• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

I'd be happy with stock GT-R power levels. Even a new GT500. I can honestly say I think I'd be alright. Get a full exhaust, intake, and tune for the sound more so, though it'd add some more ponies.

I like reading the Shelby forums where a tuner put $3500 into a GT500 and it broke into the 9's in the quarter. People asked "why", and the answer was, "Because of Supras". I guess that whole highway pull scene is still alive this day.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
jd-power-iqs-1.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/20/j-d-power-initial-quality-study-highlights-infotainment-woes-p/

ascii42

N-Bomb

I mean, it's epic and I want to drive one but there's a point where aerodynamics and cowling kind of smooth out charisma. It is at that point, like most Le Mans cars.

I meant the colour scheme, actually. The car I'm not a fan of.

I don't even understand why anyone would want that. I suppose it's technically impressive the in same way an Yngwie Malmsteen guitar solo is impressive.

I'd rather just have a decommissioned fighter plane at this point. You can actually use it to much of its ability.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
My shop's GTR customer just posted a pic of him sitting in traffic, on a 105-degree NYC day with the car running like butter. That's 1000HP on a sweltering day, without skipping a beat. That's awesome.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
My shop's GTR customer just posted a pic of him sitting in traffic, on a 105-degree NYC day with the car running like butter. That's 1000HP on a sweltering day, without skipping a beat. That's awesome.

Why is he taking pics in traffic while driving a 1000HP car?

AlphaSnake

Why is he taking pics in traffic while driving a 1000HP car?

Sitting in traffic.

As in, gridlock. Nobody's moving on any highway right now, it's insane what's going on in this shit hole of a city.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Wait it has 1000HP on pump gas or is he running higher Octane gas right now?
Nonetheless, that sucks for him all that power stuck in traffic.

I was going to post a sick picture.....
screw it...i couldn't resist taking a picture...
7415917966_f30d030045_z.jpg

Is that a Toyota Soarer?
Ohh no, Im very open minded to many many mods but the donk culture of the US is one i just cant fully understand.

How do they get the cars suspension that high, and is it reversible?
Im hoping it is as so when they sell the car some respectable person cant restore the car as much as possible.

I always like Soarers too.

AlphaSnake

Wait it has 1000HP on pump gas or is he running higher Octane gas right now?
Nonetheless, that sucks for him all that power stuck in traffic.

Both actually. He has an E85 conversion running from the back that can be turned on and off at will. This car is absolutely bananas. The owner doesn't pussyfoot with it it, either. Notice the ODO reads over 20k miles. Hahaha

Is that a Toyota Soarer?
Ohh no, Im very open minded to many many mods but the donk culture of the US is one i just cant fully understand.

How do they get the cars suspension that high, and is it reversible?
Im hoping it is as so when they sell the car some respectable person cant restore the car as much as possible.

I always like Soarers too.

Yes thats a soarer(Lexus sc300)
Only one explanation I can think of on how he got the suspension that high.....MAGIC!!!!

N-Bomb

Around here we call that 'as it should be'. Put that much money into a car it BETTER run smoove and drama-free. :eek:

J-Rzez

Was a sad day. There was a car cruise to raise money today and only 14 cars showed up, 8 of which, all older cars (30-60s), had to pull over repeatedly in the stop and go sections due to the insane heat.

Glad that GT-R made it, as it should though, if it were done right. Is that shop trying to compete with AMS Performance or something now?

MisterNoisy

No, but loud colors are just ridiculous.

I like loud/funky colors. There's way too many grey and beige and light blue cars. A brightly/distinctively-colored car catches the eye and makes having to share the road with everyone else just a little less boring.

N-Bomb

1. It's really not that loud.

+100

No, but loud colors are just ridiculous.

Your definition of 'loud' is highly suspect. And likely wrong.

I like loud/funky colors. There's way too many grey and beige and light blue cars. A brightly/distinctively-colored car catches the eye and makes having to share the road with everyone else just a little less boring.

Totally agree. On the drive home, it's a sea of black/grey/silver/beige, with an occasional blueish car. When you spot a rare solid primary colour or something, it really stands out, not from being flashy, but just from the crowd it's in. One reason I'm considering getting mine sprayed red or WRB. I'm leaning away from black at this point. Was briefly considering gunmetal, but...

Enron

Banned
Yes, its so not-loud and so goddamned subaru's color that EVERY wannabe with a non-STi wrx-done-to-look-like-an-STi paints his this color, and every actual STi driver gets theirs in this color, but do you ever see any other subarus in Rally blue? Ever see a legacy or outback or whatnot done up like this? Hardly ever. Nope, just racerguy STis and fake STis. I'm sorry. It's boyish. It's loud. It screams for attention. Yuck. You don't have to paint it silver or grey or whatever boring overused color, but you also don't have to make it look like a box of crayola either.

Enron

Banned
One reason I'm considering getting mine sprayed red or WRB. I'm leaning away from black at this point. Was briefly considering gunmetal, but...

Remember when I suggested a red of some sort, or white? And now you are considering one of the colors I advised, despite being "wrong". lol!

I miss my Sedona Red Pearl WRX (2002) That color was gorgeous, relatively rare, and factory. It would go from burgundy almost orange, very cool color. My .02

Enron

Banned
This colour gets my vote

Would look nice and sleeper-ish with a set of stock rims. Though you are doing a brake upgrade, so stock rims likely aren't an option.

That is an excellent color, although I don't think bomb's interior will match the exterior color well.

Circle T

Yes, its so not-loud and so goddamned subaru's color that EVERY wannabe with a non-STi wrx-done-to-look-like-an-STi paints his this color, and every actual STi driver gets theirs in this color, but do you ever see any other subarus in Rally blue? Ever see a legacy or outback or whatnot done up like this? Hardly ever. Nope, just racerguy STis and fake STis. I'm sorry. It's boyish. It's loud. It screams for attention. Yuck. You don't have to paint it silver or grey or whatever boring overused color, but you also don't have to make it look like a box of crayola either.

That's because WRB is a Subaru "Performance Model" color. It is only used on their sporty cars. Other than the WRX/STi, it has only been used on the Forester XT/STi and the BRZ, as far as I know. It's the same reason Phoenix Yellow is only offered on BMW M3s, and not a 535i. Or Solar Yellow on an Audi TT, and not an A6. This is nothing new. Sporty cars throughout history have always had unique, flashy colors. Bright blue Shelby Mustangs, Plum Crazy Mopars, Mystic Cobras, Yellow Integra Type-Rs, etc. It's just one more thing separating them from the basic models that most of those cars are related to.

Enron

Banned
That's because WRB is a Subaru "Performance Model" color. It is only used on their sporty cars. Other than the WRX/STi, it has only been used on the Forester XT/STi and the BRZ, as far as I know. It's the same reason Phoenix Yellow is only offered on BMW M3s, and not a 535i. Or Solar Yellow on an Audi TT, and not an A6. This is nothing new. Sporty cars throughout history have always had unique, flashy colors. Bright blue Shelby Mustangs, Plum Crazy Mopars, Mystic Cobras, Yellow Integra Type-Rs, etc. It's just one more thing separating them from the basic models that most of those cars are related to.

Which is fine, because that just reinforces that the color begs for attention. It's still obnoxious. Pick something classy.

Circle T

Which is fine, because that just reinforces that the color begs for attention. It's still obnoxious. Pick something classy.

I get that you don' t like the color, but unclassy? It's blue. It isn't like these cars are neon green. Plenty of other cars have colors that are quite similar to WRB. This is hardly a color that defiantly stands out.

TylerD

You want to talk beg for attention? I saw a burnt orange Cobalt SS with fucking hot pink rims yesterday on the highway.

It was appalling.

I miss my Sedona Red Pearl WRX (2002) That color was gorgeous, relatively rare, and factory. It would go from burgundy almost orange, very cool color. My .02

I would vote for this or a nice red also. I almost never see red WRX/STis and every time I do I always think it looks great. Seems to be a fairly rare color for those cars.

Oh man, you're going to LOVE my next car...

HAHA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom