• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

It's a happy idealistic fluff piece by Hollywood about Hollywood where successful performers play struggling performers who find success. I also found it boring and simplistic, with a theme that has the creators' heads so far up their own ass they can't see anything other than the shit they eat everyday.

really don't get the visceral hate the movie gets , especially opinions like this one.

Floridian

MUSIC (ORIGINAL SONG)
"Audition (The Fools Who Dream)" from La La Land
"Can’t Stop The Feeling" from Trolls
"City Of Stars" from La La Land
"The Empty Chair" from Jim: The James Foley Story
"How Far I’ll Go" from Moana

TheFlow

Banned
No, it means she's pale. That's what white balance is.

I know. I'm saying that Sing Street's lack of success disproves the suggestion that La La Land is so hyped solely because people love movie musicals with good music and characters.
La la land had a way wider release. Well known people in it, and then it being an American movie.

traveler

Not Wario
I don't have a problem with La La Land winning this; I just have a problem with the songs they nominated. They picked the weakest two of the four.

fr0st

Banned
No, it means she's pale. That's what white balance is.

I know. I'm saying that Sing Street's lack of success disproves the suggestion that La La Land is so hyped solely because people love movie musicals with good music and characters.
Well I got the white part but the tweet mentions her chest so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom