• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Dreams-Visions said:
oh, just the regular XR. XKR is more than I'd want to spend right now.

RE: 911 - I'm kinda frustrated that I Porsche doesn't offer that sweet-ass Turbo spoiler on the regular Carrera, 4, or 4S. I honestly am not a fan of the back of a Porsche without that spoiler.

*grumbles*

As for the Jag, I really like the look of the car so I hate to say it...but it screams "wanna-be Aston Martin". :-( Is it too similar in body styling to the AM, or is it just my imagination?

Ian Callum is the designer of both cars, he intentionally made the Jag look like his Astons.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dreams-Visions said:
oh, just the regular XR. XKR is more than I'd want to spend right now.
Ah.
RE: 911 - I'm kinda frustrated that I Porsche doesn't offer that sweet-ass Turbo spoiler on the regular Carrera, 4, or 4S. I honestly am not a fan of the back of a Porsche without that spoiler.
*grumbles*
Go after market?
As for the Jag, I really like the look of the car so I hate to say it...but it screams "wanna-be Aston Martin". :-( Is it too similar in body styling to the AM, or is it just my imagination?
Considering they were under the same Ford umbrella for nearly a decade, their styling similarities are not a coincidence.

AlphaSnake said:
Ian Callum is the designer of both cars, he intentionally made the Jag look like his Astons.
well if that was the goal, he did a damn fine job. lol. if someone slapped an Aston badge on the grille and told me it was an AM, I would have believed them.

reilo said:
Go after market?
the salesman mentioned this, but didn't really have any details. I did some searching online but couldn't find anything in the 30 minutes or so I looked. I'll have to see what they look like next time I'm there.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:
His brother also was lead designer for Mazda from 2001 until 2006. It all makes so much sense.

AlphaSnake

reilo said:
I must test-drive both then!

As far as Jaguars go, I'm not too in love with the "droopy eyes" look of the front end, especially when compared to the hotness to the XFR...

112_0901_05z+2010_Jaguar_XFR+front_view.jpg

Jaguar redesigned the car for 2012 update:

6a00d83451b3c669e201538e09da2b970b-pi

Basically made it look exactly like the concept did.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:
Jaguar redesigned the car for 2012 update:

http://blogs.cars.com/.a/6a00d83451b3c669e201538e09da2b970b-pi[/IMG

Basically made it look exactly like the concept did.[/QUOTE]
I think I liked the bottom part of the bumper a little bit better from the outgoing design. Either way, they didn't ruin the design. This is what Acura should have done with the TSX and TL.

AlphaSnake

Dreams-Visions said:
well if that was the goal, he did a damn fine job. lol. if someone slapped an Aston badge on the grille and told me it was an AM, I would have believed them.

Historically, Astons and Jags have always been related in some form. Before Callum started penning their coupes, the previous generation Jaguar XK coupes shared DNA with Astons - the cars rode on the same platform, which itself was an ancient Jaguar platform that started life with the XJS in the 70s.

Zyzyxxz

After test driving the Kia Optima and seeing it driving past me in recent times I think I'm going for the Hybrid model for sure as my next car.

Gas is just too expensive for me even with my moderately short commute.

Also this car looks so nice in person from behind as well:
2011-Kia-Optima-8.jpg

I know, not exciting but my dream of owning a Datsun 510 is being put on the back burner for now.

BoobPhysics101 said:
The IS300 has ok torque that's negated because it's way too heavy. The IS300 is not a good car to mod for handling because of its weight, among other things. It's just not enjoyable to drive, especially because you'll most likely end up with an automatic due to the 5 speed being so rare.

The IS300 only dynos 165-175 whp. For comparison, a TSX dynos about 180-185 whp. Also, it has tighter gearing than the IS300 and only about 20 whp less torque compared to the IS300's 6 cylinder, so it'll feel equally torque-y around town, maybe even better. It'll also handle really well, especially for a FWD sedan. The TSX is basically a four door RSX Type S, and the suspension is pretty well done. A TSX with a Hondata reflash will make more power than an IS300 with most bolt-ons if you want a mod-for-mod power comparison.

I really can't recommend the IS300 at all. If you gotta have a 6 cylinder, also check out the 04-08 Acura TL. It's like a bigger, more luxurious version of the TSX but with a lot more torque. It's a fun car in a 6 speed, just like the TSX.

If you've gotta have RWD, you've got a few choices but what's your budget? That determines everything.

No more than $15k.

r - b - x said:
is300 defense force to the resuce!

i've liked them since they came out and i still like 'em. the chassis should be fairly capable as there've been several high profile builds in motorsports.
+ rwd
+ not german and its associated mechanical baggage
- don't expect rocket performance outta the box.
- e46 330 bmw is really the more logical, rational choice for performance sedan, as its direct competitor

just go with what you feel. in that segment i'd go with the is300 as well, just because i don't want to get lost in a sea of 3 serieses. they're are like rats in this city.

I feel you on the lost in a sea of 3-series'. I feel the same way about G35s. All of my ex-Maxima friends have them now. I'd feel like a fool to own one, plus im not so crazy about the interior.

I've followed the IS300 since it hit American shores, big fan of it. I bought the Maxima because I got a killer deal on it. ($9750 w/ 75k miles in 2002 for a GLE thats fully loaded)

tarius1210 said:
The tC had a TRD supercharger.

The supercharged TRD TC performs worse than a bone stock 06+ Civic Si. Tuner fail?

Iron_Scimitar said:
No more than $15k.

You can get a really nice 04-06 TL 6 speed or 04-07 TSX for $15k or so. Both of those cars run circles around the IS300 in every single category. Even the TL gets much better gas mileage.

But... FWD.

If you want RWD, get an 05-06 Pontiac GTO. It's technically a Holden Commodore, so it's much higher quality than other Pontiacs in terms of build and interior trim. LS1 engine in the '04, +50 hp (400 bhp) in the LS2 equipped 05-06. Comfortable, gobs of torque and relatively good gas mileage (better than an IS300). Cheap to mod too. LS2 engine is a beast. Comes in auto and stick. Easy to work on and relatively few issues.

Can be had for $14-16k with less than 50k miles (ymmv).

AlphaSnake

Pontiac GTO with the LS2 is an absolutely great car.

Almost had one back in 2007, but the dealer screwed me over and I got my deposit back.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
AlphaSnake said:
Pontiac GTO with the LS2 is an absolutely great car.

Almost had one back in 2007, but the dealer screwed me over and I got my deposit back.

I wanted one for a long while as well. Pretty amazing value as far as raw power goes.

Also, just saw the Ferrari FF...just when I thought Ferrari had decided to stop making ugly cars with the beautiful 458, they put this abomination out. Uglier than the back of a old man's nutsack.

AlphaSnake

siddx said:
I wanted one for a long while as well. Pretty amazing value as far as raw power goes.

Also, just saw the Ferrari FF...just when I thought Ferrari had decided to stop making ugly cars with the beautiful 458, they put this abomination out. Uglier than the back of a old man's nutsack.

Indeed. It is NOT an attractive car at all. All of those niche Shooting Brake types are fucking stupid if they think this look belongs on a Ferrari. Absolutely fucking stupid.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
AlphaSnake said:
Indeed. It is NOT an attractive car at all. All of those niche Shooting Brake types are fucking stupid if they think this look belongs on a Ferrari. Absolutely fucking stupid.

I get where you're coming from, but I LOVE weird cars. And as a huge fan of the Jensen Interceptor, I like the style, period. It's not like they're trying to replace the normal Ferrari swoops with this, so who cares? live and let live.

esXei.jpg

Spottty

Neo Member
Ok, I have to defend the IS300, since I own one.

I love this car, more so than any car I have owned, even my 2001 BMW 540 wagon.
It is a little under powered but it's no slouch. It's still quicker than most cars out there, I have never had a problem passing someone.

As for ride, I bought mine lowered with Eibach springs and tokico adjustable shocks. Handles amazing and still very comfortable to drive (I love in Calgary, there are a ton of pot holes and frost heaves).

Just find a 5 speed and I promise you will be happy. Fun to drive (not sucky FWD) and crazy reliable. That inline 6 will run forever even if you beat the crap out of it. I owned a BMW and will never own another one, the electronics suck!

Ripclawe

Banned
Shopping for a new or newer used car. I am looking at sites like edmunds, truecar, nada and kelly BB. Any one site overall better at helping set a price point I should start with when it comes to getting a car.

or just use all of them and sort of average it out?

AlphaSnake

I wrote this up and just felt like sharing. It's a rant on interiors and the build quality behind them. Over time I've come to really acknowledge the interior of a car as the ultimate selling point. I'm the kind of guy who wants it all out of his cars, with little to no compromise. So I present you this:

I was at the press events of the NY Auto Show yesterday, so as is the usual, you get to walk around and check out all the cars. More recently, I've found myself paying attention more to the interior of a car, as a make-it or break-it point - it has become the X-Factor for me. I saw some truly solid cars, coupes, sedans, etc. Many of them had superb spec sheets with tons of power. And yet, very few I could actually say I'd want to own. Some of these cars I've seen, driven, and sat in before, others I got to check out today. Five years ago, I'd have been much less picky about my wheels - just give me some power, good looks, decent handling, and I'd have been good. But today, I simply refuse to own anything that doesn't please me when I'm inside of it. After all, the interior is where you spend all of your time with the car - it's one thing drivers should not sacrifice. The following is all purely my opinion, so I don't mean to offend or get anyone riled up with these words...

America Still Rising From Its Grave…Not Quite There

For all the advances the Chrysler group has made (and they've made tons) the interior of the Charger is still cheap, made up of a ton of plastics, has creaking and squeaking when certain panels are touched, and just generally something any car savvy consumer will know will develop a ton of rattles every where in a few years time. The Jeep, while beautiful on the outside, and significantly improved on the inside, succumbs to the same critiques. Admittedly, the new Chrysler 300 (especially the leather wrapped Executive trim) minimizes these concerns quite a lot...although the Chrysler 200C is an absolute catastrophe of a car, especially one that can top out at $30K. GM's products fared better, though the newer Buicks and the Cadillac CTS isn't exactly leading the way in interior quality. Likewise, Ford fared better than them all, with the Edge boasting one of the nicer interiors for an SUV in its price-range, easily competing with offerings from luxury marquees, in fact.

The Many Rungs of Luxury

I went from one make to the next. BMW's interiors were boring and rife with bland gray panels on the dash and center consoles. Lexus' and Lincolns scream old-man. Though, Audi and Jaguar truly were fantastic. Some Benzes I found were superb (CLS63 AMG), while others were decent (C-Class Coupe), and others downright pedestrian (new SLK). Porsche Panamera Turbo S and Cayenne Turbo were a clusterf*ck of buttons (I counted 134 total in the Panamera), making the interior feel horribly complicated, distracting, and disoriented.

I stepped into the Infinitis and found myself really impressed with the interior and build quality of the FX35, EX35, M37, and especially the QX56 (despite not being a fan of its gargantuan looks). It really struck me how Infiniti is able to appeal to both the senses (by not overloading with buttons) in addition to maintaining extremely pleasing aesthetics (by not overloading on silly lines and shapes at the center), on top of featuring high quality materials and great plastics that make up the housings of the air-con, navi, and stereo. I previously had a 2005 FX35 and at the time it simply had way too many buttons and the center console was far too bulbous - Infiniti has come a long way.

By and large, it were the Aston Martins that were unquestionably perfect on the inside. I couldn't even knit-pick if I wanted to. I've driven a 2009 V8 Vantage before and I couldn't stop gushing about how fantastic it was to sit inside one, and how incredible everything felt. I got to sit inside the Vantage S, the Virage, the Rapide, and the DBS - every Aston has, more or less, the same interior. Which means that unlike other car makes, where a lower end model gets you a slightly downgraded interior, with an Aston you are getting the very same precision perfect quality from the Vantage to the DBS. You simply never want to leave, it's so perfect inside one.

Surprises on the Inside

Of all the civilian brands, Volkswagen's interiors were easily a cut above the rest. A noticeable lack of hard plastics, with soft materials, solid build quality, and good looks really puts VW above the pack by a wide margin. The other major surprise was the Suzuki Kizashi, not only is it a handsome and bold looking vehicle, but it too boasts a very nice interior for a car in its class. I then started comparing sports cars, clearly the likes of Jaguar and especially Aston Martin trump everything in any price category. But what about the others…?

Best Interiors in a Coupe?

What about the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, Genesis, 370Z, G37, Audi A5/S5, Audi TT, BMW 1-Series (135 & M), BMW M3, BMW Z4, and so forth. Based on aesthetics, materials, and build quality I was able to eliminate the Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, and Genesis almost immediately. The Camaro was the worst offender with the cheapest of cheap everywhere - though it now features a more suitable and solid 3-spoke steering wheel, as opposed to the original, disgustingly gigantic and concave steering wheel. The Challenger, while decent exhibited cheapness around the doors, shifter area, steering wheel buttons had some creaking, and the upper part of the dash wasn't very great. The Genesis, while more aesthetically pleasing suffered the same concern as the American muscle cars - there was the center console made up of squeaky plastics and the not-so-nice feeling doors. Though, to go off on a tangent just a tad…the interior of the Hyundai Veloster was by far one of the very worst I had the displeasure of experiencing. We're talking bargain bin crap - nothing, and I mean nothing about the interior felt remotely good. The quality of the materials was far beyond what I thought cheap could be. Plastic. Everywhere.

Anyways, things started getting a little more tricky. I was able to eliminate the Audi TT, because it's interior, while built well, did feature some unusually plasticky components in the center, and around the doors - and I felt like for a car in this pricing segment, there is no excuse on cheaping out in certain aspects. The Audi A5/S5 left me disappointed for similar reasons as the TT, because while it's aesthetically pleasing and built well, there were some cheap plastics that I came across around the center console. But it was actually the doors that got to me. First, the door handles on the inside felt cheap and were made of plastic. Second, the way the doors opened and closed have always really bothered me - there is way too much rattle! This is simply inexcusable, especially when the S5 starts as a $55K car. So I'm left with the BMWs, the Infiniti, and the Nissan. There is really nothing offensive about the interior of a BMW, though at the same time, you'd be silly to call them as anything more than simple. And herein lies the problem, simple can often feel bland overtime…and the Bimmers simply fail to impress. Yes, they are built well and the quality of materials is high (BMWs are known to be some of the least rattle-prone cars, I've driven a handful of 100K mile BMWs that hardly showed any sign of rattling), but the lack of flash or anything remotely eye grabbing really hurts - and again, when you're spending $40K on a 135, $45k on a 1-Series M, or $60k on an M3…you want something you can always feel happy to look at.

So basically, I'm left with the G37 and 370Z. Mind you, the comparisons here for every car include a nav-screen in the console - otherwise, the ball game changes considerably as the 370Z would be nowhere near the top if it isn't optioned out with the navigation, which includes a center console that is completely different than that of a non-navi car. Anyways, the G37 and 370Z share nearly identical center consoles…with a few small exceptions, one of which being that the 370Z's doesn't have a cheap plastic layer of polished aluminum or fake plastic wood. Seeing as how I have a number of family members with G37 Coupes and Sedans, a few of them have developed squeaks around the center console - and those squeaks seem to be attributed to the plastic covers (other Infinitis do not exhibit this, btw…the wood is actually real). Instead, the 370Z boasts a flat black center console, with well lit controls, no awkward empty spaces, soft materials all around the car, suede all over the doors, suede inserts down the middle of the seats, doors that open and shut with a solid thud, and just an overall interior that's squeak free, creak free, and rattle free. Here's a fun tidbit…Google "370Z Interior Rattle" and Google "350Z Interior Rattle", the discrepancy in results is massive. In fact, there is no known common rattle issues in the 370Z, like there was with the 350Z (Nissan issued numerous service bulletins to dealers on 350Z rattles). For a car that comes out to about $38k MSRP ($44k if you get a fully loaded one), the 370Z seems to be the only car I've come across that actually has an interior that exceeds the value of the car.

I am honestly not saying this because I own one, either. Because think about it: at one point I did not have a 370Z and it wasn't until I car shopped that i was able to reach this conclusion. I shopped, sat, drove, compared, and felt a ton of cars before concluding that the Nissan when fully loaded, is the one with the best overall interior. I had always thought that the S5 had the best interior of any of the cars, and as someone who already owns an Audi and has convinced many others to get one, I thought I'd be best getting the S5. So it's truly incredible the strides Nissan made with the interior of the 370Z…coming from a 350Z, an interior I eventually began to really despise, I vowed that I'd probably never own a Z again. I was wrong.

The Roadster pictured doesn't have suede inserts in the seats, it's a cloth mesh for the cooling of the seats, instead.
F946G.jpg

Spottty said:
Ok, I have to defend the IS300, since I own one.

I love this car, more so than any car I have owned, even my 2001 BMW 540 wagon.
It is a little under powered but it's no slouch. It's still quicker than most cars out there, I have never had a problem passing someone.

As for ride, I bought mine lowered with Eibach springs and tokico adjustable shocks. Handles amazing and still very comfortable to drive (I love in Calgary, there are a ton of pot holes and frost heaves).

Just find a 5 speed and I promise you will be happy. Fun to drive (not sucky FWD) and crazy reliable. That inline 6 will run forever even if you beat the crap out of it. I owned a BMW and will never own another one, the electronics suck!

Agree with everything but the 'it's still quicker than most cars out there.' and 'fun to drive'. 15.5 in the quarter mile is ridiculously slow, especially for a RWD 'sports sedan'. The fact that the Civic Si runs faster quarter miles even with FWD and a 4 cylinder just goes to show you how slow the IS300 is.

It really, really needs boost to become a fun car.

AlphaSnake said:
I wrote this up and just felt like sharing. It's a rant on interiors and the build quality behind them. Over time I've come to really acknowledge the interior of a car as the ultimate selling point. I'm the kind of guy who wants it all out of his cars, with little to no compromise. So I present you this:

The Roadster pictured doesn't have suede inserts in the seats, it's a cloth mesh for the cooling of the seats, instead.

Agreed, 370z is a huge step up from 350z. I have always thought the 350z had a shitty, cheap looking interior.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:
I wrote this up and just felt like sharing.

I was at the press events of the NY Auto Show yesterday, so as is the usual, you get to walk around and check out all the cars. More recently, I've found myself paying attention more to the interior of a car, as a make-it or break-it point - it has become the X-Factor for me. I saw some truly solid cars, coupes, sedans, etc. Many of them had superb spec sheets with tons of power. And yet, very few I could actually say I'd want to own. Some of these cars I've seen, driven, and sat in before, others I got to check out today. Five years ago, I'd have been much less picky about my wheels - just give me some power, good looks, decent handling, and I'd have been good. But today, I simply refuse to own anything that doesn't please me when I'm inside of it. After all, the interior is where you spend all of your time with the car - it's one thing drivers should not sacrifice. The following is all purely my opinion, so I don't mean to offend or get anyone riled up with these words...
Hah. That has been my exact sentiment for a while now. I even had that argument with BoobPhysics and as to why I wouldn't ever buy a new Ford Mustang until they fixed the hideous interior. Glad I'm not the only one with that mindset.

Stinkles

reilo said:
Hah. That has been my exact sentiment for a while now. I even had that argument with BoobPhysics and as to why I wouldn't ever buy a new Ford Mustang until they fixed the hideous interior. Glad I'm not the only one with that mindset.

99% of your experience in a car has to do with the interior. Frankly the difference between a stock Chevy Cobalt and an M3 is MEANINGLESS in normal commutes.

So the interior should always be a primary concern.

reilo

OuterWorldVoice said:
99% of your experience in a car has to do with the interior. Frankly the difference between a stock Chevy Cobalt and an M3 is MEANINGLESS in normal commutes.

Yeah. I appreciate how awesome a new Mustang performs, and yes, I wouldn't notice the interior when doing 100MPH on a drag strip, but what about when I'm driving to the store? Or to work? When you're suddenly stopped at a stoplight or in stop and go traffic, guess what you start to notice? When you start to slow down or you're stopped as your car has hit a certain frequency -- especially if the HVAC is on and you have a loud exhaust and stiffened motor mounts, that's when you hear the rattles from cheap stiff plastic clanging against each other.

Thankfully the only rattles that happen from the interior of my car are some coins in the ashtray that I keep for parking meters.

reilo

OuterWorldVoice said:
Road noise is a big deal to me, but it's actually really hard to measure in a short term road test.
Best way to measure road noise is to get on the highway. The combination of bad/rough pavement and high speeds will make it evident.

Stinkles

reilo said:
Best way to measure road noise is to get on the highway. The combination of bad/rough pavement and high speeds will make it evident.

I always do that, but since it's a relative issue, unless the car is INCREDIBLY loud or INCREDIBLY quiet you can't tell much useful long term data. And the actual road surfaces vary so much that you can't know for sure. We have a stretch of the 520 here paved with a noise dampening surface, for example, and every car is a Bentley on that shit.

Dreams-Visions said:

the salesman mentioned this, but didn't really have any details. I did some searching online but couldn't find anything in the 30 minutes or so I looked. I'll have to see what they look like next time I'm there.
You can find any body panel for any Porsche from the last 30 years in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Hell, you can even buy 996 -> 997 body conversions for a few grand.

Edit: Here's the link: BOINK!

ecnal

tires also have a huge impact on road noise.

had horrible road noise from potenza re070s and continental sport contact 2s (i think); made it sound like i was in a jet fighter if driving faster than 45mph.

switched to michelin ps2s and it was a night and day difference.

Aguirre

You know nothing about road noise until you've driven one of these:

CaM6Y.jpg

(My one complete with plastic chrome grill and stainless steel light shields. Bling, yo.)

5 Cylinder 2.5 Turbo Diesel.

AlphaSnake

BoobPhysics101 said:
Agreed, 370z is a huge step up from 350z. I have always thought the 350z had a shitty, cheap looking interior.

Yeah, you have no idea how terrible a 350Z interior is once you sit in a 370Z. To this day I simply cannot believe the overhaul Nissan made - it's totally worth the additional cost of the car.

mm04

Zyzyxxz said:
After test driving the Kia Optima and seeing it driving past me in recent times I think I'm going for the Hybrid model for sure as my next car.

I know, not exciting but my dream of owning a Datsun 510 is being put on the back burner for now.

I saw one of these on the freeway the other day, looked like it was fresh off the lot and it was a nice shiny black color. I had no idea what it was until I drifted behind it and saw the Optima badge on the rear. I must say, I was impressed with the look of the car. Looked pretty classy. When I became a homeowner, my priorities changed and I would definitely at least consider something like this if I were in the market. Of course, I did just go out and buy a Volvo C30 R-Design, so I'm not. But nice looking car, nonetheless.

Dave Inc. said:
You can find any body panel for any Porsche from the last 30 years in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Hell, you can even buy 996 -> 997 body conversions for a few grand.

Edit: Here's the link: BOINK!
bless you. I feel much better about the Carrera now. For some reason, a naked-back Carrera reminds me of a Beetle or something.

But now...damn...I can't get that Jag out of my head. Time to find a Jaguar dealership and see what they're talking about....

Ovid

reilo said:
I think I liked the bottom part of the bumper a little bit better from the outgoing design. Either way, they didn't ruin the design. This is what Acura should have done with the TSX and TL.
Yes. The TSX looks fine. The 2012 TL is just all wrong. '09 to '11 TL look fine to be but I can see where the hate comes from.

BoobPhysics101 said:
The supercharged TRD TC performs worse than a bone stock 06+ Civic Si. Tuner fail?

Is that a fact? I don't know much about the Civic Si.

reilo said:
You can get a really nice 04-06 TL 6 speed or 04-07 TSX for $15k or so. Both of those cars run circles around the IS300 in every single category. Even the TL gets much better gas mileage.

But... FWD.
Torque steer...too much power to the front wheels causes the car to veer. A Base 3G TL 6-speed runs to 60 faster than the Type-S I believe (mid to high 5's)...yes you read that correctly. Base TL 258hp vs. 286hp Type-S...not a typo.

You can get a 6-Speed 3G TL but they're very difficult to find. If you do find one for $15k it will most likely have high mileage (70,000+). You should also know that at the 100,000 mile mark it is recommended that you change the timing belt. That costs about a grand.

I'm a 3G TL owner :)

tarius1210 said:
Yes. The TSX looks fine. The 2012 TL is just all wrong. '09 to '11 TL look fine to be but I can see where the hate comes from.
I haven't been happy with an Acura exterior design on a car since probably 2004.

Ovid

OuterWorldVoice said:

Your wrong there.

In a normal commute, I don't want to drive in a car with a shitty plastic interior, seats with no cushion, and an engine that has no friggin power :p

Zyzyxxz

mm04 said:
I saw one of these on the freeway the other day, looked like it was fresh off the lot and it was a nice shiny black color. I had no idea what it was until I drifted behind it and saw the Optima badge on the rear. I must say, I was impressed with the look of the car. Looked pretty classy. When I became a homeowner, my priorities changed and I would definitely at least consider something like this if I were in the market. Of course, I did just go out and buy a Volvo C30 R-Design, so I'm not. But nice looking car, nonetheless.

not only does it look nice but it drives great too also base model comes fully loaded at $27K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom