• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

jblank83

Can someone explain how the dice rooms work?

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Rooms#Dice_Rooms

1 and 6 will reroll your character's items. Those are the most important.

I would personally guess that
The Lamb is supposed to be a fully-corrupted version of Isaac, similar to how you fight Isaac and Blue Baby on the other endgame route.

That was my first thought. Most (if not all) of the characters seem to be Isaac's interpretations of himself after reading the bible, so I'd tend to agree.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ive been seeing RNG lately but I feel kinda dumb I dont kno what it is. Care to explain?

RNG = Random Number Generator

So basically it's people anthropomorphizing the randomness of the game.
No, RNGesus is people anthropomorphizing the randomness of video games. When you're having a terrible run or a great run in Isaac or Spelunky or Minecraft or Dark Souls, you blame/praise RNGesus.

Dice Room 5 after clearing the floor = hot.

It is almost Isaac time for me, unf, can't wait. Will start by using my Eden token and then maybe go on some Isaac adventures.

Beaulieu

So the magdalene trophy and the one for going through the womb for the first time didnt unlock for me.

am I screwed out of the platinum or is there a way to force unlock them ?

dLMN8R

Once you enter a seed, how much of it is still randomized? For example, does the seed define what you find it slot machines and every other item? Or are some things still randomized even after putting in the seed?

For example, I tried this seed:
This was pretty nuts. An independently controlled, persistent, ring of brimstone. Azazel + Tiny Planet + The Ludovico Technique

[/IMG]http://i3.minus.com/i9xCNoqn02A6B.jpg[/IMG]

It's not something you fire, it appears in the room as soon as you enter and stays there. You move it around like you do your character but with the fire buttons. As you can see it made mincemeat of the boss rush room. Seed is NXNJ DTA6.

edit: just saw Anustart's post, lol

and I didn't really get anything notable at all after playing through ~5-6 stages. Ended up dying since I couldn't survive with what I had, despite it seeming like there should be a ton of stuff in there.

jblank83

Actually the floor-reroll is among the best. Keep all collectables and pickups, then go through the floor again and get more. Fucking AWESOME

Floor reroll is good. That's a fair claim.

1 and 6 have the largest impact on a run, completely randomizing a character.

Rubius

Once you enter a seed, how much of it is still randomized? For example, does the seed define what you find it slot machines and every other item? Or are some things still randomized even after putting in the seed?

and I didn't really get anything notable at all after playing through ~5-6 stages. Ended up dying since I couldn't survive with what I had, despite it seeming like there should be a ton of stuff in there.

Pretty sure that items will come out in the order they are supposed to. Like every player who get an item from a red chest will get the same red chest items in the same order. But I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure the basic % chances like the slot machines and all that are not seed based.

Kuroyume

Banned
I had an awesome character once on a late run and rulled the dice and ended up with my brimstone using character with anti grav. I was crushed.

Leezard

I think PC and PS4/Vita seeds are different.

Apologies if this has been answered already but is there a retail release for this for ps4/ps vita or digital only? Also is there cross but for this or do you have to buy both versions for cross save?

CassSept

RNGods are real, but they are most definitely more merciful in Rebirth than they were in the original.

I actually find most of the end bosses to be jokes, except
???'s bullshit teleports
and
Mega Satan who I have not seen at all
. I took WAY more damage from the double Fallen (1 fallen is fine, 2 split fallen...jesus christ) and double
adversery
fights. I like the new Heart fight, but unless you accidentally run into an enemy as it spawns, have terrible speed or get caught off guard by a pattern switch it's pretty damn easy even after the change.

The closest I was to getting Dead Boy
Blue Baby teleported to my back literally <5 seconds before the end of the fight, few hits
. RAGE :( I will get it though eventually, I'm more confident of that than I was when I first saw the achievement. Too many broken combos for it not to happen eventually.

Ferrio

Banned
Got book of rev on cellar I. Not a single horseman until womb I. WTF.

On the plus side I was Super Ultra Guppy. Even so I was a moron and got hit on the lamb, there goes the no hit achieve.

Finalow

not sure where I can check on PS4 but I probably played 40-50 hours already.

got all endings, 100+ secrets, 300+ items, 50 Mom kills etc. I'm more or less done with this game for now, I'll try some hard runs and that's it, I think. I won't bother unlocking The Lost until the make it less annoying or 'full-seeded', especially on PS4 since you can't fucking reset.

great game, much better than the original. based Sony for putting it for free on ps+ November. will probably double dip on steam when the dlc will come out.

Got book of rev on cellar I. Not a single horseman until womb I. WTF.
yeah getting the complete meat boy is almost impossible if you try to do it with the 'legit' way. I didn't even reach the point of getting 3 cubes and I got the book quite a lot.

SerTapTap

Ah, I didn't even consider whether the seed I tried was for Vita.

Can we institute a new rule for this thread? When you share seeds, state which one it's for?

:p

Yeah I just learned this today on the Rebirth wiki. Pretty bullshit IMO, they should really work the same, but since they don't we should specify which platform a seed is.

Speaking of--I take it the BOI wiki is going to be classic BOI only and the new wiki is what should be used for rebirth? I noticed the old wiki deleted all Rebirth specific pages

maty

I just did the whole process to unlock
the Lost
but it didn't work. :/

Only used seeds for the 1st 3 steps and then I got to Satan and did what I had to do. I just wasted an hour for nothing. Fuck whoever decided this was fun.

Ferrio

Banned
yeah getting the complete meat boy is almost impossible if you try to do it with the 'legit' way. I didn't even reach the point of getting 3 cubes and I got the book quite a lot.

I got 3 bandage girl, then got stuck with an impossible room right before the next boss that should of been my last piece.

Finally got all the endings! Of course there's still a ton to do. Hopefully I'll get DA:I tomorrow though, think I need this to be my side game for a while.

dLMN8R

So are these two seeds for PC or Vita? I'm eager to try out some fun stuff on the PC version

I wanted to try Azazel Ludovico so I grabbed a seed and wow OBBJ ZEN1 is a hilarious seed.

You get Ludovico in the first treasure room, Polyphemus in the second treasure room, all throughout a ton of upgrades as well as homing and poisonous. I also took that worm trinket which makes your shots pulsate (wub wub). It was hilarious, a poisonous homing pulsating ring of death that decimates everything in mere seconds. In 15 minutes I cleared The Chest, including both
??? and Mega Satan
. Pretty interesting run because homing ring of death looks fun.

LB6H LHT3

Just make sure you get a devil room on the second floor i think. That one had two guppy items for me.

Ludovico + Guppy + Common Cold + Proptosis + Abbaddon + Azazel. Mom's heart died as soon as the fight started lol.

Here's a fun one I had a few days back: 6VBD 8GK2 (PC)

Nothing huge, but I got the
Lion
item and a bunch of other fun stuff that I'd never seen before in ~15-20 hours of play between the original and this version

Anustart

Issue that needs fixing is...if your controller turns off and you use the keyboard at all, you cannot use the controller to play anymore. Just ruined another Lost unlocking attempt.

Edit: ^ Mine is PC.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have to stop forgetting which path I'm trying to take. God dammit. Such a good run ruined because I went the wrong way.

Stoze

I had a run a while back where essentially the unicorn ability activated at the start of every new room i walked into. I have no idea what the item or synergy was because I got the effect after taking a dice room.

Any idea what that was?

Second time in the (end floor)
Dark Room
, first time fighting (end boss)
The Lamb
. Made it. Yeah!
But man, my heart was pounding like crazy. Polyphemus + decent fire rate had been serving me well up to the Dark Room but my familiars and Guppy's Head, lol, weren't much of a help anymore. (Also thank you, Game, for offering me D6 on the very last floor...) So yeah, I'd been reduced to 4 hearts and I had no idea what to expect from this boss. But it went way better than I'd feared, only took two damage. Felt relatively easy, actually.
I have yet to fight Blue Baby, Mega Satan and a Fallen Angel but regular Satan still stands as my most feared end boss. His first two phases are easy enough, but I absolutely dread his third & last one. Unless I'm super OP and can brimstone my way through it, I never have any control in that part and my whole run turns into chaos. It's unpredicable, random and also just a bit too dark for my eyes. Those Kamikaze thingies? Fuck them. I just hate that fight.

Ferrio

Banned
Well my family man challenge couldn't of gone better. 6 Followers, 3 orbitals, mask of infamy, and polaroid procs.

Look at that Posse.
D8KVclp.jpg

I had a run a while back where essentially the unicorn ability activated at the start of every new room i walked into. I have no idea what the item or synergy was because I got the effect after taking a dice room.

Any idea what that was?

Taurus I believe. You get decreased speed but it slowly increases until the unicorn effect procs.

Trophies not unlocking is starting to suck - just killed
Isaac
with Judas and no trophy popped. Argh.

Yeah, it's annoying. I'm at 10 unregistered trophies now. Can only hope that the patch will work retroactively because I'm definitely not gonna start all over again with a new save file just for trophies.

Althane

So I'm trying to go through the main game (non-challenges) beating Mom's Heart with each of the characters, then Satan, then etc. If I think I have a run that'll beat Satan, I go ahead and go for it after Mom's heart.

So far, I got Isaac, Azazel, Lazarus (?!?), and just now Judas.

This Judas run was incredible. Nothing exactly BROKEN in it, but.. well, here's how the items went:

1: Quad Shot
2: Yum <3
3: Dark Matter (Traded Yum for it, because why not?)
4: Speedball
5: Technology
6: Wafer
7: Halo
8: Bent Spoon

And at that point, I didn't care what I got anymore, because I was ripping through rooms with no effort at all. I only took damage from accidentally running into spikes in the Womb (already have Mama's Boy from Azazel). It Lives was run down in a few seconds. Satan only lasted longer because I practiced dodging his second form's shots.

In short, that was one of the most broken builds I've gotten in a while. I'm loving it. Wish I had more time to sink into it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my second Devil room gave me 2 Luck Up pills, and 2 Speed Up pills. Craaaaaaack~

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So I guess I technically beat Mom for the first time just now. Technically in that I was doing the Computer Savvy achievement and thusly it doesn't count. Also it took me two tries as I died to her the first time even though I was doing much better on that run.

Now I need to beat her for real so it counts. But I miss my eye lasers. :( They made the game so much fun.

maty

After my 2nd attempt I finally unlocked
the Lost

I'm now starting hard mode with all other characters before I try it. 1st try with Isaac and ended up killing
the Lamb
, good run.

Besides the hard mode achievements, I'm also missing Super Meat Boy and Bandage girl, which will surely take a while. xD

SerTapTap

This is the third time I've wandered into mom's boss room early on accident. Is there even any friggin good reason you can't leave?

Top Bottom