• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
C5pehBcXEAEtj_o.jpg:large

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

Someone is getting fired now

Goodstyle

The biggest shock of the night for me is still Denzel crying like a little bitch after losing. I would expect him to have more class and dignity than that, especially since he already won an Oscar before.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
C5pehBcXEAEtj_o.jpg:large

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

Like I said earlier in the thread, they totally gave him the backup for female leading role. This is a fuck up on whoever deals with the envelopes, there was no way 2 people would have read it wrong and like he said, he was confused since it said Emma Stone.

Granjinha

What's with this guy just snatching the card out of Beatty's hand. Have some respect you clown.

poor beatty boo hoo

i mean it's not like the guy made a mistake and made an entire team of dedicated people think that they won an oscar

so sad that he had a card snatched out of his hand huh :(

traveler

Not Wario
The biggest shock of the night for me is still Denzel crying like a little bitch after losing. I would expect him to have more class and dignity than that, especially since he already won an Oscar before.

Don't know where the tears are coming from. Affleck was paying tribute to him in his speech. Bit presumptuous to assume he's a sore loser or heartbroken....

louiedog

Huffington Post did an article on what would happen if the wrong name was read just yesterday.

Throughout the telecast, Cullinan and Ruiz are stationed on opposite sides backstage. The duo will have memorized the winners, thereby preventing the need to list them on any documentation that could land in the wrong hands. As the night progresses, Cullinan and Ruiz ensure every category’s presentation is factual. Should a presenter declare a false winner for any reason, they are prepared to tell the nearest stage manager, who will immediately alert the show’s producers.

Cullinan and Ruiz, who spoke to The Huffington Post last week, say the exact procedure is unknown because no mistake of that kind has been made in the Oscars’ 88-year history.

“We would make sure that the correct person was known very quickly,” Cullinan said. “Whether that entails stopping the show, us walking onstage, us signaling to the stage manager — that’s really a game-time decision, if something like that were to happen. Again, it’s so unlikely.”

Cullinan is one of the people you see running out there to correct things.

SexyFish

Banned
poor beatty boo hoo

i mean it's not like the guy made a mistake and made an entire team of dedicated people think that they won an oscar

so sad that he had a card snatched out of his hand huh :(
He didn't announce it. He was obviously confused?

Whoever handed him the wrong card is fucked. No need to shit on a great actor for something that wasn't even his fucking fault.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
That was the backup card, brought out from offstage. Beatty had the backup/duplicate Best Actress card, which was given to him by mistake. There are duplicates of all the envelopes and cards that are opened offstage to confirm the winner read onstage.

There's no conspiracy or presenter error here (aside from maybe Beatty should have called out the problem instead of handing it to Dunaway), this is a production error.

There are duplicate envelopes opened offstage to confirm the wins.

If that's the case that's actually a FARRRRRRRRR bigger fuck up than just some old man who may have needed glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom