLAND SCREENPLAY. SO BORING.
Argo - ANOTHER "AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!" MOVIE!

seven psychopaths

DrEvil

not a medical professional
The film would have been better than it was had it not been based on true events. The film had a brilliantly momentous 1st and 2nd act, but unfortunately everyone knew what the narrative was leading up too. Had the climax of the film been a complete mystery, the film would have been a classic IMO.

I found the first two hours incredibly choppy and narratively weak, so.. To each his own.

MIMIC

Banned
Which movie winning WOULDN'T have resulted in major backlash? None of them. That's which one.

heh

Kazerei

Banned
Overall I thought the show was pretty good. The past two years were terrible though, so maybe this year just seems good by comparison. I'd give Seth McFarlane a 7/10.

Jimothy

The film would have been better than it was had it not been based on true events. The film had a brilliantly momentous 1st and 2nd act, but unfortunately everyone knew what the narrative was leading up too. Had the climax of the film been a complete mystery, the film would have been a classic IMO.

The last act is the only decent part of the movie. What are you even talking about right now.

yami4ct

No matter what wins, you'll get some vocal detractors. Just the law of the internet. There's no movie that will universally unite all internet commentators. True of any year.

t-ramp

Depends on if Jackson can really kill it with 2 and 3. If he can't really stick the landing, the Oscars will likely just ignore him. The first had some serious issues even the academy can't ignore.

Now, if he really does some amazing work on part 3, Hobbit will sweep almost every award that year.
If he'd done a proper Hobbit adaptation it certainly could have won some major awards.

This bloated CGI trilogy? I hope it doesn't win a thing.

kinggroin

Banned
No Avengers or Batman for best picture nominations? At least a SFX mention!

Ugh horrible year for movies. Horrible.

Some Indian movie about a math symbol and...a tiger, a documentary about a little girl with super strength, a retelling of the capture of Saddam Hussein, and some boring history lessons. Woopdie doo.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Airport scene was the worst because it was so damn contrived.

Logistically, yes.. Considering the first thing they shoulda done was call traffic control, but it conveyed the suspense and stress very well, regardless of how much disbelief you needed to suspend.

I liked the entire movie, although I am Canadian and didn't know much about this whole search/ supposed killing of Osama, so the whole thing was sort of a mystery (- Osama dying). I agree the 1st and 2nd acts were the best though.

blackflag

I just watched Argo yesterday. I thought it was very good, mostly because it had great editing.

Ice only seen 3 of the nominated movies and thought both Django and Zero Dark Thirty were better. I ain't mad though, it was still good. Wish it would have been Django though.

MIMIC

Banned
No Avengers or Batman for best picture nominations? At least a SFX mention!

Ugh horrible year for movies. Horrible.

Some Indian movie about a math symbol and...a tiger, a documentary about a little girl with super strength, a retelling of the capture of Saddam Hussein, and some boring history lessons. Woopdie doo.

Not sure if serious.....

yami4ct

If he'd done a proper Hobbit adaptation it certainly could have won some major awards.

This bloated CGI trilogy? I hope it doesn't win a thing.

I totally agree with this. All the additions and CG stuff really spoiled part 1. I have some hope he'll stick the landing with 2/3, but if it's the same as part 1 they won't get any awards.

Eh, I'll see all three parts no matter what. The Hobbit is a great story and the good stuff does shine through the crap Jackson piles on top of it.

Yes. Pretty obvious that Django, Les Mis, and Beasts of the Southern Wild were dead-weight noms that were never going to win. My guess is that Amour would have been the 4th cut.

I dunno the academy LOVED Le Mis, even if the rest of the world didn't think it was godlike.

eastmen

Banned
Don't get JL winning , the performance wasn't very good. But I did love argo. Life of pi was a close second to me. I would play the hobbit at number 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom