• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Rr6o2TX.gif

Still one of the all-time best GIFs.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Even if that were the case, the card should have said "Emma Stone" and not "LA LA Land" as the winner. At the very least he should have stalled and gotten someone's attention.

Why was the Best Actress card back in an envelope anyway? Ridiculous.

He did stall.

A-V-B

Man, I feel really bad for the La La Land guys. All celebrating and happy, then BAM. You lost, our bad.

I'd almost say make it the first joint best picture, but then you're cheapening everyone's victory.

Window

All the headlines printing "Beatty reads out winner wrong" are really creating the wrong perception of what happened (even though it may be technically correct, kind of as Dunaway said out loud the winner).

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Price Waterhouse Coopers will be doing the Oscars after this. Lol

Granjinha

still haven't watched moonlight but wow at that mistake

The last thing people and the film industry need is another generic-ass musical with people who can't even sing reinforcing white privilege.

bye LLL

oh jesus christ just shut up with this, la la land is an incredible movie.

boring white people singing about their problems in LA with autotune:
"I can't open my jazz club!"
"Nobody chooses me in my auditions! Guess I have to go back to school or go back to live with mom and dad!"

boohoo.

black women put people into space.

And I'm glad Moonlight got best picture.

The LLL hype train is ridiculous.

Yeah, that's why I think it Moonlight winning instead of LLL was great.

thank god you won't ever be in anything related to nonimating what's best and what's not

Natiko

Banned
"Nobody chooses me in my auditions! Guess I have to go back to school or go back to live with mom and dad!"

boohoo.

Yeah, that's why I think it Moonlight winning instead of LLL was great.
I didn't realize the awards were based on concepts instead of execution. Silly me.

Kacar

Liked La La Land alot more than moonlight.

Was cool to see moonlight win like that out of nowhere. Also thought it was a great movie.

That was just crazy.

Yeah Beatty actually didn't really fuck up at all. He was rightfully confused and at worst just didn't act quick enough to salvage the situation.

AoM

Basically:

You could tell Beatty was wary about reading it out because of the confusion (saying Emma Stone on the card), so Dunaway hastily saw La La Land and read it out.

Even if that were the case, the card should have said "Emma Stone" and not "LA LA Land" as the winner. At the very least he should have stalled and gotten someone's attention.

Why was the Best Actress card back in an envelope anyway? Ridiculous.
He did stall and you could tell he was confused by what he was reading.

But yeah, that was completely ridiculous how this could happen.

Window

boohoo.

This is a terrible way to judge movies or any art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom