• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So I'm probably gonna go test drive some cars with my dad soon.

On the list:

Acura RL (since the RLX isn't out yet)
Audi A6 3.0T
Jaguar XF

Any other suggestions? He might be open to trying a Mercedes or BMW too.

Leave the Acura RL alone. It's a pile of steaming shit.

TylerD

First little mod project for my car: Alcantara shift boot, ebrake boot, and armrest cover to replace the slightly worn grey leather pieces. Had to remove the leather from the plastic trim rings and glue the boots on. Same with the armrest but much more difficult.

First two went really well and turned out great.

foBSWl.jpg

While the armrest looks great it was just not the right size to fit my arm pad. I took pics of the end result to send to Mike at Cobywheel.com showing him my issues and he offered to custom cut, fit, and attach one that fits perfectly and mail it back.

u5EsYl.jpg

I told him I would be cool with him paying for my return shipping cost but he refunded me the whole cost of the cover. He received my armrest today and said that he will be mailing it back out by Monday.

Great guy and I will probably get an alcantara wrapped steering wheel from him in the future.

ow3aZ.jpg

N-Bomb

First little mod project for my car: Alcantara shift boot, ebrake boot, and armrest cover to replace the slightly worn grey leather pieces. Had to remove the leather from the plastic trim rings and glue the boots on. Same with the armrest but much more difficult.

First two went really well and turned out great.

foBSWl.jpg

While the armrest looks great it was just not the right size to fit my arm pad. I took pics of the end result to send to Mike at Cobywheel.com showing him my issues and he offered to custom cut, fit, and attach one that fits perfectly and mail it back.

u5EsYl.jpg

I told him I would be cool with him paying for my return shipping cost but he refunded me the whole cost of the cover. He received my armrest today and said that he will be mailing it back out by Monday.

Great guy and I will probably get an alcantara wrapped steering wheel from him in the future.

ow3aZ.jpg

Really well done. I don't know that I'm sold on alcantara for wheels, but I do love it for many interior surfaces. Let us know how the replacement arm rest goes!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The look of the car has been confirmed for weeks now. In fact, for over a year, because Jalopnik saw the car and had their artists recreate the entire thing 1:1

ascii42

Ehhhhh. I haven't seen it yet, but I loved the C6. Before that, I'd need to go back to the C3 for one I'd own.

I like the C4 ZR-1, but yeah, wouldn't really bother with C4 or C5. I think the only versions I actually would like to have are the C6 and the C1. The original is just so charming.

My grandfather told me about how he actually owned a '53 Corvette for a little while. When he first started working for GM he bought a basic Chevy, maybe a Delray or something. In 1955, his boss complained about how his son was always getting speeding tickets in the thing, so he was looking to get rid of it. My grandfather said he was interested, but he'd have to see what he could get for the Delray. His boss replied that he'd be willing to trade even on it. So, my grandfather managed to trade a basic Chevy for a '53 Corvette, even money. My uncle was born in '56 and my dad in '58, so he couldn't really keep it around, unfortunately.

Ovid

Saw an all-black (no racing stripe) 2013 Mustang GT500 on Glen Cove Road yesterday. That is probably the most intimating vehicle I've ever seen in my life.

Looking in the rear view mirror, with those LED DRL, man, I was contemplating switching lanes just to get out of his way...lol.

VrjRT.jpg

(Couldn't find an exact pic of the car on Google Images)

This summer I plan on getting a Camaro or Mustang. Not sure yes, but most likely a Camaro because I'm not the biggest fan of the new Mustang designs.

When are the new models usually announced? I probably won't buy anything until late summer at which point I'm thinking I should just wait for the 2014 models.

Ovid

This summer I plan on getting a Camaro or Mustang. Not sure yes, but most likely a Camaro because I'm not the biggest fan of the new Mustang designs.

When are the new models usually announced? I probably won't buy anything until late summer at which point I'm thinking I should just wait for the 2014 models.
Never drove the Stag but I did rent the Camaro SS for a few days. Easily one of my favorite cars. Rear visablity sucked balls though. It had backup sensors so that helped a bit.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

Well, I have a 2013 Caramo ZL1. The rear visibility isn't great, but as stated the backup camera and sensors take care of all that. Driving down the road and switching lanes, the sideview mirrors are more than enough. I've never had a problem in ~3600 miles.

On the positive side, the car is amazing to drive. I owned a 2010 Mustang GT before that and can say the Camaro is very different, in a better way. You feel like you're sitting down in the Camaro, where as the Mustang feels like you're sitting on top of it. That probably doesn't make sense, but drive both and you'll see what I mean.

Both are great cars, though. You really can't go wrong either way.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Saw an all-black (no racing stripe) 2013 Mustang GT500 on Glen Cove Road yesterday. That is probably the most intimating vehicle I've ever seen in my life.

Looking in the rear view mirror, with those LED DRL, man, I was contemplating switching lanes just to get out of his way...lol.

VrjRT.jpg

(Couldn't find an exact pic of the car on Google Images)

I don't like mustangs but that shit is just awesome.

N-Bomb

thinking about getting this lip

3d-design-bmw-f31-3-series-1.jpg

I don't like the headlight-cross-grille thing these ones have going, but that's not a horrible lip as things go.

Sidebar: Man did it feel good to go out and use my car like it was meant to be, rather than just babying it and commuting. Thrashed it a little bit, got it dirty, overcooked some turns... teehee! 6 hours of footage to edit through, now!

Had to spend some time at the coin-op today...

b36174305d1911e2a8b922000a1f8ac2_7.jpg

This was an earlier rendering it turns out:

-Infiniti-G-ILLUSTRATION-474x316-01507e808ab8ac0b.jpg

I prefer the rendering.

Q50 photos:

q502.jpg

They went for the organic, muscular look but then went very straight edged at the fog light cluster -- throws off the whole design.

Profile has a bit of 3-series in it:

q504.jpg

TCRS

Banned
Too many cars look too similar nowadays. They are either running out of ideas, keep hiring staff from their competitors or the similar designs are due to legislation.

Forsete

I have seriously considered buying a Lada Niva for a winter car. :p

I think it would make an excellent winter car. :p
I have seen a few around town, they are getting more and more popular since Lada Sweden was established.
They are 17767USD brand new, about 400USD per year in tax.

4x4
Petrol
4 cylinder 1690 cm3
80 Nm @ 5400 RPM
133 HP @ 3200 RPM
City driving 10.6 l/100 km
Highway 8.6 l/100km
5 gears
Max speed 140 km/h

N-Bomb

New Infiniti Q50 Leaked in full. Love the interior!

http://www.wotauto.com/2013/01/13/infiniti-q50-images-revealed/

Infiniti-Q50_01.jpg

Man, that hood and front end are ALL WRONG. I think they nailed the 'organic' bit, but I dunno if I'd agree w/ 'muscular'. It more reminds me of this:

8001105106798.jpg

I have seen a few around town, they are getting more and more popular since Lada Sweden was established.

You could do far worse. We almost did that for Europe, as a winter/mountain vehicle. Solid little things!

Forsete

You could do far worse. We almost did that for Europe, as a winter/mountain vehicle. Solid little things!

My Golf is a champ in the snow, but it is so low and I cant always see where the road goes when the snowplows have been lazy. I need something with a little more space underneath the car so it wont hurt if I hit the curb. :p

Fifth gear (I think it was) liked it, and I recently saw one on TV doing off road things. It can handle a lot, surprised me actually.
But I'll have to wait, this country is going down the drain in terms of employment so I better save that cash for a rainy day. :/

Cherokee looks great.

Q50's rear is a gargantuan improvement over the piss ugly G, but the front is still just as stupid. Interior looks nice too though.

The Lincoln Crossover also looks great.

They are 17767USD brand new, about 400USD per year in tax.

4x4
Petrol
4 cylinder 1690 cm3
80 Nm @ 5400 RPM
133 HP @ 3200 RPM
City driving 10.6 l/100 km
Highway 8.6 l/100km
5 gears
Max speed 140 km/h

The worst thing with Ladas is their transimission really. The clutch is very hard. Other than that they're OK and not only they go off road, you aren't afraid to take them off road, unlike most luxury SUVs.

ascii42

I don't like the side vents, but really there's nothing I can complain about. Looks a bit like the child of a c6 and an Evora.

Would.

Edit: Check that. Not a fan of the rear end (don't like huge diffusers), but for the rest, I can deal.

Yeah, the vents are weird, but they are functional, so can't really complain.

I miss the round taillights already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom