• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

sn00zer

So Ive beaten
Satan
twice...how do I unlock levels after that?
EDIT: Im finding the game is only difficult during the first half.....second half you are so ridiculously over powered you can just breeze through it...Ive stomped on just about every boss rush Ive unlocked

SerTapTap

So Ive beaten
Satan
twice...how do I unlock levels after that?
EDIT: Im finding the game is only difficult during the first half.....second half you are so ridiculously over powered you can just breeze through it...Ive stomped on just about every boss rush Ive unlocked

Keep beating The Heart and Satan and...other things. 11 for heart, 6 for Satan and other thing.

Depends on your luck--but yeah, by the time you get late game you have a fair chance of being pretty overpowered

sn00zer

Keep beating The Heart and Satan and...other things. 11 for heart, 6 for Satan and other thing.

Depends on your luck--but yeah, by the time you get late game you have a fair chance of being pretty overpowered

I havent fought the other thing...how do I fight it?

Kinda wish there was a way just to unloc everything...Im enjoying my self, but not enjoying the current drip feeding of unlockables

Renpatsu

It helps that by the time you've unlocked the later bosses and chapters you've been compelled to defeat early bosses dozens of times if not more so naturally your skill will develop alongside that progression.

SerTapTap

I havent fought the other thing...how do I fight it?

Kinda wish there was a way just to unloc everything...Im enjoying my self, but not enjoying the current drip feeding of unlockables

The characters and levels are the primary unlocks.

For the other thing, if you beat the heart 11 times you just get an option to go to EITHER next area freely any time you kill the heart. Otherwise, you can use a Devil or God room to go to the respective next area--this is highly unreliable and devil rooms are more common, hence why you haven't seen it.

In the mean time, you can get some Mom's Heart kill unlocks with other characters, or if you're really antsy just blast through with Azazel. I try to never waste a run though.

It helps that by the time you've unlocked the later bosses and chapters you've been compelled to defeat early bosses dozens of times if not more so naturally your skill will develop alongside that progression.

Yeah the game has a really great sense of progression--the first time you fight Mom's Foot it really does feel like a final boss. Then, you find Mom's Heart and IT feels liike a final boss/area. Then you go deeper after Mom's Heart isn't all that bad any more and so on

Anustart

So stupid. Get dead cat + stop watch again with Lost, but only get down to depths 1 and it took 40 minutes. Didn't get a single tear up, damage up or item that did anything for me. Also shitty devil deal room leads to angel rooms afterwards giving me soul hearts.

corn_fest

Was doing "When Life Gives You Lemons" and actually had a pretty decent build going. All the way on Depths 2 I get a 6 dice room and decide, what the hell, I'll give it a shot...
ended up with magnetic soymilk tears, ughhhh.

I thought all was lost, but then... wait, does the 6 room reroll shop items as well? Maybe, just maybe, the Bible..!
And there it was, discounted to 3 coins!

Sure of my clutch victory, I strode into Mom's room only to realize that I had no item charge left and died miserably.

aku:jiki

So stupid. Get dead cat + stop watch again with Lost, but only get down to depths 1 and it took 40 minutes. Didn't get a single tear up, damage up or item that did anything for me. Also shitty devil deal room leads to angel rooms afterwards giving me soul hearts.
RNG fucking you over like that is always frustrating, but it's just mega-frustrating with The Lost since you desperately need any help you can find. I always get annoyed when I don't see that devil room even though I clearly met all the requirements. I hate that last 5% or whatever that can have them not appear even though they should, sucks that something that's supposed to be a reward for trying your best and doing well has a chance of not showing up. :/

Sure of my clutch victory, I strode into Mom's room only to realize that I had no item charge left and died miserably.
Not to kick you while you're down, man, but why did you use the Bible in a room before going to the boss fight? All use items are fully charged when purchased or picked up...

corn_fest

Not to kick you while you're down, man, but why did you use the Bible in a room before going to the boss fight? All use items are fully charged when purchased or picked up...

I totally didn't! I figured it must have been some weird glitch or effect of the item reroll.
Still, if only I'd caught it and found a battery...

Turnstyle

This has probably already been covered, but this is a big thread...

Has the eu version had the cross save issue fixed yet? Been playing exclusively on the Vita, and would love to continue on the PS4, but worried about losing my save...

Rubius

Finally did all the post its and challenges. Only have 25 achievements left, including the dreadful Super Meat Boy. I dont know if I'll play as much since there is no "goal" to go for except try to do Dead Baby and Super Meat Boy, both of which are more RNG based goals. I have no idea what other achievements I'm missing. I only played Normal Mode. Do each kill give an achievement in Hard of the Postits give an achievements in Hard?

Finally did all the post its and challenges. Only have 25 achievements left, including the dreadful Super Meat Boy. I dont know if I'll play as much since there is no "goal" to go for except try to do Dead Baby and Super Meat Boy, both of which are more RNG based goals. I have no idea what other achievements I'm missing. I only played Normal Mode. Do each kill give an achievement in Hard of the Postits give an achievements in Hard?
The Lost has to do everything on hard for 5 item unlocks (and corresponding achievements) and every character has an achievement and a coop character unlock for beating It Lives on hard.

Zeth

That feel when Brimstone Baby is adjacent to starting room with Azazel.
happytears.gif

dLMN8R

Gah! Got to
Satan
for my first time ever, but had the stupid powerup that gives you 9 1-heart lives...picked it up by mistake when I otherwise had 5-6 hearts :-/

Came so close to killing him, but with only a single heart on each live I just couldn't get it done.

SerTapTap

Also I understand what you guys mean about the brightness on Vita. When playing in the sun the game is all but unplayable on max brightness, and even when not, curse of darkness/Dark One's darkness effect is a major handicap

I haven't found a chaos card in forever :( Been so long I've forgotten its touch.

10 achievements left. Godhead, d100, bandage girl, 6 hard heart kills.

I get them all of the time. Half of them have been accidentally misfired or used when I meant to use blank card. I'm glad they're moderately abundant...I actually found a SECOND one in that run and lol bye isaac. (well, actually it was the third, I found two on the same early floor)

Family man.

Why?

Granted I cheesed-out Isaac, but I didn't find it THAT bad. IF you can get flight you can cheap out most rooms with pits thanks to the rotten baby. Use the flies as your main source of damage. I was almost ignoring the tears by the end.

Same with Poop. Ugh. Though theoretically you could use that defensively?

Poop doesn't affect you negatively for being in your inventory. Cursed shot may teleport you out of battle randomly if you get hit. I killed
The Lamb
around 10 times today (adding up the damage I dealt) because of this, always getting hit when hp got low.

SerTapTap

Same with Poop. Ugh. Though theoretically you could use that defensively?

Petrified Poop (or an extremely high luck stat) makes The Poop just fine. The Poop is harmless, ranking it way above Soy Milk, Cursed Eye, Mom's Toenail and a bunch of other shit that's more harm than good in most or any runs.

The "randomly" teleporting for Cursed Eye seems to be something like 90% or higher too. I've only NOT been teleported by it once

theRizzle

Ran into a little issue/bug when loading my PS4 save onto my Vita.

After transferring the save to my Vita, all of Isaac's symbols are missing on the character select screen. Everyone else has theirs intact.

I am too scared to reload it back onto my PS4 in case it wipes out the stuff I've already done with Isaac.

SerTapTap

Ran into a little issue/bug when loading my PS4 save onto my Vita.

After transferring the save to my Vita, all of Isaac's symbols are missing on the character select screen. Everyone else has theirs intact.

I am too scared to reload it back onto my PS4 in case it wipes out the stuff I've already done with Isaac.

Is it still fine on PS4? Then reupload and try again on Vita, no need to wipe the PS4 one. There's no auto-download at all so launching the PS4 version is perfectly safe

Well if you get the petrified poop trinket then poop can be a reasonable source of income, beyond that it's pointless.
Nah, Poop is a reasonable source of income as it is, as it does have the same drop rate as regular poop. Petrified Poop makes it awesome.

Then again I've spent like the last 50 hours playing hard so my appreciation for drops is higher than people who play normal.

I haven't found a chaos card in forever :(
I had never seen Credit Card until tonight. In the last room before The Lamb. Thanks game.

cakely

Got to
Mom's Heart
last night for the first time.

It was hard, really hard. I think every shot was dealing a full heart of damage, and I died quite quickly. Are there any strategies for this one or is it just "git gud"?

Ferrio

Banned
Got to
Mom's Heart

It was hard, really hard. I think every shot was dealing a full heart of damage, and I died quite quickly. Are there any strategies for this one or is it just "git gud"?

Git good.

Also from the womb stages and onward you take one heart of damage per hit. Prior to that you'll take one heart damage from champions and explosions.

SerTapTap

Got to
Mom's Heart

Dodge better. Stay away from the center at the left/right side of the room. "get good" basically, none of her patterns are undodgable, most have pretty simple tricks to them actually like "run around the room", "run around the room but not TOO fast" and "make tiny sidesteps between bullets". The first time you fight any of the end bosses will probably be sensory overload, but once you know their patterns they're a lot simpler than they may appear.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Got to
Mom's Heart

Git Gud

cakely

Git good.

Also from the womb stages and onward you take one heart of damage per hit. Prior to that you'll take one heart damage from champions and explosions.

Dodge better. Stay away from the center at the left/right side of the room. "get good" basically, none of her patterns are undodgable, most have pretty simple tricks to them actually like "run around the room", "run around the room but not TOO fast" and "make tiny sidesteps between bullets". The first time you fight any of the end bosses will probably be sensory overload, but once you know their patterns they're a lot simpler than they may appear.

Ok, thanks. I didn't know about the full heart damage that's good to know. It was a bit overwhelming.

SerTapTap

Ok, thanks. I didn't know about the full heart damage that's good to know. It was a bit overwhelming.

Oh, yeah, that's important to know. It's EVERYTHING from The Womb on. So Blood Machines, Curse Rooms and devil beggars are far more risky, as are all enemies. At that point you want to be very careful and generally want to rush straight to the boss room (there are no more shops or item rooms so there's much less reason to dawdle.)

Huh, RNG, man... Been fiending for Steven and Transcendence for my collection page for about 100 hours now. Got them both in one run just now.

Was also one small step away from a breaking setup, but I guess RNG didn't love me that much. I lucked into like 10-15 shop rerolls but it absolutely refused to show me the habit, even going so far as to cycle through items without showing it. I guess I can't have everything in one run. :(

Got to
Mom's Heart

Stand on the left side, hugging the wall, and only do minor dodges - don't flail around the room trying to dodge everything from all directions. Take out spawns ASAP, moving away from your spot on the left if you have to. Then just badger the heart.

If it's taking forever to go down and you can't maintain the dodging for that long, your build was just underpowered (at least in relation to your skill level) and you got unlucky. Basically, if Teratoma (the big black thing that splits into smaller parts) spawns before you kill the heart, your build is pretty weak and it's probably not worth continuing.

Stay away from the center at the left/right side of the room.
wat. That's the exact best spot to stand.

Rubius

Did my first Hard mode today. Had a Ipecak + Fetus + Pyrolove. I was pretty much invincible so I had fun with Isaac breaking the game a little. Then, I was on the Womb 2, decided to wait for the boss and took a pill. Telepill into I am error. Oh, and I had the Polaroid too. So I literally didnt unlock anything for the run since I couldnt reach The Lamb
My only hope was to get the deck of card and cycle through it until I got a Joker card, but I had already pick it up earlier.
Sadness.

Dont do drugs kids.

dosh

If you have certain followers/orbitals you might be able to. Most of the time it does seem pretty useless, though.
Yup. Revenge fly and Leech work really well with Gnawed Leaf. Revenge fly is basically "get hit, stand still, enjoy the rampage".
(cool avatar btw)

L00P

Picked up dead cat on the first floor and hoped for the best. It feels pretty awesome to reverse your terrible run by transforming into Guppy

David___

Banned
Did any dev mention a patch for the PS4 so unlocks would actually unlock? The platinum trophy is literally impossible to get atm.

Top Bottom