• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

CassSept

I seriously just need one run with Holy Mantle/Dead Cat and a decent build and I should be set, I can feel getting better with The Lost but when I get one of these two i get almost squat, hp ups galore and 'amazing' devil room items like Lord of the Pit or Satanic Bible.

Yeah. Picking up the Dead Cat with the Lost and dying once would make you invincible, but I thought it was already fixed in every version?

Due to Sony Europe patch for the Vita version in Europe had been massively delayed, it won't be released until next year.

DrunkDan

Yeah. Picking up the Dead Cat with the Lost and dying once would make you invincible, but I thought it was already fixed in every version?

Yeah I think we are still on version 1.01, we got the update that allows you to upload and download saves but that's it at the moment.

Absolutely killing me because I can't unlock godhead or the dead boy trophy and I've done pretty much everything else barring those two.

Due to Sony Europe patch for the Vita version in Europe had been massively delayed, it won't be released until next year.

Yeah I knew about that but for some reason I thought Dead Cat got fixed in 1.01. Crazy that pretty much nothing has been fixed for that version 2 months after release.

Tactics18

Trophies not unlocking on the PS4 is really annoying.
Got nothing for beating mom's heart 11 times, Issac, The Lamb. And I've beat them multiple times.

A shame because I'm really enjoying myself besides that. Haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time.

Tears Down pill is the absolutely worst thing in the game. Ugh.

I believe Amnesia is all around worse. Then again, I always try to reach the Boss Rush for the extra powerful items (most of the time it ain't worth it).

D20 is so utterly broken...

4uagUzg.jpg

Durante

I just had my best run yet, insane RNG.
Picture this: Magic Mushroom, Money = Power with 99 coins due to Humbling Bundle, and the Cancer trinket on top of various other smaller power upgrades. I literally killed mom's heart in less than 20 seconds, of course Shadowplay wasn't on due to me not re-enabling it after a driver update :/

Afrodium

Banned
Picture this: Magic Mushroom, Money = Power with 99 coins due to Humbling Bundle, and the Cancer trinket on top of various other smaller power upgrades. I literally killed mom's heart in less than 20 seconds, of course Shadowplay wasn't on due to me not re-enabling it after a driver update :/

If Mom's Heart in 20 seconds is your best then you ain't seen nothing yet. Keep at it and soon you'll find yourself in runs that kill Mom's Heart (or even later bosses) the instant you enter the room.

kgtrep

The past few days I also had problems with trophies not unlocking. What I did to get the trophies without starting a new game is to upload my save file, delete the save file, and then download the save file. It would take me several tries for trophies to pop up, and the game often crashed during the deletion, which meant I'd have to restart the game and does make this process cumbersome. I'm on ver 1.03 (Vita), though I'm not sure if that matters. Hope this works for you guys as well.

How is it even possible to beat the whole game with the character
The Lost
? Ugh, died in the womb with a really good run. Tons of shields and stuff?

CassSept

The Lost

The furthest I've gotten is Isaac/Satan, but basically yeah. Holy Mantle is a godsend and Dead Cat is GOAT. Stopwatch is an absolutely huge help too. You need every help you need because the game really isn't balanced around no-hit run so you can often get thrown into a scenario where you are left with nearly no chance to defend yourself.

SerTapTap

I believe Amnesia is all around worse. Then again, I always try to reach the Boss Rush for the extra powerful items (most of the time it ain't worth it).
No way, tears down permanently drops your DPs, amnesia at worst makes you clear extra rooms and miss a secret/super secret room

Celegus

My last run was Ipecac + Epic Fetus. Mom's heart (and nearly ever other boss) was dead in 1 second, only took one shot. Getting ridiculously overpowered is so much fun in this game.

The last time I had amnesia, it was pretty far down. So I drew the map on a piece of paper. Managed to find a secret room too.

The Lost

Shielded tears + holy mantle + that item that makes you invincible for 15 seconds + dead cat?

You'd definitely have to win the RNG lottery I think.

diablogod

Beat the lost room and the chest so far with The Lost character not using any glitches or shadyness. Still need boss rush with him...

Had a crazy good run just now for it now and blew it. I had stop watch (perma slow everything), lil stumpy for every room invulnerable, crazy tears up and dmg and I died to a champion mobs exploding, it's really hard to see champions with that stop watch slow down effect... DAMN YOU GAME!

Also to bigevilturtles question, beating it with the lost pretty much requires you to get dead cats 9 lives. Then just a solid run and you should be able to do it.

Ambitious

Having known next to nothing about the game, I tried it for the first time two days ago. I'm already addicted, surprisingly, as I'm usually not a fan of games like this.

Regarding upgrades, I'm having my best run ever right now. The most important effects are:
  • Maxed damage
  • Three familiars: Brother Bobby, Rotten Baby, Sister Maggy
  • I can fly
  • Goat Head: Guaranteed Devil Room after each boss
  • Fiery Tears with a chance of 1) shooting fear tears and 2) slowing down enemies
I've got many more items (there's only room left for three more in the "My Stuff" box), but I can't remember what they do.

CassSept

Beat the lost room and the chest so far with The Lost character not using any glitches or shadyness. Still need boss rush with him...

Had a crazy good run just now for it now and blew it. I had stop watch (perma slow everything), lil stumpy for every room invulnerable, crazy tears up and dmg and I died to a champion mobs exploding, it's really hard to see champions with that stop watch slow down effect... DAMN YOU GAME!

Also to bigevilturtles question, beating it with the lost pretty much requires you to get dead cats 9 lives. Then just a solid run and you should be able to do it.

Oh yeah, that happened to me once all the way in Womb II... really annoying.

What makes it even worse is that half the items are useless. HP Up is absolutely useless. Effect on hit items are useless. Wafer is useless. Celtic Cross is useless. Health restoration is useless. Books of Revelations/Satanic Bible is useless. There is just an absolutely huge number of items that have no effect whatsoever and if you get many of them one run it's soul crushing if it happens on a run that starts really well.

Manu

I had one of my best runs ever last night, started off really shitty but I found a reroll room on the Catacombs that gave me crazy tears. I was shooting flaming scythes that ate half the screen and killing everything in seconds.

...Then I died in The Chest because of a room full of red poop.

dosh

So what happens if you don't unlock a trophy. Are you just screwed and need a new save file?
This is what I had to do in order to unlock Something sticky. Bummer.

I love this game, perhaps even more than vanilla Isaac, but a detail baffles me since I started playing: the lack of brightness settings on the Vita version. The Depths level are way too dark, even with my Vita's brightness set to the highest.

Blech, my winning percent is about 2. Maybe I can't play dual stick shooters anymore because I feel like I'm having the worst timing finishing runs. The only time I can even beat mom and move on is when I get a laser weapon very early.

I had two funny runs right next to each other. The first run I got magnetic tear on the first level and then controllable tears on level 2. It made for an interesting run. The

The net run I got controlable tears on the first level and then magnetic tears on level 2. Basically the same run (mechanics wise) two runs in a row. Wish I had gotten the keys for it. It's fun to try.

saturnine

so yeah, I kinda sorta beat everything on hard with The Lost and Gohead didn't seem to unlock ? everything else (heart, body, mind, soul, d100, "0") appears in my Secrets, all my Lost icons are red on my character select screen. am I fucked ?
(dirty euro peasant/Vita here)

DrunkDan

so yeah, I kinda sorta beat everything on hard with The Lost and Gohead didn't seem to unlock ? everything else (heart, body, mind, soul, d100, "0") appears in my Secrets, all my Lost icons are red on my character select screen. am I fucked ?
(dirty euro peasant/Vita here)

Nope. We just have to wait for the update. All I have left to do is unlock and collect godhead (which in theory should just unlock once it's patched) then redo the dead boy trophy. Both of these are known problems on the EU version so I wouldn't worry too much.

saturnine

Nope. We just have to wait for the update. All I have left to do is unlock and collect godhead (which in theory should just unlock once it's patched) then redo the dead boy trophy. Both of these are known problems on the EU version so I wouldn't worry too much.
ah thanks. It would be nice if dead boy would unlock with the patch, I already met the requirements at least ten times :/
Guess I'll try to unlock and collect everything else. Is there any known bug with Plat God too?

DrunkDan

ah thanks. It would be nice if dead boy would unlock with the patch, I already met the requirements at least ten times :/
Guess I'll try to unlock and collect everything else. Is there any known bug with Plat God too?

I could be wrong but I don't think you can get plat god or real plat god without getting the other two first?

BigAT

2014-12-25 Patch 1.041
* Fix auto release of fire button after room transition

* Fix secret room placement

* Fix heart pickup distribution for local co-op

SerTapTap

Upgrades like "cross tears" seem so pointless. It's like 1 out of 10 shots it works.

Loki's Horns activates every time with a fairly low amount of luck (not that luck is a commonly raised stat), but yeah at base luck it's pretty dumb. It's great with Mom's Knife though as it seems to ignore the whole "chance" thing

Haunted

Reset

Trophies stopped popping up for me on the Vita version recently...
Do we know when the Devs will fix the trophy glitch?

Kuroyume

Banned
Come on guys, curse of the blind... remove it. Shouldn't be too hard, like comment out one line of code or something.

I honestly can't believe they thought this was a good idea. As much as the remake got many things right... This was so incredibly stupid. I could almost tolerate it if each roam had fireflies or something to lighten it up just a bit, but getting in a large room and being swarmed by spiders and flies is rough.

Edit: Actually, I mean Curse of Darkness. Curse of the blind isn't a big deal to me...

SerTapTap

Curse of Darkness is really only a problem on Vita or if your TV is set too dark. I actually kinda like it though it can be annoying with red poops.

Trophies stopped popping up for me on the Vita version recently...
Do we know when the Devs will fix the trophy glitch?

It's intermittent/random. Savescum before you get an important trophy, otherwise be prepared to get them on a second save file. Thanks to the seed exploit, most of them are pretty easy other than golden/plat/real plat god of course. Much to my delight, I got the beat the depths trophy (20 runs!) in about 4 minutes per run thanks to a ludovico seed.

I don't know if they've mentioned the trophy issue much. The 1.03 patch was supposed to fix trophies but it only seems to have for sure fixed Dead Boy, the intermittent issue still seems to happen, though I re-got all my trophies without issue on a second file.

Top Bottom