• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

The007JiM

Insane plot twist at the end.

Great year of different kind of movies.

Great job by Kimmel.

Funny thing is Thor: The Dark World started right after ending the oscars in Latam TNT signal.
And yes i'm going to watch it

Joeku

oh jesus christ just shut up with this, la la land is an incredible movie.

La La Land's leads are a bastion of privilege, and whiteness is indeed a part of that. If those two were of different races the movie would come off entirely differently. You can't deny that.

Edit: Lmao BJ Novak keeping it real.

NYR

Basically:

You could tell Beatty was wary about reading it out because of the confusion (saying Emma Stone on the card), so Dunaway hastily saw La La Land and read it out.
He even looked off stage. This is a massive fuck up. Legendary.

dlGvQpE.jpg

haha

Moppeh

Banned
Please, everyone, I know we are emotional right now but let's do the right thing here and blame Faye Dunnaway. Warren just had a comeback with the hit film "Ruls Don't Apply", he doesn't deserve this.

traveler

Not Wario
boring white people singing about their problems in LA with autotune:
"I can't open my jazz club!"
"Nobody chooses me in my auditions! Guess I have to go back to school or go back to live with mom and dad!"

boohoo.

black women put people into space.

And I'm glad Moonlight got best picture.

The LLL hype train is ridiculous.

Yeah, that's why I think it Moonlight winning instead of LLL was great.

While Moonlight's concept is uniquely relevant in the current age and worthy of addressing, so much of what makes great art great is the how and not the what. Even if you don't think La La Land was a great movie, this is a terrible way of evaluating art in general.

Granjinha

La La Land's leads are a bastion of privilege, and whiteness is indeed a part of that. If those two were of different races the movie would come off entirely differently. You can't deny that.

And? We're talking best movie here, i'm sure moonlight is great and maybe even better than LLL (still haven't seen it) but what a nonsensical statement considering the context of the awards

Jesus christ, show some respect. And he did know something was wrong; he clearly looks confused and takes his time- looks at Dunaway to try to get her take on it, but doesn't know what to do at the time.

Someone screwed up in the back; Warren just took the loss for them.
What is he your grandpa? He could have realized the card was wrong and called the producer over.

The Lamp

This is a terrible way to judge movies or any art.

LLL was simply not as good as Hidden Figures or Moonlight. And there was definitely not a single scene as good as when Katherine yells at everyone in the control room.

But whatever. Justice was served anyway.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Nobody chooses me in my auditions! Guess I have to go back to school or go back to live with mom and dad!"

boohoo.

Dude, wut

Socivol

Moonlight was a great movie and the Oscar is well deserved. I wish they would have expanded on the ending a bit more it ended pretty abruptly to me.

Choomp

Banned

boohoo.

Is that really how you came out of La La Land? Dude

I feel like I can't even enjoy it.

I wanted Moonlight to win, but fuccccccccck, they brought the La La Land crew onstage for the biggest win of the night and took it away.

jombag

I found it kinda weird Ryan Gosling wasn't with the La La land entourage when they were making their speech..hmmmm.

Scotch

boohoo.

Worst poster in this thread.

boohoo.

Well this take is quite hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom