• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

Why do people keep mentioning a La La Land sweep. Isn't a sweep when they win all their available awards? We've already seen La La Land lose a few.

thefro

Would be nice for Lin to pull off the EGOT.

Lame. But expected.

Pasek & Paul will get 3/4ths of the way to the EGOT in pretty quick order since "Dear Evan Hansen" is supposed to be outstanding. So that's their Tony and probably a Grammy for best cast album.

But yeah, I thought "How Far I'll Go" was the best of the 5 songs. And Lin would get a PEGOT, not just an EGOT.

Burbeting

Banned
So many people here so against La La Land. It wasn't the best movie of the year for me (Moonlight was that), but it was still very great.

traveler

Not Wario
Moonlight's score was fantastic; I can't object to La La Land winning that one, but I do think the score is probably one of the more underrated aspect of the film.

What happened to Jennifer Aniston's face? too much plastic surgery or just getting old? Also RIP Bill Paxton.....One of my favorite actors. Him along with Michael Bihen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom