• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I long for the day when black people/movies can win Oscars for being...happy...like in La La Land rather than being broken.

I I suppose our brokeness is entertainment to those who do not live our lives.

Ithil

54q7MXC.jpg

game theory time

They have more than one copy of each card.

Done.

traveler

Not Wario
There's a dupe card backstage for win confirmation. That was the one that Warren ended up with it. Makes perfect sense; no conspiracy nonsense at work.

The card snatch is a producer singlehandedly trying to regain focus and get a ship back on track.

Which is kinda what producers do.

You can see him trying to stop his crew from stomping off, trying to get the moonlight crew to come up and get those awards, and trying to make sure the audience understands what the fuck is actually happening, as fast as he can, all at the same time, on live television, while processing the fact he just lost Best Picture.

I'm not gonna begrudge him whipping the card out of Warren's hand.

Yeah, there's some edge there, but it's not like you can expect him to grasp everything about the situation, including whose to blame in the moment, and he's obviously affected by it all. No problem with how he handled it.

Yeah! Not like his dream or anything was ruined live on TV in front of billions and within seconds of thinking he realized it, right? What a DICK.

/s

Right? like where the fuck are these posts even coming from?. All he did was snatch the card out of his hand and for good reason as they were stalling and he wanted to make sure Moonlight got its award.

A-V-B

The card snatch is a producer singlehandedly trying to regain focus and get a ship back on track.

You can see him trying to stop his crew from stomping off, trying to get the moonlight crew to come up and get those awards, and trying to make sure the audience understands what the fuck is actually happening, as fast as he can, all at the same time, on live television, while processing the fact he just lost Best Picture.

This is very true, btw.

The card snatch was clearly a guy dealing with a lot but trying to project "no. Stop laughing. This is real. Get them up here ASAP."

That is my take as well. He is embarassed, angry, and upset that the audience thinks that he is joking. He takes the award seriously and offers to hand them the Oscar himself.

I think people here are overreacting to him snatching the card.

I feel like I can't even enjoy it.

I wanted Moonlight to win, but fuccccccccck, they brought the La La Land crew onstage for the biggest win of the night and took it away.

Yeah that's gotta be crushing. Props to them with handling it with such poise. If that were me I don't think I would be able to hold my disappointment back.

teiresias

He has NO right to be mad at Beatty

How do you even function in a professional environment if you're assigning this guy's frustration and wanting to quickly clear up the audience's confusion as personal anger towards Beatty? I mean, seriously. I'd hate to be the guy that raises their voice within earshot of you at the office, lest you think you're being personally accosted.

Completely agree. I thought he handled the situation really well. That could have gotten a lot more chaotic.

Granjinha

He didn't make the god damn mistake

He didn't announce it. He was obviously confused?

Whoever handed him the wrong card is fucked. No need to shit on a great actor for something that wasn't even his fucking fault.

Who cares? The guy's rightly pissed. He didn't offend Beatty nor anything. I would think that he is being far more understanding than a bunch of guys on forum getting offended by someone who probably understands the producer's position.

Just stop, really.

j-wood

The worst part of this fuck up is Trump is going to be like "haha look at these amateurs! Sad!"

And his supporters are going to fucking eat it up.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
How do you even function in a professional environment if you're assigning this guy's frustration and wanting to quickly clear up the audience's confusion as personal anger towards Beatty? I mean, seriously. I'd hate to be the guy that raises their voice within earshot of you at the office, lest you think you're being personally accosted.

Saying he has a right to be mad at Beatty is wrong, and I pointed that out. If someone gets mad and takes it out on others not responsible? Yeah that's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom