• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S2 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

I'm not sure if I understand the critic reviews of the show. Andy Greenwald and Sepinwall and everyone loves it and says season 2 makes a huge leap, but 2 episodes in it's still a decent story that leans on melodrama way too much

I'm not sure if I understand the critic reviews of the show. Andy Greenwald and Sepinwall and everyone loves it and says season 2 makes a huge leap, but 2 episodes in it's still a decent story that leans on melodrama way too much

Well, the critics did get see a few more eps than we have so far, but your description of the show seems right to me.

I've never understood the hyperbole laced reviews that critics have showered this show with.

Did anyone else notice a very obvious watermark of the show's logo during the latter Stan/Nina scene? Was very obvious against the walls of the apartment.

Thought it was burn-in/image retention on my plasma for a second, but it wasn't.

Backlogger

Finally watched episode 1 of season 2 last night. So glad this show is back on.

eMJTG.gif

Man I do not like the way this show is taking.

fuck the daughter, can they please quite it with her spying on her parents. I hate kids in tv shows as they always fuck things up and are so annoying. Hopefully the show will continue on being about spying and kicking ass, forget that family life crap.

Saty

Their spying is predicated on a couple with kids and that's what heightens the risk and concern. I like it the show isn't a string of operations and 'badass-ness' - that's not a complete, true and round espionage for agents like Phillip and Elizabeth. And the kid characters+actors are probably the best i've seen on TV for a long time.

Solid ep. Liked the scene with Elizabeth helping a young fresh agent. Nice move by Paige.

I see the ratings weren't good :x

Alpende

Man I do not like the way this show is taking.

fuck the daughter, can they please quite it with her spying on her parents. I hate kids in tv shows as they always fuck things up and are so annoying. Hopefully the show will continue on being about spying and kicking ass, forget that family life crap.

I had my doubts with the whole family thing but so far they managed to keep it interesting. You get to see both the KGB story and the family stuff. Not just family stuff. The kids aren't shitty compared to other shows. That helps a lot.

You know what's one of my favorite moments in this show?

When Paige talked back to Elizabeth she straight up went into BOSS mode.

" Excuse me? Stand up."

"You DO NOT get to speak to me like that."

I was AWW SHIT!!

EWmof.gif

New episode tonight:
The Walk In

Philip and Elizabeth complete their next mission; Philip's fears about Elizabeth's readiness for action deepen; Stan tracks the KGB walk-in which leads to much praise at work; Paige snoops into her mother's family background.

inm8num2

This season seems to be leading to
Paige finding out about her parents
. (spoiler'd because I'm referring to the episode synopsis)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Anyone else with Dish having intermittent sound issues? It's not as bad as it was with Justified last night, but still annoying.

Tamanon

Banned
Phil and Liz are pretty damn smart and thorough spies, and they know that Paige is snooping around. They must have the address of someone who knows how to play along displayed that prominently in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom