• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

Is there a list of good seeds for trophies for the Vita EU version?

Try PC/PS4 seeds on the rebirth wiki. Best I can tell they're not platform specific at all, but you do need all unlocks (and the seed needs to have been with all unlocks) to be sure it'll work.

Edit: Be warned that you're on a version before Dead Boy is possible so plat isn't possible. Ideally you can get on 1.03 and plat before the nerfs and exploit fixes. OR alternately 1.04 on PS fixes trophy bugs retroactively but I wouldn't get your hopes up

Manu

Just killed The Lamb with Isaac for the last kill I needed with him before moving on to the other characters. Trophy did not unlock.

I'm seriously considering stop playing the game until they fix the trophy bug.

SerTapTap

Just killed The Lamb with Isaac for the last kill I needed with him before moving on to the other characters. Trophy did not unlock.

I'm seriously considering stop playing the game until they fix the trophy bug.

UNless I'm mistaken there's not even a trophy for that.

NEO0MJ

I had this happen once on Blue Baby...but I had Dead Cat. To my somewhat surprise they stay dead.

The game saves the moment you beat the boss, it seems. I got an achievement and unlocked something when I beat him. Didn't get to see the ending, though.

Question. What happens when you open the big chest you receive for beating Mom's Heart and the angel room appears?

SerTapTap

I'll leave you with this delightful thought from the Isaac subreddit

The game saves the moment you beat the boss, it seems. I got an achievement and unlocked something when I beat him. Didn't get to see the ending, though.

Question. What happens when you open the big chest you receive for beating Mom's Heart and the angel room appears?

See if the ending is in the Stats page, I would hope so.

Just go in the angel room when that happens, no reason to touch the chest.

NEO0MJ

See if the ending is in the Stats page, I would hope so.

Just go in the angel room when that happens, no reason to touch the chest.

Checked it and yeah, it does have the ending! That's good. I was so mad when I died after beating him, he was really tough. Would have touching the giant chest chest after beating him just given me the ending?

SerTapTap

Checked it and yeah, it does have the ending! That's good. I was so mad when I died after beating him, he was really tough. Would have touching the giant chest chest after beating him just given me the ending?

It'll show the ending and give you the unlock...basically what you got anyway. It's only really a problem if you die to a boss when there's another floor to go to I guess.

NEO0MJ

It'll show the ending and give you the unlock...basically what you got anyway. It's only really a problem if you die to a boss when there's another floor to go to I guess.

Yeah, that would be a problem. Didn't look like anything happened in the room though after I won.

Tactics18

Found a fix for trophies not unlocking on PS4/Vita (from another forum):

- Upload your save file in-game using sync
- Delete every save file you have
- Restart your game (actually for me only restarting the console did the trick)
- Download your saves. Trophies should pop
- If not all trophies unlocked repeat the process

SerTapTap

Oh wow, hadn't thought of that, should have tried on my Vita since it doesn't really matter if I screw that one up. Too late for me now, can anyone confirm that one?

Manu

Thanks! Gonna try this when I get home.

Burnburn

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I need a bit of help!

So 2 days ago I completed all of the
"The Lost"
challenges and now I only have to collect every item to get Platinum God and
Real Platinum God
. 3-4 of those items are secret room items, I also still need Godhead and the Steven head. I've done 4 complete runs and didn't get shit from the secret room and I've also haven't seen Steven in something like 10 runs. Anyone know some methods of forcing the RNG a little more to my favour?

Also, when exactly does a Devil/Angel room dissapear? I'm a little afraid to exit one since it could dissapear.

BigAT

"The Lost"
Real Platinum God
. 3-4 of those items are secret room items, I also still need Godhead and the Steven head. I've done 4 complete runs and didn't get shit from the secret room and I've also haven't seen Steven in something like 10 runs. Anyone know some methods of forcing the RNG a little more to my favour?

Also, when exactly does a Devil/Angel room dissapear? I'm a little afraid to exit one since it could dissapear.

Doing runs solely with Isaac and using the D6 whenever you get one of those rooms should certainly help.

SerTapTap

"The Lost"
Real Platinum God

If you're on Playstation, use BASE MENT with the seed exploit, get a Sharp Plug, D6, NOT nine volt and just plow through secret rooms until one has an item (you can use seeds directly to get some items, but I needed BASE MENT to find 1 up). Otherwise, do the same thing in normal runs, just agonizingly slowly because secret rooms extremely rarely have items. D6 is the key here though because secret room items are very rare and several of them aren't what you need. You can just repeatedly go through the first floor with Isaac since you start with 1 bomb and 1 charge of the D6. But there's no easy way.

Steven is fairly rare and the only good way to ensure you get him is to fight Steven (already pretty rare) while having the Little Steve item (for some reason he's in the normal boss pool as well as Steven's pool). Rerolling Steven's drops might work...I'm not sure if that will reroll into Steven's pool or boss room pool...probably boss room though.

Burnburn

Doing runs solely with Isaac and using the D6 whenever you get one of those rooms should certainly help.

If you're on Playstation, use BASE MENT with the seed exploit, get a Sharp Plug, D6, NOT nine volt and just plow through secret rooms until one has an item (you can use seeds directly to get some items, but I needed BASE MENT to find 1 up). Otherwise, do the same thing in normal runs, just agonizingly slowly because secret rooms extremely rarely have items. D6 is the key here though because secret room items are very rare and several of them aren't what you need. You can just repeatedly go through the first floor with Isaac since you start with 1 bomb and 1 charge of the D6. But there's no easy way.

Steven is fairly rare and the only good way to ensure you get him is to fight Steven (already pretty rare) while having the Little Steve item (for some reason he's in the normal boss pool as well as Steven's pool). Rerolling Steven's drops might work...I'm not sure if that will reroll into Steven's pool or boss room pool...probably boss room though.

Thanks for the help. I'm not on playstation unfortunately and I've also been doing Isaac runs. Seems like I have to suck it up and grind hard. For now I'll just keep doing full runs since I still need godhead and Steven. Sigh, back to grinding!

Edit: Would taking stuff into a secret room that spawns items (judgement card, Pandora's box) work? From which pool would they draw their items?

I don't know why they added so many curses that fuck up speed running in this game. The Curse of the Lost (and the amnesia pill) add a hell of a lot of (unnecesary) time to a floor, and so is the Maze.

EDIT: And I've gotten so many Curses of The Blind in Boss Rush runs its not even funny.

SerTapTap

Thanks for the help. I'm not on playstation unfortunately and I've also been doing Isaac runs. Seems like I have to suck it up and grind hard. For now I'll just keep doing full runs since I still need godhead and Steven. Sigh, back to grinding!

Edit: Would taking stuff into a secret room that spawns items (judgement card, Pandora's box) work? From which pool would they draw their items?

If you can spawn a pedestal item (you need Pandora's box on the right floor, Judgement or Suicide King), AND reroll it, yes. I think the items will be of their normal pool until you reroll them, then they take on the pool of the room you're in (this is why you can reroll Angel's keys into angel room items). This makes Pandora's box hard to use because you have to use it on the floor you find it, and not all floors spawn pedestals. Judgement is by far the easiest to obtain and use, but even then there's quite a few secret room items that aren't secret room exclusive so it could take a few rerolls.

I don't know why they added so many curses that fuck up speed running in this game. The Curse of the Lost (and the amnesia pill) add a hell of a lot of (unnecesary) time to a floor, and so is the Maze.

What would be cool is more special seeds (maybe even mix and match special seeds), like a no-curse one.

BigAT

I think I AM ERROR rooms also spawn secret room items. At least I finally got Transcendence yesterday from an I AM ERROR room and I think that is a Secret Room only spawn. Not that this helps very much considering how rare those rooms are as well. It does help a bit if you have that item with the high chance to teleport you to an Error Room (Undefined I think it's called).

Secret Room items are indeed quite rare. For example, I have 80+ hours played or whatever, enough runs to have beaten everything with every character (aside from Lost), and I still don't have 1UP even though that is unlocked from the beginning.

SerTapTap

I think I AM ERROR rooms also spawn secret room items. At least I finally got Transcendence yesterday from an I AM ERROR room and I think that is a Secret Room only spawn. Not that this helps very much considering how rare those rooms are as well. It does help a bit if you have that item with the high chance to teleport you to an Error Room (Undefined I think it's called).

Secret Room items are indeed quite rare. For example, I have 80+ hours played or whatever, enough runs to have beaten everything with every character (aside from Lost), and I still don't have 1UP even though that is unlocked from the beginning.

1 up was my last item actually. There weren't even any seeds for it on the wiki (and I tried rerolling all secret room item seeds--none of THEM lead to 1 up either).

Undefined is pretty sweet, though you have to be careful if you want to get the boss item since there's no escape but the hatch from I Am Error rooms. What's in that room is often better than a boss drop though I guess.

Burnburn

Actually this is a very helpfull tip, I might just grind the first floor to get undefined and then hope for the best. I wish you could hold two space items, D6 + Undefined would make this very easy ;_;.

BigAT

Yeah. There are now items that let you hold two trinkets and two pills/cards/etc., I wonder if an upgrade that allowed two space bar items could be in the expansion.

SerTapTap

2 Use items would exponentially increase the amount of broken combos though. I mean, you could keep Soul Converter and Guppy's Paw for the whole run and both are fairly common, and I'm sure there's tons more.

Duxxy3

EDIT: And I've gotten so many Curses of The Blind in Boss Rush runs its not even funny.

Doing random runs (non-seeded) seems kind of pointless in rebirth. There's too many items, too many curses, just way too much RNG now. The changes to the heart system has also had a huge effect on chest runs.

Seeded runs or a modified game are the best bets for speed running rebirth, at least IMO.

CassSept

Did they change Isaac or what. I just wasted 4 lives on the fight during the beam from the sky even though I stand in the opposite corner, it almost NEVER hit me there and it's hitting me every time when I reached him with The Lost. What the f.

Edit: Bah, died on Blue Baby. What a load of bullshit, I basically had the perfect storm - 9 Lives, Mantle, Infamy, decent damage output with spectral tears, I was basically invincible throughout most of the run and then Isaac started completely bullshitting me, spawning beams on top of me in phase two and the aforementioned spawning beams where there should be no beams, every single attempt when I don't think it ever happened before (though I am aware that is possible). Ate through 7 of my lives and I was done later on. I'm so so so angry.

E2: And 3 Dollar Bill decided to grant me freaking Proptosis for the Blue Baby. FFS.

Been playing as Eve all morning. Fuck Eve.

Playing as
the Lost
for 30 hours now. Incredibly, I already beat
The Lamb
which is the harder of the super bosses IMO. Now I'm missing Boss Rush and the other side.

Doing random runs (non-seeded) seems kind of pointless in rebirth. There's too many items, too many curses, just way too much RNG now. The changes to the heart system has also had a huge effect on chest runs.

Seeded runs or a modified game are the best bets for speed running rebirth, at least IMO.

Clearing Boss Rush with a seed unlocks stuff? I thought It didn't.

SerTapTap

Playing as
the Lost
for 30 hours now. Incredibly, I already beat
The Lamb
which is the harder of the super bosses IMO. Now I'm missing Boss Rush and the other side.

Clearing Boss Rush with a seed unlocks stuff? I thought It didn't.

IMO Boss Rush was at least as hard if not the hardest. But I've had a lot of practice on that other final boss thanks to a cursed eye/no health/dead cat/guppy's collar run. Ugh.

And he means speed run as it trying for world record times, not just under 20 minutes for Boss Rush. If you're trying to really set a record, not using a seed doesn't really make sense anymore.

7 game losing streak. RNG is starting to piss me off. Not getting any health or dmg items is becoming very normal. Last run I actually had a good set of items, but then I picked up something that said "you feel balanced" which apparently shuffled my stats and made them garbage.

Ferrio

Banned
Cobalt got infinite strength cards.

edit: LOL he did it so much the game put him down to 1 heart for some reason.

RdJIamg.png

Genryu

Banned
Fucking Curse of Darkness. Every time I'm playing on my Vita and Curse of Darkness comes up, I have to book it to the boss room as soon as possible. That, or start a new game, because I can't see anything.

Just now, I went into one of those arena rooms where you have to fight 2 - 3 waves of enemies, and Monstro II nearly killed me.

In short, fuck Darkness.

aku:jiki

Cobalt got infinite strength cards.

edit: LOL he did it so much the game put him down to 1 heart for some reason.
dtphase did that break like a month ago! And that's kinda the problem with smaller Isaac streamers... They don't pace themselves and now I've seen every type of break imaginable. Game is starting to feel older than WotL did because of it. :(

Mengetsu

Just finished getting all the endings and did so much in the past two days....not one trophy has poped. Is my save file fucked? All that hard work :(

SerTapTap

I just saw it and tried it few times. Am i doing it wrong? No trophies are poping :(

I can't test it as I have the plat, but have you tried uploading, closing the game, deleting the local save file, then doing the sync? Just downloading it with a current save definitely doesn't do it as I did that several times while my trophies were broke

Mengetsu

I can't test it as I have the plat, but have you tried uploading, closing the game, deleting the local save file, then doing the sync? Just downloading it with a current save definitely doesn't do it as I did that several times while my trophies were broke
Yes i followed the steps including deleting the local save as i wasn't doing that before hand and i figured this was why it wasn't working. I'll try again later if not i might start a new file not sure yet.

Tactics18

Yes i followed the steps including deleting the local save as i wasn't doing that before hand and i figured this was why it wasn't working. I'll try again later if not i might start a new file not sure yet.

Make sure you're deleting all save files, even if they're empty.

And for me it only worked on the 4th or 5th attempt, so definitely keep trying.

My god it worked! I just watched eight trophies in a row pop, hahaha

Xeteh

So I'm pretty new to BoI. Hated the keyboard controls for the original game and joy2key never felt right.

I've been playing a ton of Rebirth since I got it through PS+, its a lot of fun. I just ruined a perfectly good run with Samson by picking up the Tick without knowing what it was. I had a lovely Fork just moments before. :(

hbkdx12

You just got me my platinum trophy. You are awesome!

Top Bottom