• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

Any tips for "Cat Got Your Tongue"? Only challenge I have left.

Holy shit, that's what's doing it! Whenever I have Fetus in a Jar there's a bomb right next to me when I enter the boss room which immediately explodes and damages me. I always assumed it was some especially cruel effect of the item but this is definelty why it's happening. Thank you!

Yeah, super annoying. And makes me wonder how much they tested some things...I wouldn't leave that in myself

autoduelist

Get really really good at the game. Also, flying.

I mean, if we aren't talking OP builds, then that's about all there is to it.

I'm pretty obviously talking about suggested OP builds since 'get gud' isn't exactly useful advice. I am good, at least, good enough that I've unlocked godhead. But I've gotten cheesed out of the no hit Chest all 3 times I tried, and as stated, was looking for advice. I've beaten the Chest/dark room far more than 3 times, but only went for the no hit a couple times since i wasn't focusing on trophies at first. With multiple boss level critters on screen shooting guided brimstone, it can be hard not to get hit no matter how good you are.

99 coins, some damage up's and Pay to Win. Never used it myself but I hear it can be quite effective. Also you could just find a way to cheese it with Starter Pack + Emperor Card + Chaos Card. Emperor Card and decent damage / dodging is usually always a good method for no damage runs.

Also I don't know why everyone is under the impression that ??? is a difficult character. There's usually an abundance of ways to gain health, and with permanent access to both challenge and boss challenge rooms he's rarely short on resources. Plus permanent Babylon mode if you ever find it and the Polaroid / Negative always proccing.

Ah, I always skip on pay to win, but that's an interesting strat. I like ??? too.''

Re: Stopwatch: does it recharge every room or something? I'm only at like 800 coins.

BigAT

So is there no achievement/unlock for beating
Mega Satan
? I beat
???
(also my first time killing him) turned back and then went and killed
Mega Satan
but there didn't seem to be much recognition of it aside from a different ending.

SerTapTap

So is there no achievement/unlock for beating
Mega Satan
? I beat
???
(also my first time killing him) turned back and then went and killed
Mega Satan
but there didn't seem to be much recognition of it aside from a different ending.

Ending and file icon seems to be all you get. Though getting the key to him of course unlocks
daddy's key and Family Man

Anustart

Anyone know why when entering a room, any room, there's a chance that a random object in the room will break? Be it a poop pile or rock, sometimes it'll break. Anywhere in the room, not even next to me.

xkramz

I'm the dumbest issac player ever guys.. I had the bible and used it on mom's heart. BAM one hit KO. Then boom I'm st sheol hype as fuck and then I found Satan's bitch ass. And I pop my bible and boom one hit KO on me! Lmao I didn't know this would happen :(

Anustart

Barring any unforseen circumstances, I should be able to do boss rush, isaac and ??? on this lost run and finish him up. Got a couple damage ups + ipecac + PayToPlay. Which, when combo'd, kills entire rooms with 1 penny and bosses in 3-4. And just found dead cat. Here we go.

Edit: Boss Rush down, and now I have stopwatch as well. I think this is it for the Lost.

SerTapTap

If the challenges trophy doesn't unlock, you can just beat any other challenge (to be safe I closed and restarted the game). I did Computer Savvy because it's fun and quick (run was 12 minutes)

I'm the dumbest issac player ever guys.. I had the bible and used it on mom's heart. BAM one hit KO. Then boom I'm st sheol hype as fuck and then I found Satan's bitch ass. And I pop my bible and boom one hit KO on me! Lmao I didn't know this would happen :(

Hah, lots of people fall for that if they don't know ahead of time. Don't use it on anything past the Heart

maty

Guys, I have all 343 items and endings yet real platinum god did not unlock.

Do I also need to beat everything on hard with all characters to get it?

Thanks

David___

Banned
Anyone have a workaround for
Godhead
not unlocking? Just need that. Super Bandage Girl/SMB secrets for Plat God :/
Guys, I have all 343 items and endings yet real platinum god did not unlock.

Do I also need to have beat everything on hard with all characters to get it?

Thanks

Need to get a Mom's Heart kill on Hard with every character.

No Love

Banned
This game is so fucking hard and it's so easy to die but I can't stop playing it randomly throughout the day. Why is it so good? Why is it so much fun starting fresh and finding new stuff?

I don't know but I'm hooked.

Anustart

Fuck yeah. Just unlocked Godhead. I'm done with The Lost!

Completed boss rush, isaac and ??? in one go. Super op Dead Cat + Ipecac + Scythe + about 6 babies including rotten baby who's fly one shotted most bosses by itself. So glad I don't have to do more Lost runs.

Almost got screwed on The Chest though. One path led to a room with the red poop surrounding all doors. The boss luckily wasn't down that path, as there would have been no way through that room, as my ipecac shots would have killed me so I couldn't get rid of the poop.

maty

I just solved my problem. I was playing on a mac so when I restarted on windows the achievement popped up when launching the game

Finally...

Now I'll just finish every path with all characters on hard for completion's sake

Anustart

I just solved my problem. I was playing on a mac so when I restarted on windows the achievement popped up when launching the game

Finally...

Now I'll just finish every path with all characters on hard for completion's sake

Odd that McMillen wouldn't allow mac users to be platinum gods lol. I'll get it soon, just need to get a couple heart kills on hard and bandage girl. Do I need to find every item also? If so, how can I tell which I haven't found, or is it just guess work?

maty

Odd that McMillen wouldn't allow mac users to be platinum gods lol. I'll get it soon, just need to get a couple heart kills on hard and bandage girl. Do I need to find every item also? If so, how can I tell which I haven't found, or is it just guess work?

Yes, you need to find all items. Just use this guide to see which one you are missing in your stats page.

http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Collection_Page

For platinum god you need every item besides the ones you unlock with The Lost.

For real platinum you need every item and ending.

Any tips for "Cat Got Your Tongue"? Only challenge I have left.

Circle strafe to build up momentum with the hairball. You dodge a lot of shots that way. A lot of it is based on luck as well. Any Challenge where you're hamstrung by the Blindfold, familiars become way more important - especially Brimstone Baby.

dLMN8R

Woah, just used Azazel for my first time and did better than I've ever done before.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

jblank83

I'm pretty obviously talking abou...

No damage was even more difficult in original Isaac. There were even more room layouts where you'd take unavoidable damage straight out of the door. Absolutely unavoidable, no time to react, right in your face, run ending damage the moment you stepped into a room.

I spent the last 50 of my 200 hours in original Isaac trying to get the two most difficult no damage achievements. I did it both with powerful builds, of course, but also knowing every room layout, knowing which enemies spawn where, knowing bullet patterns, and also by getting lucky. It was painful.

Isaac Rebirth on normal is easier than Isaac vanilla. I completed all of the no damage achievements within the first 50 hours of playtime.

Other than investing more time in the game, and ignoring all of the obvious OP builds, whichever those are, my best advice, the advice I gave earlier, is to fully upgrade your shop and get the Stopwatch, which is ridiculously OP. It will make the achievements much more manageable.

ElTopo

Banned
Finally beat The Purist challenge. Lucked out after 10 attempts and the got the Baphoment weapon (Charge laser) and it wasn't terribly hard.

How do you unlock challenges 8 and 11? Those are the only ones left for me. Concentrating on the Challenges for now.

Finalow

pretty good read if you're interested in tboi's themes and overall meaning (spoilers obviously) :
http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofis...am_the_author_of_the_isaac_endings_explained/
that was quite interesting, it's probably very close to the actual meaning of the endings and the story behind them.

I like the Mom's theory.
- the game's introduction is done as Isaac's drawings, meaning it's Isaac's view on things, not necessarily reality. His abuse by Mom upon losing one of her children and her husband leaving is rationalized by Isaac as God telling her he needs to be punished since it's beyond his understanding why Mom would hurt him. This is excellent religious commentary as many people turn to religion for answers to things things they can't explain.
it also relates really well with some of the endings. (the 'missing' one and the 'killed Mom' one, mostly)

however, wasn't Isaac supposed to have
1 brother (Bobby) and 1 sister? Not just the sister as they mentioned there?

Other than investing more time in the game, and ignoring all of the obvious OP builds, whichever those are, my best advice, the advice I gave earlier, is to fully upgrade your shop and get the Stopwatch, which is ridiculously OP.
yeah, I also think that we're probably not going to see a nerf since getting 999 coins in the donation machine isn't really a fast or easy thing to do.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Not sure if it's already been posted, but someone's created a Binding of Isaac Rebirth Achievement Helper you can log into using your Steam account (or ID) and see which achivements you have left and how to get them. Spoilers, obviously:

http://theriebel.de/tboirah/

Celegus

nice. I'll probably jump back in when the expansion is out, I hope to see that too on ps+.

I don't think DLC has ever been part of PS+ (since the IGC), I wouldn't get your hopes up. I certainly don't mind throwing them a few bucks for it though.

SerTapTap

So The Chest has layouts where there's 3 tiles of red poop surrounding each door. I am not amused.

Finally beat The Purist challenge. Lucked out after 10 attempts and the got the Baphoment weapon (Charge laser) and it wasn't terribly hard.

How do you unlock challenges 8 and 11? Those are the only ones left for me. Concentrating on the Challenges for now.

This was way easier than I thought it would be due to devil deals. Didn't have super amazing tears. Cat Got Your Tongue, that was one of the worst, but I got boomerang and the autoturret buddy (he spawns flies if you're guppy!).

Pretty sure that the expansion will never show up on PS+

Has DLC ever been PS+ other than those Destiny of Spirits bonuses? I don't think so.

Finalow

now that I think about it you're right, there usually are no dlcs as ps+ free games. oh well, I'll just buy it then.

or I could get the 'complete' edition on steam when it's out, I thought about getting the game on steam as well.

MUnited83

For you.
So The Chest has layouts where there's 3 tiles of red poop surrounding each door. I am not amused.

This was way easier than I thought it would be due to devil deals. Didn't have super amazing tears. Cat Got Your Tongue, that was one of the worst, but I got boomerang and the autoturret buddy (he spawns flies if you're guppy!).

Has DLC ever been PS+ other than those Destiny of Spirits bonuses? I don't think so.

There's a few starter packs for F2P games but that's pretty much about it. But even if DLCs were offered in PS+, it wouldn't make any sense for Nicalis to put it on the service. One of the major advantages of putting a game on PS+ is that you have a great number of people who wouldn't otherwise get the game that are now potential DLC buyers.

SerTapTap

50 unlocks to go! I think I'll stop when I have all the non-
The Lost
boss kills, maybe even skip the hard mode stuff for now (the co op baby unlocks mean nothing to me) and leave the rest for whenever they actually fix trophy stuff and other bugs.

There's a few starter packs for F2P games but that's pretty much about it. But even if DLCs were offered in PS+, it wouldn't make any sense for Nicalis to put it on the service. On of the major advantages of putting a game on PS+ is that you have a great number of people who wouldn't otherwise get the game that are now potential DLC buyers.

Yeah, there's that too (plus who wants PS+ to give them DLC for games they may not have?). A lot of people demanding retail games on PS4 PS+ are missing that retail ones on PS3 were usually old and with mountains of DLC to sell and were probably more profitable due to DLC than whatever cash Sony gave for them to put it on PS+ if I had to guess.

Celegus

Just had a weird glitch where the Dark One started his charge stance when I entered the boss room, but got stuck and never actually moved. Shot at him with my regular tears the whole time and he never budged.

SerTapTap

Just had a weird glitch where the Dark One started his charge stance when I entered the boss room, but got stuck and never actually moved. Shot at him with my regular tears the whole time and he never budged.

I hope they fix this glitch by moving it to the Adversary instead

SerTapTap

Fuck trophies not unlocking.

On a better note from never playing to sucking to being Golden God this morning, I am getting there.

Feels great. And on the original I gave up thinking I'd never beat the Heart without a crazy OP build. Yesterday I beat Purist second try.

Feels great. And on the original I gave up thinking I'd never beat the Heart without a crazy OP build. Yesterday I beat Purist second try.

Nice, I haven't even really tried many of the challenges yet but I did try Family Man because of it being notoriously difficult and managed to die on
It Lives
when it had literally a sliver of health left. That stung.

SerTapTap

Nice, I haven't even really tried many of the challenges yet but I did try Family Man because of it being notoriously difficult and managed to die on
It Lives
when it had literally a sliver of health left. That stung.

Oh man, do the challenges, most of them unlock pretty cool stuff (though a few are either absurdly situational (suicide king) or just bad (rules card)). Half are pretty easy and half are not (any no tears ones and the blow-yourself-up ones are the hard ones)

You guys, guppy's head+brimstone+spoon bender+ small planet is... try this for yourself (go to the chest): 43WS Z2NB
One shot killed blue baby in 0.3 seconds.

Agh!

Tried to unlock
the lost again
, and died on one of the worst Judas runs I've encountered, right before fighting mom.

Goddamn. All this to unlock a shitty character. Does anyone have any good seeds for these runs? I can't seem to find any other than the first one for Isaac.

Top Bottom