• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S2 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oohhh, that's who that is.

That's several weeks after S2 wrapped photography, so it doesn't have to do with shooting the show.

I was hoping its a S3 decision. (I know its way too early for this to be decided upon.)
Re-reading the tweet I think it just means she was in DC visiting.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's too bad they haven't given her a lot to work with this season, though that'll undoubtedly change with Larrick onto her.
I'm missing a step there, too. He heard about the attack and flew back, but I don't know how he traced back to the switchboard operator. Maybe Elizabeth or Phil had called him earlier and it was routed through that switchboard?

Now that I'm thinking back he definitely was able to contact them when he had Lucia captured after she tried to kill him. So I guess he probably just had a number he could call and used that to get on the trail.

Right, he had some way of contacting them to plan meets. I can't recall if the method was ever made explicitly. Presumably it was by phone, and so he went to investigate the switch. That probably could have been made a little more clear.

Didn't catch the episode last night, but I got a chance to watch it tonight (didn't show for me on FX NOW for some reason). Things are coming to a head as we roll steadily towards the climax of the season.

The most impressive part for me is that the second season turned a character I thought was doomed towards the end of last season (Nina), and make her a deep character that can't wait to see the different facets of and they introduced a character which I assumed was a bit piece (Oleg) and unraveled him as an interesting character.

Linius

Damn, Larrick doing some proper detective work. Poor switchboard operator guy :(

Great episode again. Good pacing with enough time for the characters but yet also another lethal mission and like said Larrick on his way. This season has been amazing so far.

Great stuff as usual, episode flew by really fast.

Got confused with the Larrick bit meself until I realised that it comes with the territory.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Only just now catching up on the newest episode. Good stuff. Nice to see that blonde woman from last season - I was unsatisfied with the abrupt way they ended her storyline and thought we'd never see her again.

Regarding last week, with Philip saying something to Anna Lise(?) after she's freaked out after sleeping with the Pakistani dude about how hard it is seeing the woman he loves with another man even for a cause greater than them, is that why he had Elizabeth taken off that guy? Was he really talking about her? Otherwise I don't understand why he was so gung-ho on altering the mission and putting Anna Lise on the dude.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding last week, with Philip saying something to Anna Lise(?) after she's freaked out after sleeping with the Pakistani dude about how hard it is seeing the woman he loves with another man even for a cause greater than them, is that why he had Elizabeth taken off that guy? Was he really talking about her? Otherwise I don't understand why he was so gung-ho on altering the mission and putting Anna Lise on the dude.

Yeah. Now that he and Elizabeth are truly together and not just for the motherland, he's struggling with some of the things he was previously okay with.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hmm...didn't expect that. Elizabeth didn't either I guess, so good company :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom