• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Salsa

UCZWD.png

SalsaShark said:

He also said this

@bramos4 i have no idea why your pc isnt awarding achievements, but it is a permission / configuration issue on your pc.. i cant fix it

I am on pc and I havent gotten most achievements :(

Therion

Hey Salsa, and anyone else with the achievement problem:

I just started up the game post-patch and went from 0 to 24 achievements instantly.

It's about time (and so much for it being a problem with the users' computers).

Adam J.

Just got the game tonight. I know this is a dumb question, but I'm a first time Steam user--how do I access the OST that came with my purchase? (i'm on Mac).

Jasoco

Banned
Adam J. said:
Just got the game tonight. I know this is a dumb question, but I'm a first time Steam user--how do I access the OST that came with my purchase? (i'm on Mac).
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/the binding of isaac/The Binding of Isaac Soundtrack/

On another note, anyone know how to stop Steam from downloading it? I already moved it into iTunes, but it redownloaded it when I moved it.

Salsa

Therion said:

I just started up the game post-patch and went from 0 to 24 achievements instantly.

tried, still 0 achievements for me.

Adam J. said:

I had no idea the OST came with the purchase. Cool.

NZNova

Does this have proper gamepad support yet? I'd like proper gamepad support if possible, not a note telling me to google joy2key.

Salsa

NZNova said:
Does this have proper gamepad support yet? I'd like proper gamepad support if possible, not a note telling me to google joy2key.

check the OP, works exactly the same as it would if they found a way to include gamepad support on a flash game (you cant)

Card Boy

Banned
NZNova said:
I don't think it ever will unless the game gets completely re-coded from Flash to a different Engine. Having said that i'm not sure how Machinarium runs on the PS3 unless they changed the game engine.

Therion said:

Still don't have them :( been stuck at 22 for a few weeks now

wutwutwut

Oh man, this game is a lot harder if you do it on a keyboard without n-key rollover. I switched from one with it to one without it last week and the new one doesn't pick up W+A+left simultaneously. :(

Salsa

so bummed still about the achievements :/, i dont care much for them but in a roguelike they are a nice incentive.

Anybody have any tips for preventing the slowdown? I run gamebooster and it doesn't help. The only thing that seems to help is putting on Low which looks really bad compared to Medium.

Therion

Okay, I just beat this with ???, and it was oddly enough my easiest playthrough ever. I got the wafer on the first floor, which let me pick up every item in the devil rooms while gaining soul hearts. Add to that a dollar early on that let me buy everything in the shops, and I pretty much knew I was going to beat the game while still on the first cave level. By the end I also had three flies, a meat boy, my sister, little steve, a 1up, and a dead cat following me around in a small army. Apparently that's the limit because my brother never showed up after I bought him from the devil.

Now I just need to wait for that Halloween update...

Bumhead

Banned
Only just started playing this.

REALLY impressed. Very simple game on the face of it but.. it's fantastic. I love the way that every time I play it throws something new and unique at me. I can imagine that after only putting in around an hour and a half I've barely scratched the surface, too.

Progress is slow for me at the moment though. This game is tough. Can't say I've ever gotten past the 3rd level.

Also, this is potentially a stupid question but.. is there any way to skip the opening intro sequence? I'm having to watch it every time I want to play the game which is a little annoying..

svegis

While everyone knew about this beforehand, at least there's the final official word on the update: tweet
Good news, excited to see what it brings!

With that said, does anyone know if it still crashes after an alt-tab and not having focus for a short while? Since it's a roguelike with no save-feature it's been putting me off a purchase cause I know I'd be frustrated if it happens.

Therion

svegis said:
With that said, does anyone know if it still crashes after an alt-tab and not having focus for a short while? Since it's a roguelike with no save-feature it's been putting me off a purchase cause I know I'd be frustrated if it happens.
I've never had that happen, and I often Alt-tab to the wiki to remind myself what items do.

ArjanN

Therion said:
I've never had that happen, and I often Alt-tab to the wiki to remind myself what items do.

It crashes for me as well if I stay out of the game too long. It works as long as I only quickly check something and go back into the game.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Damnit.

Still no achievement recording on Mac OS. I love this game but feel I'm missing out. No halloween update.

Therion

From the twitter:
Just approved the build on steam, should go live in the next 20 min!
So it looks like it will just make Halloween in my timezone, anyway.

Edit: And there it is. Damn, should've gone to bed when I had the chance.

Wow, new final boss is HARD. Also, a few bugs I noticed. When playing as Isaac, whenever he would jump into the door for the next level, he appears as Eve. Also the music during the final boss fight got real fucked up. Like it was trying to play the track three times or something. Slowed down the game which made it difficult for me to finish.

Still, if that can get fixed up, the new items are great.

Therion

GoldandBlue said:
Also the music during the final boss fight got real fucked up. Like it was trying to play the track three times or something. Slowed down the game which made it difficult for me to finish.
I'm not sure if I actually heard the music, or if it was some kind of bug. I just got a super bass-y rumble that slowed down the entire room so that I couldn't really fight at all. Then after I died the rumble kept going at the title screen, slowing that down too until I quit.

Also, I have learned that if you hate chocolate milk you should never ever pick up brimstone. Unfortunately I can't remember what brimstone looks like.

BigAT

I had a similar problem with the final form of the final boss, as mentioned above. I had horrible, crippling slowdown, but it was probably the only reason I actually ended up beating him. The weird part was that the slowdown persisted through the end credits and at the main menu.

Sounds like there is going to be an update today or tomorrow though to fix some of the bugs with the Halloween update.

Masaki_

GoldandBlue said:
Also, a few bugs I noticed. When playing as Isaac, whenever he would jump into the door for the next level, he appears as Eve.

Not just Isaac, this starts happening with any character after you make a pact with devil. And I also got the slowdown during the last boss.

Protip regarding the last boss:
Brimstone doesn't work against Satan. If you intend to fight him, don't pick it.

BigAT

Masaki_ said:
Not just Isaac, this starts happening with any character after you make a pact with devil. And I also got the slowdown during the last boss.

Protip regarding the last boss:
Brimstone doesn't work against Satan. If you intend to fight him, don't pick it.
From what I'm reading Brimstone is bugged in general and should be fixed with the next update.

Masaki_

BigAT said:
From what I'm reading Brimstone is bugged in general and should be fixed with the next update.

Alright, but other than that, Brimstone is way, way better than regular tears and the fact it only costs one heart is a steal.

By the way, can you increase your damage over the maximum displayed in the pause menu?

Plissken

Got to Satan today with the Bible, figured it worked on Mom, it'll work on Satan, right? Nope, killed ME instantly. I had to laugh, off to play again! :D

BigAT

Joe Molotov said:
Made two pacts with the devil, but I didn't get Eve. :(
I believe that's bugged at the moment. I unlocked her after taking my third devil item (split over two devil rooms).

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Forever Alone is pretty decent if you have enough space to run around and hit people with it. It was pretty much one shotting some of the regular enemies in the beginning stages.

I didn't realize bombs worked so well against Mom's Heart. She's free. lol

backlot

BigAT said:
I believe that's bugged at the moment. I unlocked her after taking my third devil item (split over two devil rooms).
According to McMillen's twitter you have to find two devil rooms in a single game and take at least one item from each. That's what worked for me.

BigAT

backlot said:
According to McMillen's twitter you have to find two devil rooms in a single game and take at least one item from each. That's what worked for me.
I did that, but the unlock only triggered for me after I took the third item. I got one item from the first room, then two from the second.

Top Bottom