• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Gilby

Just tried it. Died twice at the 1st boss (different each run).

But Im not sure if I get this game. Everytime I die I lose everything and need to start again? There are no benefits for aquiring something each run?

Welcome to Rogue-likes, the genre that rewards actual experience instead of imaginary experience statistics :)

Kssio_Aug

Welcome to Rogue-likes, the genre that rewards actual experience instead of imaginary experience statistics :)

Ok, I see. Its like spelunky.
Well, I will try it again later. Am not the biggest fan of this kind of mechanics though.

Akronis

Is anyone on PC getting weird random frame drops? Even in the menu, it'll sit at 60 and then randomly drop to 56 or even 49.

It's causing some really annoying stuttering in game.

i7-4930K at 4.6GHz
2xGTX 980s (Tested SLI on and off)
32GB RAM

EDIT:

Ok I think I fixed it? Disabled a shit ton of misc services (SVN server stuff, apache, and Oculus Rift service). Looks to be running good now. Will report back if it changes.

Komo

Banned
Is anyone on PC getting weird random frame drops? Even in the menu, it'll sit at 60 and then randomly drop to 56 or even 49.

It's causing some really annoying stuttering in game.

i7-4930K at 4.6GHz
2xGTX 980s (Tested SLI on and off)
32GB RAM

32GB RAM??

Anyone having issues with the PS4 version? I just went into a room and the game froze for a second before turning into a loading screen that hasn't gone away. I have to restart the game.

MNC

So, is the donation machine supposed to get stuck?
Also, file select you cannot see which file has data on it or not.

Hoping for a big master patch coming out soon

Nzyme32

Managed to finish Mom in 67 minutes - after never managing to beat Mom in the first one with around 60 hours of play

Not sure if too easy or extremely lucky

- maxed out health
- quad shot
- at least 3x dmg
- normal tears

jblank83

what are the chances for the devil/angel rooms to appear?

I don't remember the actual percentages, but the odds are significantly increased by not taking damage on a level. If you take spirit (blue) heart damage, that doesn't count. Only red heart damage counts.

This is assuming the mechanics are the same in Rebirth as the original.

Nzyme32

So, is the donation machine supposed to get stuck?
Also, file select you cannot see which file has data on it or not.

Hoping for a big master patch coming out soon

This happened on my playthrough just now - couldn't even blow it up despite it giving money back the first time

Kinsei

Banned
Quick question. I made it to a boss and on the bottom of the Isaac vs screen it said double trouble and I had to fight two of the boss. Was that a random occurrence or was it specific to that boss?

Uh...what the...what just...

New room type spoilers

Used two keys to unlock a room with a giant picture of a die on it's 4 face and shit just got trippy. I think the room automatically rerolls...something?

Fucking weird.

Also, familiars are about 10x better in this. No collision or maximum.

On my third run I found a bug where I beat Larry Jr. and got Speed Ball, and when I picked it up I moved involuntarily to the boss room door and got stuck in a walking animation. Nothing responded so I had to reset the PC.

Ferrio

Banned
Quick question. I made it to a boss and on the bottom of the Isaac vs screen it said double trouble and I had to fight two of the boss. Was that a random occurrence or was it specific to that boss?

Random occurrence it seems. New to rebirth.

Man I keep getting stuck with shit items.

Also the donation box.. not sure the deal with it. Seems like you donate money and it stores it between runs and you can bomb to get it back? I have no idea.

I know it said I leveled my shop with it..

Akai__

New room type spoilers

Used two keys to unlock a room with a giant picture of a die on it's 4 face and shit just got trippy. I think the room automatically rerolls...something?

Fucking weird.

The 1 rerolled items you already and the 3 rerolled pick up items on the floor. Saw that on Cobaltstreaks stream. Don't know if that's the case like every time or random as well.

Puru

Beat the womb on first try, i'm pretty impressed by the amount of new mobs in that map.
Also, the new womb final boss is so much better, and the music is pretty good aswell.

New room spoiler:
After mom, before going to the womb i had one of the wall with a giant hole in it, i entered a gigantic room with several item, picked up one, won't describe it and after that i pretty much had to kill around 14-16+ bosses in a row, two at the same time.

Honestly i'm not a fan of the visual, i generally don't mind pixel art at all but it just looks strange, the black outline are so fucking big imo, and with the flash filter it's even worse. Oh well i will just put up with it.

I think i'll give it a spin on Vita for now, just to see if it's really an issue with my comp that it feels so slow or it's just in my head. Also comfy bed.

Hugstable

Banned
Enjoying alot of the new features, but I really miss the music and think it hurts the overall game a bit without that awesome boss music and dungeon tracks. Oh well it's still just as fun as the original Binding of Issac.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I've never played the original, so this is going to be interesting. It's currently downloading on my Vita right now, so I'll try and play it a bit later on. I'm still working through Persona 3 Portable, and I'm getting close to the end of that one.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Omg this intro scene T_T
I love the weirded up mind of Edmund McMillen.
Might have to watch Indie Game : The Movie again.

darksagus

Here are a couple vita screens, I havent played it that much so far:

VCbGDTn.jpg

oDQV0jo.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
I just got orbiting tears + ring worm. It's like contra's spiral shot that orbits around you. I just go into a room hold a button and pray the tears hit. Here's hoping I get knife/brimstone with it.

Sifl

What's up with the room with
a giant dice on the ground? I stepped on it and got like 5 or 6 random items. Can this room give you a negative effect or do you always get items?

rybrad

What's up with the room with
a giant dice on the ground? I stepped on it and got like 5 or 6 random items. Can this room give you a negative effect or do you always get items?
I got that and it rerolled the floor and started me at the beginning of the floor.

ZenaxPure

Feels weird to play with buttons/sticks, but, I am digging the vita version a lot so far. Had a pretty godly first run item wise which was funny. Didn't realize there would be soooo many changes though, found quite a few more new enemy types than I realized there would be and the different shape/sized rooms is crazy. Pretty awesome.

-PXG-

New room type spoilers

Fucking weird.

It re rolls all items on the floor

-PXG-

Anyone else find the super SUPER secret room ;)

It was on stream earlier today. The chance of finding it is VERRRRRRY slim.

Ozium

played one run before I go out to dinner in a minute... the map frankly sucks, it's hard to see and bringing up the larger map is almost worse somehow.

that and the resolution scaling in fullscreen seems weird, I thought this was a bullet point on the back of the box

plays really smooth tho, dat 60fps

Top Bottom