• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been driving a boring (but very utilitarian) automatic economy car for the last 6 years. It was handed down to me from new so it hasn't made sense to get rid of it.

However, it now looks like I'll be in the same city for at least 4 years (which is rare for me), so I'm finally getting the miata I always wanted but couldn't justify. Most likely an NA, 1.8L hopefully. If I had the money I would get an NB but I think an NA is more realistic.

I'm more or less waiting for fall/winter to roll around so I can score a good deal. So damn excited. I may have to ask some questions of NA/NB owners, as I'm sure there are some around GAF.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Miniboss_drifting.gif

The little girl flinging her hands up in the air like she doesn't care is what clinches it.

aznpxdd

OKAY...really really finally going to pick up my Alpine White X1 tomorrow morning, super excited!

I've already got LUX H8 Angel Eyes, H&R Springs, Wheels, Matte/Gloss black vinyl (to black out all exterior chrome), Black mirror caps, CF BMW/Black X1 badges ready to put on the car!!

ascii42

Thanks to the magic of the GAF ads, I now know that there's a dealership in America's Heartland with a Ferrari F40 for sale. Can anyone spare me $624,500? Looks like a bargain.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...tingId=89325423&aff=collectv&BAC=COLpdB728dyb

Only 7,427 miles, tempting... and so is this:
Al Capone's 1928 Cadillac. It eventually went on to be used to transport FDR after Pearl Harbor. That's probably when it was painted green. Estimated to sell for $300,000 to $500,000. The 3,000 lbs of armor plating was removed, but it's still got the bulletproof glass, and the rear window flips down so you can shoot at chasing cars.
http://www.rmauctions.com/CarDetails.cfm?SaleCode=SJ12&CarID=r114
VX3xj.jpg

A time when car trunks where literal trunks.
ZVIYA.jpg

N-Bomb

OKAY...really really finally going to pick up my Alpine White X1 tomorrow morning, super excited!

I've already got LUX H8 Angel Eyes, H&R Springs, Wheels, Matte/Gloss black vinyl (to black out all exterior chrome), Black mirror caps, CF BMW/Black X1 badges ready to put on the car!!

I... don't understand the point of the X series as a whole, and the X1 in particular. It's kind of small, odd-looking and not very capable at anything. You'll probably get one made in Mexico.

Seems to me that a 125i F20 would be a better choice (not that I'm a fan of BMWs either, but still)

I should add - I don't mean to be an ass, but crossovers are just so ridiculous to me.

ascii42

I... don't understand the point of the X series as a whole, and the X1 in particular. It's kind of small, odd-looking and not very capable at anything. You'll probably get one made in Mexico.

Seems to me that a 125i F20 would be a better choice (not that I'm a fan of BMWs either, but still)

I guess if you want a crossover, it might as well be one that's RWD (though the next one will be based on the FWD Mini Countryman platform). There aren't too many of those. Normally I go for sedans, but last summer my family rented a GMC Acadia for a trip to North Carolina, and I have to say I enjoyed the higher driving position offered by the crossover.

N-Bomb

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/07/12/next-nissan-z-will-be-smaller-lighter/

Nissan is reportedly hard at work on its next-generation Z. According to Inside Line, designers are already churning away on a concept version of the 2015 Z that may bow at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. The report notes that Shiro Nakamura, head of design for Nissan, says the new Z will be both smaller and lighter than the current 370Z.

The model will also be geared toward a wider audience, and Nissan may be investigating the possibility of ditching the tried-and-true 3.7-liter VQ V6 for a turbocharged four-cylinder, a move that would almost certainly help fuel efficiency. The current Z is saddled with a lackluster 26 mpg highway, and strong early sales of cars like the Scion FR-S certainly indicate certain buyers are willing to drop a few ponies for a machine that's engaging to drive and at least somewhat fuel efficient.

I enthusiastically support this! However I'd stick with a 6, maybe a small one like a 2.6L turbo.

Does he have a family/kids, etc and/or is he over 40?

If so, then yea - the WRX or MS3 are the easy choices. If not, fuck utility and get the BRZ/FR-S - I daily drive a coupe and wouldn't have it any other way. There's plenty of time to drive practical stuff later - if he waits until he's older to buy a sports car, he runs the risk of looking like 'old Corvette guy'.

No kids yet, but newly married and no he's under 30. He considers the lack of utility a really huge negative coz of the future. But we'll have to see though, we're probably gonna test drive one of the twins sometime in the future and if I can perfectly sit in the back and not feel cramped, then he'll have a harder time to choose lol.

opticalmace said:
I'm finally getting the miata I always wanted but couldn't justify. Most likely an NA, 1.8L hopefully. If I had the money I would get an NB but I think an NA is more realistic.

Yes! As a Miata owner myself, I approve of your decision especially on the NA Miata's. I kinda wish I bought an NA Miata instead of the NC that I have but I'm not complaining. I love my NC and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

With this news of Nissan downsizing the Z, I guess this means they won't be relaunching the Silvia series?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Nissan isn't downsizing the Z. Inside Line has the worst sources. Nissan is working on a BRZ-FRS competitor that'll be smaller and lighter than the Z with a 4-cylinder turbo motor. This is something they've been talking about for a few years now.

The Z will remain with a larger, and very possibly force inducted motor, because they need to remain competitive with a number of powerful sport coupes on the market. The rumor is the new Z motor will be co-developed by AMG.

n0n44m

picked up dad's/family's new car this weekend

our '09 Mazda 6 diesel died (injectors) and leasing company wanted to sell it instead of fix it. Apparently we weren't the only ones with Mazda issues because the Mazda 6 had been taken out of their online-car-selection-tool lol

so first we temporary got some fully loaded Skoda Superb (aka Tour de France car/Taxi cab) 170 hp 2.0 Diesel with DSG gearbox and leather and everything ... damn fine car I have to admit and the dual clutch gearbox is really smooth, especially with that much torque ;) . Unfortunately the gearbox was slightly noisy as well at certain speeds.

so now our new ride; Peugeot 508 HYbrid4 , which is a 160 hp 2.0 turbodiesel with an additional 40 hp electric motor on the rear wheels ^^ the gearbox is a robot-box or whatever it's called 6 speed semi-automatic. Basically a DSG 6 speed but with only a single clutch. Still pretty smooth thanks to the electric motor driving the back wheels during shifts.

never drove a Hybrid before, but I got to admit I like it more than I thought I would. (especially because I really really wanted the new BMW 320D Efficient Dynamics which was now similarly priced as the old Mazda 6 :p )

Accelerates on both diesel and electric, then drives fully electric up to 65 km/h. Lifting throttle = braking on the alternator thus generating new energy for the batteries.

There is some fake-ish 4WD mode available for snow or to force battery charging, a ZEV mode for fully electric driving in the city, and (sigh of relief) a Sports mode; this makes the car twice as dynamic compared to the regular ("auto") mode as it now uses the electric motor for extra acceleration and shifts at much higher revs for the diesel engine. There are also "Porsche" style paddle shifters behind the wheel for shifting manually, but you don't have a rev counter for the diesel engine so it is kinda awkward at first :p

In auto mode it is a very comfortable cruiser, and in sports mode it has plenty of power available for overtaking, especially below 120 km/h as that's where the electric motor helps out the most. All in all a really nice car, especially since the base model has half-leather seats, quad zone climate control, xenon lights, keyless entry and a lot more. Basically all that's missing are front parking sensors (rear are standard) which we missed out on due to some ordering mix-ups.

Not sure it can compete with similar priced BMWs or Audi's in the other euro countries, but in the Netherlands it is eligible for some special fiscal category due to its low emissions (total bullshit when you compare highway MPG but whatever) which makes it literally 2/3 to 1/2 as cheap to lease compared to less (!) equipped German cars ... so you'd be pretty crazy not to get this car as the only others in this fiscal category are Polo/Focus type cars. Dealership said they had already sold 180 of these to leasing companies in the past two months :D

only con is that it doesn't have much space in the trunk; the floor is pretty high there due to the batteries and the motor ;)

Nissan isn't downsizing the Z. Inside Line has the worst sources. Nissan is working on a BRZ-FRS competitor that'll be smaller and lighter than the Z with a 4-cylinder turbo motor. This is something they've been talking about for a few years now.

The Z will remain with a larger, and very possibly force inducted motor, because they need to remain competitive with a number of powerful sport coupes on the market. The rumor is the new Z motor will be co-developed by AMG.

I've never been really impressed with the Z. I think it would be a lot smarter for them to do a cheaper model of the Z with an i4 and offer a premium Z with the higher output engine. Kind of like what Ford and Hyundai do with their sports cars.

Also, they need to get rid of the Sentra.

AlphaSnake

I've never been really impressed with the Z. I think it would be a lot smarter for them to do a cheaper model of the Z with an i4 and offer a premium Z with the higher output engine. Kind of like what Ford and Hyundai do with their sports cars.

Also, they need to get rid of the Sentra.

I've never been impressed by you.
I don't actually know who you are. But seriously, drive the car before stating if you're impressed or not. Or at least explain what doesn't impress you. Don't make baseless impressions.

The cheaper model sports cars for Nissan were the Silvias/SXs. Why would they destroy the heritage of the Z by offering it in a lower guise? The Z has always had a distinct exclusivity to it that fans appreciated a lot - Nissan got a lot of shit for releasing a 4-seater 300ZX, a naturally aspirated 300ZX, and a twin-turbo 300ZX simultaneously, it diluted the image of the car. The 350Z brought back the history of the Z having 1 motor, and 1 physical configuration - RWD, one powerful 6-cylinder, two seats. The 370Z continued this.

A 4-cylinder Z would not be a Z. It would be a Silvia or S-car. And Nissan has no reason to get rid of the Sentra, someone needs to brush up on their Biz 101 - there is a considerable market for it. It still competes against the Civic, the Elantra, Corolla, and so forth. Just because Nissan has the cheaper Versa, doesn't make them the same type of car - they are in two completely different segments.

I wish Nissan would bring back the Silvia line. They could place it in competition with the BRZ-FRS.

I also agree not to mess withe the Fairlady line. Keep it as it is and release a smaller S model.

No kids yet, but newly married and no he's under 30. He considers the lack of utility a really huge negative coz of the future. But we'll have to see though, we're probably gonna test drive one of the twins sometime in the future and if I can perfectly sit in the back and not feel cramped, then he'll have a harder time to choose lol.

Yes! As a Miata owner myself, I approve of your decision especially on the NA Miata's. I kinda wish I bought an NA Miata instead of the NC that I have but I'm not complaining. I love my NC and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

With this news of Nissan downsizing the Z, I guess this means they won't be relaunching the Silvia series?

Really, how come?

I did test drive an NB and an NC a year or so back. The NB felt a little more old school, and I felt like I had better road feel in it.

Though, they were really quick test drives.

Enron

Banned
our '09 Mazda 6 diesel died (injectors) and leasing company wanted to sell it instead of fix it. Apparently we weren't the only ones with Mazda issues because the Mazda 6 had been taken out of their online-car-selection-tool lol

A Mazda 6 with issues? No way.

Really, how come?

I did test drive an NB and an NC a year or so back. The NB felt a little more old school, and I felt like I had better road feel in it.

Though, they were really quick test drives.

That's part of it. That's not to say the NC has terrible road feel, I think it has to do with all the driver nannies available to it. I drove a 2012 model a while back with every nanny on and it felt good but I didn't feel like I was gonna lose control of the car, nor did I feel that I was pushing the car to the limit. A week after that test drive I picked up my NC used, a 2006 model and the only driver nanny in there was ABS and the car is much much more alive without all the driver aids. I could actually feel the rear start to slip in certain moments, and I'm actually able to push it to the limit(as far as street driving that is) and feel very satisfied.

Other than that, the NA has a really huge aftermarket support since the NA/NB are practically the same hence parts interchangeability between the two, it's a lot lighter than the NC, and it also looks better than the NC. It just looks more simple and more of a sports car than the NC that looks like a grand tourer. But in all honesty, it doesn't really matter what generation you get, all 3 cars are pretty much the same for the most part.

Anyway, as a fan of Z's I really hope Nissan doesn't do anything to it. Keep it fat, bulky, whatever, I'll still probably buy one whenever I get the chance... or the 4 seat coupe from Infiniti lol. It also would be nice if Nissan releases the Silvia's again. The car industry has seen how successful the Toyobaru twins are, Mazda is about to respond with the new Miata that's being co-developed with Alfa and only Nissan and Honda are being left behind. It'd be great if we could see a revival of the old lightweight sports cars from the past, gives me more options to buy haha.

N-Bomb

The cheaper model sports cars for Nissan were the Silvias/SXs. Why would they destroy the heritage of the Z by offering it in a lower guise? The Z has always had a distinct exclusivity to it that fans appreciated a lot - Nissan got a lot of shit for releasing a 4-seater 300ZX, a naturally aspirated 300ZX, and a twin-turbo 300ZX simultaneously, it diluted the image of the car. The 350Z brought back the history of the Z having 1 motor, and 1 physical configuration - RWD, one powerful 6-cylinder, two seats. The 370Z continued this.

One might argue that they already destroyed it - multiple times. With the 280ZX, with the 300ZX, with the 350Z. And the 300 wasn't the first 2+2 version - they had extended versions as far back as the 260, IIRC, and multiple engines as far back as the ZX. One might argue that those were pure-er for not sharing a platform with an uglymobile luxobloat and sedan.

Let's not forget that the engine was originally a 2.4L in-line 6 in a car under 2500lbs. It was traditionally more of a sports coupe than a GT.

A 4-cylinder Z would not be a Z. It would be a Silvia or S-car. And Nissan has no reason to get rid of the Sentra, someone needs to brush up on their Biz 101 - there is a considerable market for it. It still competes against the Civic, the Elantra, Corolla, and so forth. Just because Nissan has the cheaper Versa, doesn't make them the same type of car - they are in two completely different segments.

I'd agree that it should stay a 6, as I said before. No problems with the Sentra existing. It does make far more sense for them to bring back the SX/Silvia, as those were always 4/Turbo already. Seems like perfect competition for the Toyobaru.

aznpxdd

I should add - I don't mean to be an ass, but crossovers are just so ridiculous to me.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't get the X1 if I was anywhere else. But I wanted a smallish SUV that not TOO high off the ground. Some of the roads here in China are terrible when I have to go visit factories in more rural areas. Plus, having a vehicle that is higher off the ground is just more convenient due to some of the driving habits here. And FYI, the one I bought is imported from Germany.

If I were to get a smaller hatchback, I would be too tempted to drop it. And I would probably destroy the car's front bumper here less than a month.

N-Bomb

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't get the X1 if I was anywhere else. But I wanted a smallish SUV that not TOO high off the ground. Some of the roads here in China are terrible when I have to go visit factories in more rural areas. Plus, having a vehicle that is higher off the ground is just more convenient due to some of the driving habits here. And FYI, the one I bought is imported from Germany.

If I were to get a smaller hatchback, I would be too tempted to drop it. And I would probably destroy the car's front bumper here less than a month.

Ah, had no idea you were in China. I assume that there, you'd get looked down upon for driving something like a CR-V or Outback or such?

aznpxdd

Ah, had no idea you were in China. I assume that there, you'd get looked down upon for driving something like a CR-V or Outback or such?

Well, I don't think they get look down on, but they definitely really really care about their brands here. I've seen some real ridiculous stuff here.

Anyways, here are the pics! (yes I used instagram, I'm so sorry)

Can't wait to put on all the mods soon!

7560331178_4ab9483f22.jpg

7560330842_598d414408.jpg

Zyzyxxz

People spend the same amount of money on a house as a car over there. It's a sign showing how ridiculous taxes are on imports to encourage people to buy locally produced shit cars.

TylerD

I was disappointed to find out that there isn't a X1 extended version for China yet. I heard recently that they will be making extended versions of 3 series and just figured why not have an extended version for every BMW?

ascii42

I was disappointed to find out that there isn't a X1 extended version for China yet. I heard recently that they will be making extended versions of 3 series and just figured why not have an extended version for every BMW?

Definitely, I want a stretched 1-series M.

Well, I don't think they get look down on, but they definitely really really care about their brands here. I've seen some real ridiculous stuff here.

Anyways, here are the pics! (yes I used instagram, I'm so sorry)

Can't wait to put on all the mods soon!

7560331178_4ab9483f22.jpg

7560330842_598d414408.jpg

congratulations. :) can't wait to see the pics with the mods on!

ameratsu

Came very close to buying a 2002 Mazda Protege 2.0 ES for a daily driver. Car was super clean, 34k miles (56k kilometers), 5spd, black on grey interior, 2 sets of wheels and tires (summer/winter). A clean interior is a big hangup for me when buying a used car but this car was seriously mint inside. Biggest issue I found was the start of some rust at the bottom of the doors which would have to be fixed.

He was asking $6750, which was too much, even for my local car market. I offered 6, he declined, and said 6500 was the lowest he wanted to go. I walked away.

If it's still for sale in a few weeks, I am going to try my offer again.

N-Bomb

Came very close to buying a 2002 Mazda Protege 2.0 ES for a daily driver. Car was super clean, 34k miles (56k kilometers), 5spd, black on grey interior, 2 sets of wheels and tires (summer/winter). A clean interior is a big hangup for me when buying a used car but this car was seriously mint inside. Biggest issue I found was the start of some rust at the bottom of the doors which would have to be fixed.

That's common on older cars when the drip rails get clogged and trap water in the bottom of the door. My Celica was starting that on the driver's side.

No matter how clean the interior seems, remember that there's always feces in there. ;)

--------------

You buy eet!

25651009419.321519824.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

1990 BMW M3 Coupe $23,995

I've never been impressed by you.
I don't actually know who you are. But seriously, drive the car before stating if you're impressed or not. Or at least explain what doesn't impress you. Don't make baseless impressions.
My problem with the Z is that I feel it's too course. It's rough, and has a hell of a lot of wind noise and you can't see out of the rear of the car and the interior isn't all that great for the price. I prefer the Infinity G, as it is a little bit more refined and has a better interior.

It's still a great car and all but I wouldn't buy it.

My problem with the Sentra is that it seem a little bloated for it's price and the Altima is just a few thousand more, so why bother even getting the Sentra. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger without many improvements.

AlphaSnake

My problem with the Z is that I feel it's too course. It's rough, and has a hell of a lot of wind noise and you can't see out of the rear of the car and the interior isn't all that great for the price. I prefer the Infinity G, as it is a little bit more refined and has a better interior.

It's still a great car and all but I wouldn't buy it.

My problem with the Sentra is that it seem a little bloated for it's price and the Altima is just a few thousand more, so why bother even getting the Sentra. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger without many improvements.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. So I won't even get into it with you.

wut? I've heard the same complaints from many reviews.

"While critics agree that the Nissan 370Z offers thrilling performance, it’s not the most refined. Some mention engine vibrations in the upper rpms, road noise and rearward visibility issues. The Z’s two-seat cockpit and small cargo bay also mean it lacks the practicality of larger sports cars like the Dodge Challenger."
Source

"As fast as the Nissan went, we found the VQ to be overly harsh and buzzy."

"The 370Z was like driving a fist. Brutal, mean, unapologetic and somehow mindless."
Source

"While the 370Z has a lot of strong points, it has a few notable shortcomings. For one thing, the 3.7-liter V6 sounds coarse and almost trucklike when pushed hard and lacks the pleasing exhaust note you'd expect from a car like this. The coupe's interior is also downright loud, especially with the optional Sport package's 19-inch wheels and tires, a condition that becomes tedious on longer drives."
Source

"The view rearward is nearly nonexistent, between the wide C-pillars and mail slot of a rear window. Even with a rearview camera backing out of parking spaces proves a dicey proposition."

"Road noise remains a Z weakness, with a hum and/or roar emanating from the rear tires on concrete road surfaces. Ride quality, on the other hand, is much improved over the 350Z early in its run. While the suspension is certainly firm, it takes the edge off road imperfections and no longer tortures the car’s occupants. Evenly spaced expansion joints at highway speeds can provoke rhythmic bouncing, but the amplitude is much less (and so much less likely to induce nausea) than before."
Source

AlphaSnake

Again, I'm not getting into it with you. You've never driven one. You have no idea. I drive one every day. This is all I will tell you...

The engine isn't harsh, that's all bullshit. The rear visibility is actually extremely good (I back my car into a narrow reserved space at my office + a narrow garage at my house) without any trouble, and I don't have a backup camera. The interior's fit and finish on a loaded model with Navigation is superb, looks and feels fantastic and not a rattle to be heard. Road noise is just a simple tire change to a set of Michelins like mine.

You can harp on the bad, but none of that "bad" is remotely dealbreaking or unbearable. Just a lot of excuse making for people to dislike the car.

And the fact that one of your sources calls a Dodge Challenger a sports car is astoundingly idiotic.

I have driven one, an auto but still.

I'm just saying it's not my type of a car. Opinions man, we can have different ones. It's all right, you won't hurt my feelings.

AlphaSnake

If you didn't drive a fully loaded, Sports + Navi 6-speed, you didn't drive a 370Z. That's just my opinion. If the interior didn't look that nice with the navigation/tech package, I'd have never bought the 370Z especially after growing to hate how ugly my old 350Z's interior was.

ascii42

If you didn't drive a fully loaded, Sports + Navi 6-speed, you didn't drive a 370Z. That's just my opinion. If the interior didn't look that nice with the navigation/tech package, I'd have never bought the 370Z especially after growing to hate how ugly my old 350Z's interior was.

Those are pushing $40k these days. Granted, so is a basic G37. I personally don't feel that you should have to drive a fully loaded version of a sports car to be considered to have driven it. But you're certainly more of the expert than I am. Fair point on the manual, though.

I can't get enough of the Monkey's reviews, and it looks as though there's more to come with the Huayra as well:

We’re going to do something more extensive with the car later in the year, so this was a first drive on some quite tight roads. You will see that the Huayra left quite an impression.

Nothing will ever top the full-on banshee wail of the Zonda's M120 motor, but the Huayra definitely has one of the liveliest, most exciting turbocharged soundtracks I've heard in a long while. I love how the car has a completely different character than its predecessor-- you can't improve on perfection.

Between the Huayra, the Zonda R Evo, and those insane Zonda 760 commissions, Pagani is absolutely on fire lately. As far as I'm concerned, they're the makers of the quintessential hypercars.; everyone else is fighting for second place. [/fanboy]

N-Bomb

If you have to get a navigation thing to have a good interior, something is wrong.

Also, I'd argue that no car that comes with navi can truly be considered a sports car. But we've already had this argument about fatass cars, so we don't need to rehash it here.

AlphaSnake

Those are pushing $40k these days. Granted, so is a basic G37. I personally don't feel that you should have to drive a fully loaded version of a sports car to be considered to have driven it. But you're certainly more of the expert than I am. Fair point on the manual, though.

A base 370Z gets you a totally different interior, heavier/different 18" wheels, narrower and sloppier tires, different seats, different brakes, different differential, and no synchro-rev match.

A fully loaded 370Z gets you precisely the opposite - supple leather, suede accents, gorgeous center console, wonderful navigation that is both touch-screen and dial operated, as well as steering wheel operated, high-res display, hard-drive, solid audio system (surprisingly better than the shittier Bose found in other Nissans), full and true iPod integration, full mobile phone integration (phonebook sync, etc)...really every single feature that is offered on a G37 (it's the same exact unit). Then you get the limited slip diff, the 14-inch 4-piston front and 2-piston rear Akebono brakes, 19" Rays forged lightweight wheels with 275s in the rear, and of course, synchro rev-match.

Take it from someone who never wanted another Z after owning a 350Z - the 370Z base vs. fully loaded is practically not the same car, if you ask me. The experience is just too different from look, feel, and even dynamic.

AlphaSnake

If you have to get a navigation thing to have a good interior, something is wrong.

Also, I'd argue that no car that comes with navi can truly be considered a sports car. But we've already had this argument about fatass cars, so we don't need to rehash it here.

It's more cost effective for Nissan to use an interior that is practically taken out of the Infiniti, minus the gaudy brushed aluminum, as opposed to something else. Have you not see the Scion FRS and Subaru BRZ? The Scion's interior base pales compared to the much nicer Subaru. This is not uncommon. The center console has to be different for the 370Z, because the entire headunit, stereo, air-con, and display aren't related to what the standard models have. On top of that, there's also a hard-drive in there, as well. How is there something wrong with that? Seems to me you haven't seen a lot of cars lately, it isn't uncommon for center consoles to be radically different with such a radical difference in options.

And so you're logic is saying virtually NOT ONE car on the market today is a sports car anymore? Good to know, oh purveyor of the auto world. That's quite some drivel, right there.

I agree on the first part. A navigation doesn't really add anything to the interior.

2nd part. I kinda disagree. Because the nav doesn't add much weight to the car anyways...so why not have it? Plus some cars HUD isn't just navigation....it shows other stuff like oil pressure and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom