• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Ambitious

I just turned on my Vita for the first time since many weeks to play a bit of Isaac, but.. it's not there. Apparently, when it was on PS+, I only "bought" the PS4 version. Well, shit.

xzoowy

Finally completed the Suicide King Challenge. Thanks to Guppy's Head + Infestation 2, I didn't fire a single Ipacac tear the last 3 or 4 floors, just spider and fly damage. I killed Isaac in less than 1 secs that was insane.

Found a fix for trophies not unlocking on PS4/Vita (from another forum):

- Upload your save file in-game using sync
- Delete every save file you have
- Restart your game (actually for me only restarting the console did the trick)
- Download your saves. Trophies should pop
- If not all trophies unlocked repeat the process

You're my fucking hero.

This worked and I got like six trophies.

My trophies are totally fucked, I've beaten various final bosses with a few characters over the last week and got nothing. I also got a notification that I unlocked one of the "Something _____" things for clearing an area a number of times but the trophy didn't pop.

I have to try this fix later, I'm sure this will work but deleting my save scares me.

kgtrep

Haha, that's what I said (though much less clearly). Glad to see that it's working for everyone.

Here's another tip, on unlocking Super Bandage Girl and Super Meat Boy easily. I tested it on my Vita (ver 1.03).

2QAo4mJ.jpg

8OamjO5.jpg

I realized that we can use a seed and still get an achievement, if the seed is entered in a different file but we play the game in our main file. I found the seeds that guarantee the Book of Revelations item at the very first level and the four bandages (or four meats) from another game forum, so a credit goes to them.

Note, file #1 is what I'm playing, and file #2 is an empty one.

- Go to File Select menu. Select file #2, new run. With Isaac as main character, enter the seed G98Z MNSS or RKV8 O883 for Bandage Girl and Meat Boy, respectively.

- Go back to File Select menu. Select file #1 now, new run. Without entering a seed, play as Isaac, normal difficulty.

That's it. Enjoy your play. Just make sure to use the Book of Revelations at least once at each level.

rbanke

So I'm having a weird bug atm. Playing on my PS4 and I cant use the analog stick to walk right, (dpad works fine) and I can't use the X button to shoot (down on analog works fine). Swapped controllers, restarted the game, restarted the ps4, tested in other games and it works no problem. The buttons even work in Isaac in the menus, just not in game. Not sure whats going on, I deleted and am currently redownloading the game (499MB along with a 499MB update file, WTF Sony, start patching the download versions of these games...). Anyone run into this before?

EDIT: looks like it was the save, after redownloading it still did it so I deleted the local save and started a new run and it was fine, redownloaded my synced save (the one that was broken) and it works. Very strange problem.

SerTapTap

I realized that we can use a seed and still get an achievement, if the seed is entered in a different file but we play the game in our main file. I found the seeds that guarantee the Book of Revelations item at the very first level and the four bandages (or four meats) from another game forum, so a credit goes to them.

You don't need to switch save files, exiting out to the save file select is enough.

Jarsonot

What I'd really like to see in an update is a way to view the seed of the game I just played.

AGAIN I had an awesome run and forgot to write the damn seed down. I know it's my fault, and I can easily just pause anytime to get the seed, but it sure would be nice to not worry about that and view the seed after you've died.

Please, Nicalis.

SerTapTap

What I'd really like to see in an update is a way to view the seed of the game I just played.

AGAIN I had an awesome run and forgot to write the damn seed down. I know it's my fault, and I can easily just pause anytime to get the seed, but it sure would be nice to not worry about that and view the seed after you've died.

Please, Nicalis.

Yeah, a seed on the main menu after winning/dying would be great. Or a seed history of the last few games or something.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Haha, that's what I said (though much less clearly). Glad to see that it's working for everyone.

Here's another tip, on unlocking Super Bandage Girl and Super Meat Boy easily. I tested it on my Vita (ver 1.03).

2QAo4mJ.jpg

8OamjO5.jpg

Note, file #1 is what I'm playing, and file #2 is an empty one.

- Go to File Select menu. Select file #2, new run. With Isaac as main character, enter the seed G98Z MNSS or RKV8 O883 for Bandage Girl and Meat Boy, respectively.

- Go back to File Select menu. Select file #1 now, new run. Without entering a seed, play as Isaac, normal difficulty.

That's it. Enjoy your play. Just make sure to use the Book of Revelations at least once at each level.
Your bandage girl seed only gave me 3 bandages and 1 meat.

And your meat boy seed only gave me 3 meats and 1 bandage. Am I doing something wrong? Even with seeds I get these. So annoying.

NEO0MJ

Damn it, I lost to Satan in his giant Hoof form, with less than half health left. I feel there's no tell where it will land. Maybe I set the brightness too low and missed the shadow.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've run into issues where the seed changes depending on the difficulty. Maybe that's the problem?
I don't think so since I selected normal just like he said. Could it just be a random chance of whether you get bandage or meat? Is it possible that if I keep trying the seed eventually the 1 bandage I got will be a meat instead?

I don't think so since I selected normal just like he said. Could it just be a random chance of whether you get bandage or meat? Is it possible that if I keep trying the seed eventually the 1 bandage I got will be a meat instead?

Sounds like something the game would do.

I'm just not gonna worry about the meat/bandage cubes until they eventually patch it.

Question though: Am I the only one that hasn't fought the Daddy Long Legs or his alt in a proper boss room? Where would he even show up?

BigAT

I'm just not gonna worry about the meat/bandage cubes until they eventually patch it.

Question though: Am I the only one that hasn't fought the Daddy Long Legs or his alt in a proper boss room? Where would he even show up?

Womb I think? I fought him recently as a boss.

kgtrep

Sorry, I thought this would work for everyone; I didn't mean to mislead you if it doesn't. I'm not sure if there are things that can still be random once you enter a seed, other than which rooms a person clears and not clears.

The best I can say what I did is: play at normal difficulty with Isaac (I had unlocked the D6 but never used it); clear most, if not all rooms; and use the Book of Revelations at each level, whenever it's charged. If there are batteries lying around, use them to charge the book (free extra health).

Hope this works out for you, I Wanna Be The Guy. I once got three bandages using the Book of Revelations without entering a seed, only to get Conquest at the end (he dropped a white pony instead), so I know the frustration well. Normally I wouldn't use seeds, but with these two, I just don't see how they are possible without cheating in one way or another.

(Another thing that you can maybe try is to find and enter a different seed.)

SerTapTap

No, it's seeded not random. I think certain floors are supposed to give bandage/meat since one of the patches. Somewhere in this thread I posted the seeds I used to get both of them

He's just insanely rare. There's too many Womb only bosses considering the lone valid floor for them and it's usually just Mr Fred, Mama Gurdy or Conquest.

Finally done with everything with the normal characters on normal mode and unlocked the lost on my first try. I don't know if I want to get a full sticky with the lost on normal first or do some hard mode stuff with other characters.

Just had an interesting combo. Got the item that's short range mega tears then picked up Soy Milk. They pretty much canceled each other out and gave me short ranged wimpy tears. Shame, I thought it'd be cooler than that.

However, I wonder if would be different if I got them in the other order. Probably not since in the end, everything is just numbers in the background.

Manu

Sometimes the order you pick up things affects the results.

For example, picking Black Candle does nothing if you're already cursed. Found out the hard way, sadly.

SerTapTap

Just had an interesting combo. Got the item that's short range mega tears then picked up Soy Milk. They pretty much canceled each other out and gave me short ranged wimpy tears. Shame, I thought it'd be cooler than that.

However, I wonder if would be different if I got them in the other order. Probably not since in the end, everything is just numbers in the background.

It depends. Usually it won't matter as things are additive or override each other (tear modifiers are about the only things that tend to override) but some are multiplicative and/or order matters.

kgtrep

No, it's seeded not random. I think certain floors are supposed to give bandage/meat since one of the patches. Somewhere in this thread I posted the seeds I used to get both of them

Ugh, I wished I had seen your post before going at the two naively.

Finally got the last missing item, the Godhead (and the platinum trophy!). After many restarts, I got Eden to start with the Godhead. The seed that I had is CMNQ H484. Can someone try this out and verify that it works for you too?

SerTapTap

Ugh, I wished I had seen your post before going at the two naively.

Finally got the last missing item, the Godhead (and the platinum trophy!). After many restarts, I got Eden to start with the Godhead. The seed that I had is CMNQ H484. Can someone try this out and verify that it works for you too?

Eden counts as collection? Also WOAAAAAAHHHH Eden's items are seeded! I wouldn't have guessed that. So yeah that seed I guess counts as collecting Godhead.

Holy crap that's an awesome seed, Ipecac on floor 3 means the halos from tears are near insta-kill on their own

edit: I got Parasite, Godhead and Ipecac, sometimes when hitting a wall at an angle tears explode into way more than 2 split shots. WTF is that?

kgtrep

Eden counts as collection? Also WOAAAAAAHHHH Eden's items are seeded! I wouldn't have guessed that. So yeah that seed I guess counts as collecting Godhead.

Holy crap that's an awesome seed, Ipecac on floor 3 means the halos from tears are near insta-kill on their own

edit: I got Parasite, Godhead and Ipecac, sometimes when hitting a wall at an angle tears explode into way more than 2 split shots. WTF is that?

Haha, I haven't tried the rest of the run with that seed. As soon as I got the trophy, I quit the game to take a break. Glad to see it works and has interesting stuffs throughout.

ThisOne

I know we've talked about the problem with trophies not popping...anyone have a problem with the secrets not popping. Secret 12 is Small Rock which supposedly pops once you destroy 50 rocks. I've played the game for hours and hours (probably more than 30) and have clearly destroyed more than 50 rocks but I have not unlocked this secret yet.

Edit: I actually found another site that said they must be the tinted rocks that grant soul hearts. I guess I probably haven't destroyed 50 of those yet.

CassSept

Well I finally did it.

I finally got Super Meat Boy, Super Bandage Girl and pretty much every single other familiar available.

http://i.imgur.com/bUEwWcT.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's sad but that's pretty much the only way to get these two after they fixed the seed exploit.

microfolk

It's sad but that's pretty much the only way to get these two after they fixed the seed exploit.

I may be wrong but since one of the last patches it isn't possible anymore to find both meat parts and bandage parts? So if you find a Book of Revelations on the first floor it could be possible to get a full meat boy\bandage girl with a bit of luck, that is not fighting Conquest in Womb 1.
And to this day I still have to understand how I was able to get a full bandage girl, I think I had a level 2 one when I used the Monster Manual ONCE and I've got the achievement for completing her.

CassSept

I may be wrong but since one of the last patches it isn't possible anymore to find both meat parts and bandage parts? So if you find a Book of Revelations on the first floor it could be possible to get a full meat boy\bandage girl with a bit of luck, that is not fighting Conquest in Womb 1.
And to this day I still have to understand how I was able to get a full bandage girl, I think I had a level 2 one when I used the Monster Manual ONCE and I've got the achievement for completing her.

No, I don't think so.

You had a level 2 Bandage Girl and Monster Manual spawned level 2 Bandage Girl which added up I guess? That's how the Pyro/Sharp Plug trick works.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

He's just insanely rare. There's too many Womb only bosses considering the lone valid floor for them and it's usually just Mr Fred, Mama Gurdy or Conquest.

I think I found that post but the ones you posted are PS4. PS4 seeds aren't the same on Vita are they?

BigAT

Do people actually think that method is easier than restarting/rerolling for floor 1 Book of Revelations? Unless you're seed exploiting, getting that combo just seems like such a ridiculous impossibility to me.

I really didn't have that much trouble getting both achievements with early Revelations.

SerTapTap

I think I found that post but the ones you posted are PS4. PS4 seeds aren't the same on Vita are they?

Best I can tell seeds are NOT platform specific at all, they depend on unlocks though. I've tried over 20 "PC" seeds from the Rebirth wiki, all worked on PS4. Not 100% sure Vita is the same but I'm guessing so. Try it and report back I guess. I've been meaning to test it out more rigorously. I assume the PS ones have to be compatible though because of cross save.

CassSept

Do people actually think that method is easier than restarting/rerolling for floor 1 Book of Revelations? Unless you're seed exploiting, getting that combo just seems like such a ridiculous impossibility to me.

I really didn't have that much trouble getting both achievements with early Revelations.

I found Scapular way more often than Book of Revelations and the one time I did I got Conquest on Womb I. The Scapular/Sharp Plug combo is tedious and boring, yes, but it's guaranteed you get both achievements.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Best I can tell seeds are NOT platform specific at all, they depend on unlocks though. I've tried over 20 "PC" seeds from the Rebirth wiki, all worked on PS4. Not 100% sure Vita is the same but I'm guessing so. Try it and report back I guess. I've been meaning to test it out more rigorously. I assume the PS ones have to be compatible though because of cross save.
Your meat boy seed was the same as the other poster and once again it gave me 1 bandage instead of meat. Your bandage girl seed I'm not sure yet since when I tried it that teleporting item teleported me so that I skipped the boss on two levels. I'm gonna try it again and not teleport at all and see what happens.

Kerned

Banned

I've done this about five times now and not a single trophy has popped. Twice on Vita, three times on PS4. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this just isn't a guaranteed fix, but I continue to be really disappointed in Nicalis for the trophies being glitched in the first place.

SerTapTap

Your meat boy seed was the same as the other poster and once again it gave me 1 bandage instead of meat. Your bandage girl seed I'm not sure yet since when I tried it that teleporting item teleported me so that I skipped the boss on two levels. I'm gonna try it again and not teleport at all and see what happens.

Are you on 1.03? I recall a euro user not being able to use it because they changed how meat/bandage spawn

SerTapTap

I'm on whatever the latest one is on Vita EU. It says 1.01.

Ah, that's the problem then. You'll have to hunt down another seed, wait for the patch (I thought it was coming ASAP in 2015 due to holiday break), or suffer through monster manual. I'd recommend waiting for the patch if you don't have other seeds. 1.04 hasn't hit US yet so you should have some time between 1.03 and them fixing the seed exploit.

Gandalf

Got pretty lucky. Went for a Satan kill run with ???. Ended up breezing through and killing the Lamb too.

I basically had full tears, full damage. Ended up being Guppy too. I had the Daemons Tail, and the blue cross thing that travels behind you and spits on soul hearts every now and then. Plus the Satanic bible. Couldn't have been better if I wanted it to be.

I really want this platinum trophy.

I feel I am playing this game wrong. I'm playing it on the Vita. I never, ever, ever have come close to some of the ridiculous pics you all are posting. I've killed
Mom's heart
a few times now, and at most have had maybe 4 followers. Seeing all these crazy combinations, massive lists of broken upgrades...

Is everyone just insanely lucky, or is seed glitching the only way people know how to play? I try to get anywhere between 2-10 runs a day, depending on my schedule, and I'll be lucky if one of them has anything partly decent. Do I just need to play more, to unlock more?

Manu

I feel I am playing this game wrong. I'm playing it on the Vita. I never, ever, ever have come close to some of the ridiculous pics you all are posting. I've killed
Mom's heart
a few times now, and at most have had maybe 4 followers. Seeing all these crazy combinations, massive lists of broken upgrades...

Is everyone just insanely lucky, or is seed glitching the only way people know how to play? I try to get anywhere between 2-10 runs a day, depending on my schedule, and I'll be lucky if one of them has anything partly decent. Do I just need to play more, to unlock more?

Neither. The more you play with more characters, the more you unlock.

I'd say I'm halfway between your progress and some of the guys here.

Neither. The more you play with more characters, the more you unlock.

I'd say I'm halfway between your progress and some of the guys here.
Cool beans, thanks. I will say, I have put a fair amount of time into it, unlocked a lot of people, but I still only play as Isaac. I guess I should change that.

Top Bottom