• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Crunched said:
Ah - is that permanent or only for the current game?

Also: am I right in thinking that there are enemies in The Depths that are anthropomorphic vaginas, that shoot massive blood lasers at you?

Yep, complete with the clit instead of a head. (Edmund is a pretty fucked up guy.)

Crunched said:
Ah - is that permanent or only for the current game?

Also: am I right in thinking that there are enemies in The Depths that are anthropomorphic vaginas, that shoot massive blood lasers at you?

It's permanent by the way - it's like you unlocked that feature.

BigAT

Therion said:
Just downloaded the new patch from Steam. Not sure what's in it yet aside from the new control options.
@EdmundMcMillen Edmund McMillen
This update fixes the wall bug and saving issues added more options to controls and other minor fixes

I just beat The Womb for the first time, with Cain. Clearly it was the LASER EYES that did the trick. Having a 1-UP in a game with permadeath makes me feel so much more relaxed.

Salsa

i9v6z9xCHwXz5.PNG

on cheevos

D:

luiztfc

Thanks Salsa, I bought the game after this thread and... HELL YEAH! Awesome game! The only problem is that the Steam version of the OST is MP3 only... guess I'll have to double dip on BandCamp for the FLAC version.

wilflare

luiztfc said:
Thanks Salsa, I bought the game after this thread and... HELL YEAH! Awesome game! The only problem is that the Steam version of the OST is MP3 only... guess I'll have to double dip on BandCamp for the FLAC version.

that's what i did :D

Salsa

what sucks about the achievement bug is that Edmund has no way to troubleshoot it :/ dont know what were gonna do with this one..

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just finished the entire game, all characters unlocked now. Now to do it 8 more times. lol

The final boss is so easy but, lasers and floating shields (flies, meat) really do make all the difference in this game. The 4 _____ are pieces of cake too.

What I learned is past Mom forget more exploring and rush to other bosses. I only had bad experiences exploring the more difficult floors when I could already take out the bosses. Some of those deep normal rooms are much tougher than the boss.

wilflare

xelios said:
Just finished the entire game, all characters unlocked now. Now to do it 8 more times. lol

The final boss is so easy but, lasers and floating shields (flies, meat) really do make all the difference in this game. The 4 _____ are pieces of cake too.

What I learned is past Mom forget more exploring and rush to other bosses. I only had bad experiences exploring the more difficult floors when I could already take out the bosses. Some of those deep normal rooms are much tougher than the boss.

congrats! :D
i keep meeting my doom at cave II :/

tm24

I just ragequit for the first time ever in anything. My first 2 powerups were chocolate milk and bobby and i was tearing through shit once i kept getting dmg powerups and i found a 1up shroom in a secret room by accident after using it to bomb a room full of those exposed brain guys. Everything was dying in one charged shot. Made it to the depths 2, found an emperor card and used it to get to mom. Was nuking everything until i get stomped on by mom and then i disappeared off the screen while the action kept going. I was so freaking mad especially after getting stuck on caves 2 so many times. PORQUE! Everything was going so well.

Card Boy

Banned
Good patch, but i would like to see official Xbox Controller support with on Screen buttons. I don't like having to download 3rd party programs to get it to work.

Also another thank you to xelios for the giveaway in the Steamgifts thread.

Also

1zCK4.png

Say yes Ed!

(not me before anyone goes Detective Gaf on me)

wilflare

Gez said:
Good patch, but i would like to see official Xbox Controller support with on Screen buttons. I don't like having to download 3rd party programs to get it to work.

Also

Say yes Ed!

(not me before anyone goes Detective Gaf on me)

GMG will be a good news for some :D

Salsa

Gez said:

Also

http://i.imgur.com/1zCK4.png[/ IMG]

Say yes Ed!

(not me before anyone goes Detective Gaf on me)[/QUOTE]

Game is five bucks.

I mean he could put it there, but i dont see the benefits of vouchers or whatever that GMG ussually has working with this game.

I still haven't finished it, but I love this game. It would be even better if we could customize it a bit, for example choosing our own powerups or creating our own levels.

Volcynika

Achievements worked fine for me from the beginning, but now since the most recent patch they haven't unlocked (gotten like 3 or so). I have that file, but not sure what to do from there. Hrm!

God I suck at this. Can't even scratch the 3 different bosses I met. Any tips? It feels the game is really hard and not forgiving

BigAT

UnluckyKate said:
God I suck at this. Can't even scratch the 3 different bosses I met. Any tips? It feels the game is really hard and not forgiving
My advice on the bosses would be patience. Get in whatever damage you can do safely, but then be sure you're on the move before they do their damage. Get used to their patterns and you should have a pretty easy time predicting when and where to move. A longer battle due to caution is better than dying.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Some tips from a fellow noob:

Don't use a key to open up the store when you have too few coins.

It's better to try out an item that you don't know so you can find out what it does even if you end up waste it.

Don't pick up a full heart if you only need a half. they don't disappear, so if you get hit later you can go back and get the full heart - or if you beat the floor with only a half you can go back and top off.

Sometimes it can be better to use bombs on stationary enemies if you know they would otherwise give you a hard time and end up costing you a lot of health.

and in general be very meticulous and keep your distance.

In other news; is there a good resource for item info or something on the web? like a wiki? I would have hoped the game kept track of what the effects of the things you picked up where (in the collection screen), but sadly it expects me to remember them all. ;-/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
3chopl0x said:
i0EHDkBqR3F44.png

whatadick :(

Haha, I found it funny. AND he is hinting people at how to solve their problem :)

Totally worth $5.

snoopeasystreet said:
Got the patch and now the game doesnt register W or A presses.

edit - guess I had azerty on by accident.

Same thing happened to me. I think the patch toggled it on for some reason.

The pad solution kind of sucks; I'm just using the keyboard for now. I'm sure there's a good reason for not having native pad support, but I hope it gets patched in soon. It was only $5 though, so I can live without it for now.

plc268

MomoPufflet said:
The pad solution kind of sucks; I'm just using the keyboard for now. I'm sure there's a good reason for not having native pad support, but I hope it gets patched in soon. It was only $5 though, so I can live without it for now.

Not only that, without analog shooting, it's not a real good fit for the 360 controller (at least on both sticks). I'm tempted to map the shooting to the face buttons, or better yet use my SNES controller instead.

Top Bottom