• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S2 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This season has gone by super fast. Great season so far though. Feel confident that it'll end strongly.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Very good episode. They've had some wonderful acting from small parts like the driver in the woods and now cancer man.

Watching now. Arkady scares me! He belongs in game of thrones universe.

edit: awesome episode! This season really hasn't slowed once. Can't believe it's almost over.

I really like how Arkady always finds a way to say "Nina Sergeevna" when talking to her or about her.

The Paige to summer camp dilemma has been running throughout the season and there's never been a better time to get her and even Henry out of town completely. Larrick is getting that close to Philip and Elizabeth that they're next on his list. Get the kids out of there when shit goes down.

I'm also not sure what to make of Kate meeting up with Jarrod/Jared. Is there more to be revealed with how the center was running that operation? Like Elizabeth said, she met him in plain clothes with no disguise. That would imply that another form of protection is in place or he knows more after his parents death than he's letting on.

This season is flying by and I almost don't want it to end with these final two episodes.

Edit:

The guy who plays "cancer man" has actually been in a lot of stuff. Heroes and Revolution included.

Zeljko Ivanek has been in EVERYTHING.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Lot of shit hitting the fan.

I have no idea what to make of this Jared stuff. Why is Kate visiting him? That's really odd.

Elizabeth jumped so fast on letting Paige protest American nuclear weapons, hah.

Like just about every conversation on this show, I can't tell if Arkady is bluffing here.

Yeah... there are a few permutations between what Moscow has or has not demanded, and how or if Arkady is playing anyone to get results.

Very good episode. They've had some wonderful acting from small parts like the driver in the woods and now cancer man.
He'll always be Andre Drazen to me!

I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left, this has been a near-flawless season of television thus far. Really impressed.

Was it a little hard to understand him for anyone else? I know it was deliberate, but I had to turn on the captions for the "soup" scene.

Linius

I recognized him from Suits. He was kind of a dick in that episode he appeared him so I feel pretty neutral about him :p

About this series then. Boy this episode was great. Larrick is talking business right now. He really scares me.

He has this brutal efficiency about him that's frightening. It's nice to have a villain that isn't into mustache twirling for once.

Depends on your POV. If you've been siding with the USA and the FBI throughout the show, you could say he's on the side of angels, with the likes of Beeman and the FBI but his means are as unscrupulous as the Illegals themselves.

2 key Soviet operatives down in 2 episodes is pretty crazy though. He's really racking up the body count. I guess the deaths at the camp are what caused him to renege on his earlier promise.

Depends on your POV. If you've been siding with the USA and the FBI throughout the show, you could say he's on the side of angels, with the likes of Beeman and the FBI but his means are as unscrupulous as the Illegals themselves.
Very good point. The show does a nice job of operating most of the characters in a gray area. I find myself rooting for the Jennings clan due to how the show is constructed from their POV, but they're doing some awful things.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I can't really look in here because I only just finished season 1, but FUCK THIS SHOW IS GOOD.

I watched the pilot when it originally aired. I really enjoyed it, but for some reason I didn't continue watching. I've just binge watched the first season, and it's just... wow. I was really enjoying it, but after the episode where Elizabeth almost killed Granny I was completely hooked.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Damn, I'm surprised they killed off Philip and Elizabeth's new handler. Claudia needs to come back and kick that dude's ass.

New episode tonight:
Operation Chronicle

Elizabeth rushes to exfiltrate Jared; Philip readies Fred for a crucial mission; Arkady finally plays his hand; Stan has to make an impossible choice.
Two episodes left this season including tonight's installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom