• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rr6o2TX.gif

ohahahahaa I love this

Enzom21

Wow settle. Mostly going through Whiplash that so many posters are either LLL is good or LLL is bad (I personally LOVED it) and it going back and forth.

But I'm more happy that Moonlight and Zootopia won tonight.

And extremely can't wait for LLL on dvd

What does that have to do with Hollywood being good or bad? You know damn well you were commenting on the whole #Oscarssowhite issue.

Barzul

Have to feel for those La La Land guys. I didn't think the movie was all that, but no one deserves that. At least they won what 6 other Oscars? I'm happy to see a movie with a diverse cast that is based on slavery win an award this prestigious. it makes studios more likely to take risks with majority Asian casts or more stories with LGBT characters playing major roles etc. This movie could not have been made 10 years ago talk less of winning an Oscar for Best Picture.

teiresias

What? He literally explained it on stage. He said they gave him the best actress one.

Even if that were the case, the card should have said "Emma Stone" and not "LA LA Land" as the winner. At the very least he should have stalled and gotten someone's attention.

Why was the Best Actress card back in an envelope anyway? Ridiculous.

Funny thing is, La La Land and Moonlight are guaranteed to be locked into popular culture history in a bigger way than winning the Oscar would ever give one of them.

The Lamp

again I don't get this.

boring white people singing about their problems in LA with autotune:
"I can't open my jazz club!"
"Nobody chooses me in my auditions! Guess I have to go back to school or go back to live with mom and dad!"

boohoo.

black women put people into space.

And I'm glad Moonlight got best picture.

The LLL hype train is ridiculous.

I don't get this.

The "industry" just recognized Moonlight with it's top award. ?

Yeah, that's why I think it Moonlight winning instead of LLL was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom