• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Bomb

Maaaaaaaaan. I've been spending the last week trying to decide what wheels to get for my car. I have like 30 TABS OPEN in my browser for research. No Volks or SSR Comps on here because they're a tad expensive. These Weds are pretty much out of my price range too, but I do like the look.

Colours aside, here's what I have so far in order from lowest value to highest:

nengun-1524-00-weds-tc_105n.jpg

WedsSport TC105N

enkei_rp03_sbc_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei RP03

139.jpg

Work Emotion CR Kai

enkeir_pf01_bs_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei PF01

kosei_k1ts_lg_ci3_l.jpg

Kosei K1 TS

kosei_k4r_lg_ci3_l.jpg

Kosei K4R

324.jpg

Work Emotion CR Kiwami*

124.jpg

Work Emotion XT7*

*value unknown because I don't have numbers for the weight yet

Any opinions? Looking at 17x8 or so. I wish there were more light chunky 5-spoke wheels out there. :(

Its amazing, without seeing who posted those wheels I was thinking how good they would look on my impreza lol

That ten spoke, or split 5 spoke looks good on the sedan styling

I say the work Emotion would look great

have any shots of the car in progress?

N-Bomb

why do all these wheelmakers insist on putting LOGOS. EVERYWHERE.

Lots of design copying going on these days (see: Rotas), I guess it's one way to be sure they're legit.

those Work Emotion CR Kai's are delicious.

Yeah. I wish I knew what the main diff is between the Kais and Kiwamis. I assume the Kiwamis are lighter because they're newer? I dunno. They're certainly $130 more expensive.

That ten spoke, or split 5 spoke looks good on the sedan styling

I say the work Emotion would look great

have any shots of the car in progress?

They're supposed to have given me some pics of the new engine, but since they've been working all week and the car is now just a shell, I'll forgive em. ;)

I'm going down on monday to pick up some of the old parts (what I can fit in my dad's CRV), and I'll take some pics while I'm there, and/or see if they've actually taken any that they haven't emailed me yet. I guess I'm resigned to going with the hugeass Brembos, since I'm looking at 17" wheels.

Sidebar: Also on my list are Buddy Club P1 Racing QF, OZ Alleggerita, and Enkei RPF1, none of which I really like the look of. And the Starform Real Racing R2, which is out of production and likely not possible to find without a lot of bullshit.

Yea I don't think the GC Imprezas look good with huge wheels, 17's would be the max, but when I put wheels on mine I am looking for 16 inch, with some low profile tires. this way to get the car lower to the ground.

robox

for reference on tc105n:
1TIEp.jpg

blue tape because dealership sponsored an autox with loaner cars. sooooo wish i was there. but i was out of town.

Yeah. I wish I knew what the main diff is between the Kais and Kiwamis. I assume the Kiwamis are lighter because they're newer? I dunno. They're certainly $130 more expensive.

They use flowforming technology that make the wheel stronger and lighter. Plus they added new bigger wheel sizes with non crappy offests ^_^

And out of the list you've posted, I'd go with anything from Work...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The first 991 Porsche 911 has been wrecked...

...and it was Lindsay Lohan's.

She was swiped by an 18-wheeler.

N-Bomb

Yea I don't think the GC Imprezas look good with huge wheels, 17's would be the max, but when I put wheels on mine I am looking for 16 inch, with some low profile tires. this way to get the car lower to the ground.

I'd prefer 16s, but no 16s will clear the Brembos.

my choices

Any particular reason why?

And out of the list you've posted, I'd go with anything from Work...

I like em... but it's seeming hard to find them in Canada.

The first 991 Porsche 911 has been wrecked...

...and it was Lindsay Lohan's.

She was swiped by an 18-wheeler.

I don't blame the truck, I blame the Porsche dealer for allowing her to buy it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Very nice.

I just took a look at the first BRZ to arrive in Oklahoma City today. It was a limited in world rally blue, 6MT. Had the 800 rear defuser and home link mirror with compass. 29,436 US THEN a 5000 "market adjustment" on top.

Gorgeous car though, limited is worth the extra $$$ for the features IMO.

I really don't want the defuser and they said every limited they get this year will have the same spec.

$34k for the BRZ?!?!!? Hahhaaaha...

Pein

Banned
34k? they can fuck right off with that. For that i could get a 370z or hell just buy a sti right from subaru.

EDIT- my girlfriend's dad is buying her a evo x, what a kick in the nuts thats my realistic dream car.

Dead Man

So Toyota Australia have blown me away with the pricing on the GT86 I promised myself that if it came out for about AU$35k I would get one. Just priced up my 6 speed manual and it comes in at AU$30,099.00.

So I'll be trading in my 3 month old Hyundai Veloster+.

FUCK YES. Now I need to sort out wheels, suspension and exhaust ready for some track days.

Yeah, saw that and was amazed. If I didn't already have a 2 door that I will never sell I would be all over that.

I want to test drive one of these BR-Zs and see if it can hold up to my EVO 9.

34k? they can fuck right off with that. For that i could get a 370z or hell just buy a sti right from subaru.

EDIT- my girlfriend's dad is buying her a evo x, what a kick in the nuts thats my realistic dream car.

Buy an EVO8-9 and get a real evo, not a compromise.

AlphaSnake

Yes, according to Jalopnik it was a rental which begs the question: Who in their right mind would ever rent a car to a person with a record of DUIs and alcohol abuse?

Who gives a shit? The car is insured. The rental company got paid. She wasn't even at fault.

All is good.

Viperbah

Brother took some quick pictures of the viper yesterday, thought I would share.

It's all stock for now, I sold my C6 Z to get it.

PICT1150.jpg

Also I got rid of my GTO, I couldn't justify keeping both. I traded it on a used 2003 RSX base. Feels good to be back into a Honda again. I would have went for a Type S but since this was going to be my daily I didn't want to pay for premium.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr157/bah321/PICT1150.jpg

Also I got rid of my GTO, I couldn't justify keeping both. I traded it on a used 2003 RSX base. Feels good to be back into a Honda again. I would have went for a Type S but since this was going to be my daily I didn't want to pay for premium.

God damn you guys, can I be someones minion or henchmen or adopted 29 year old? I can assemble some computers for you.

AlphaSnake

PICT1150.jpg

For some reason I read that as it being your brother's or something. But read it again, and it was your brother who took a picture of your car. Anyways...ridiculous. What color is it? On my laptop it looks like a dark purple, and it looks fucking glorious.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
For some reason I read that as it being your brother's or something. But read it again, and it was your brother who took a picture of your car. Anyways...ridiculous. What color is it? On my laptop it looks like a dark purple, and it looks fucking glorious.

Viper red bro viper red

AlphaSnake

Lighting of the picture gives it a really odd hue, then.

Still, I love Vipers. :)

Viperbah

God damn you guys, can I be someones minion or henchmen or adopted 29 year old? I can assemble some computers for you.

Haha, always in need of some extra henchmen.

Yeah, it's mine, his car is the beat up Celica in the background lol. I think the color is called venom red, aka dark red.

I would prefer black, but all I could find in black was convertibles and really wanted a coupe.

C6 Z was a nicer car overall and easier to drive, viper is faster and better built, reminds me of a 60s muscle car (good and bad).

AlphaSnake

Haha, always in need of some extra henchmen.

Yeah, it's mine, his car is the beat up Celica in the background lol. I think the color is called venom red, aka dark red.

I would prefer black, but all I could find in black was convertibles and really wanted a coupe.

C6 Z was a nicer car overall and easier to drive, viper is faster and better built, reminds me of a 60s muscle car (good and bad).

Yeah, I had a feeling it couldn't have just been Viper Red. This laptop's color clarity is pretty sharp. Venom Red is a pretty rare color too, only offered in 08 right?

Viperbah

Yeah, I had a feeling it couldn't have just been Viper Red. This laptop's color clarity is pretty sharp. Venom Red is a pretty rare color too, only offered in 08 right?

Yeah, I believe so. The color grows on you, it wasn't my first choice but it's a hell of a lot easier to take care of than black paint.

TrounceX

Oh no, I'm seriously starting to consider selling my 2010 Cobalt SS/TC for a Subaru BRZ. It's been in my head for days now.

All the numbers are in favor of my Cobalt. But that styling and that rear wheel drive, I have to have it!

I don't know what to do.

ameratsu

Well I never thought I would hear my dad tell me he liked a 4 cylinder toyota more than a 440hp mustang, yet here we are. He just had to tell me how much more enjoyed beating on the FR-S more than the Boss 302 that he subsequently drove. Not that it's a fair comparison, but this is a guy who drove cars with v8s his whole life. Impressive, wish I could have tried it.

PICT1150.jpg

Very nice.

There is something about the vipers that intimidate me when I see one on the road.
It just have this present of brute force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom