• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

The_Poet

Banned
Found a dice room and ran over it, cant remember the number.

It made me the most OP fucker ever. Huge glowing green bullets fired in a cone in front of me, I had 4 familiars all firing different things and 9 hearts.

Was a good run.

OK, so, here's the deal, EU PSN Store. You update with The Binding of Isaac Vita RIGHT THE FUCK NOW, and I don't come round your house and smash all your cups.

Ditto for UK store. I don't know why I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs to be honest. There are so many things i could/should be doing, but oh well.

it's looking pretty bad, all the other PS+ games are up. Isaac isn't. It's even blacked out on the PS Blog post.

Binding of Isaac postponed indefinitely like with DriveClub?

zsswimmer

I dont understand why mouse support isn't included in the game. I bought it under the assumption that it was, and I cant be the only person who used their mouse to aim/shoot in the original game. It doesn't make any sense..

Kssio_Aug

it's looking pretty bad, all the other PS+ games are up. Isaac isn't. It's even blacked out on the PS Blog post.

Binding of Isaac postponed indefinitely like with DriveClub?

It will be ridiculous if true. Like, trully ridiculous. Wth is Sony doing??

Well, but trying not to overreact, thats still only an assumption. It may be updated today.

CassSept

Well shit, looks like I encountered a bug. And wasted an Eden token at the beginning of the run. Sigh.

E. Coli item turns mobs you touch into piles of poop. During the Haunt boss in the Cellar you first have to kill the adds for the boss to reveal itself. However, if one of the adds touches you and gets turned into poop it doesn't count as a kill, thus the fight cannot progress.

Watch out dudes.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
was about to ask that. used a seed someone shared here, and it didnt even count in the game :/

Oh yeah, if you seed a run it disables achievements. I'm talking about the cheat codes, though. I'm wondering if things like the scanline code would disable achievements even though it doesn't affect gameplay.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
h2yA4xD.png

Azazel + Polyphemus = GG

I beat Mom for the first time on Rebirth last night (the first end boss). I got a really shoddy run and had to face a boss with only a single heart left in one of the mid-to-late levels. I triumphed and then proceeded to obtain some god-tier luck and items and I faced Mom with so many advantages I was basically invincible. I think she only hit me once.

Never give up on a run.
Well I never give up on a run; I play them all out. However, when you get runs where you don't get any keys on the first 3 levels and you have to pass up tons of items and chests, you are kind of hosed. If more the feeling that my skill doesn't matter as much as what the next random run brings me.

Well I never give up on a run; I play them all out. However, when you get runs where you don't get any keys on the first 3 levels and you have to pass up tons of items and chests, you are kind of hosed. If more the feeling that my skill doesn't matter as much as what the next random run brings me.

1. No one should expect every run to be successful
2. This is a rogue-like. RNG is what it is.
3. Skill absolutely matters. Bad runs can be successful ones if you can out-skill the bad luck.
4. However, there are some absolutely no-win situations. For example, my wife got 2 speed downs and couldn't outrun one of the bosses. It was an impossible fight, but that is just how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

What I really love about this game is how much it captures the feel of Toe Jam and Earl. I've played a lot of rogue-likes and this is the only one that gives me that same vibe, which is a wonderful treat.

Now if they could only make a new platform game that captures the feeling of Toe Jam and Earl 2, I would be all set.

Haunted

I remember chasing after the Dark Boy achievement for several weeks in the original. Got it yesterday, didn't even notice.

feels good man

This game would be perfect if two options were added in.

1: option for original soundtrack

2: option to disable big rooms

Do that and I will have 0 complaints.
3: option so that every room is a big room.

They're my favourite part of Rebirth.

Mikke

I saw it on the EU store just an hour ago, I was on the train and wanted to have it downloaded once I got home. I clicked the button to put it in the shopping cart, it asked me to login. Once I was logged in my shopping cart was empty and the game was completely gone. So I guess the update happened but they decided to pull it?

Cess007

I find funny that at some games, i'm really good with the Vita and pretty bad on the PS4. Last night i played a couple of rounds in the PS4 and never could pass before the 3rd level. Then, i went to bed and played a round there, and made it to the last Boss. Mom killed me at the end, but had i hit her 2 more times i would have beat her.

So I beat Mom on my 3rd try. Found the game to be quite easy. And it didn't take long for me to roll the credits. Like an hour I think.

Am I missing something here??? What's the appeal of doing it over again?? Can someone please help me?? Lol

So I beat Mom on my 3rd try. Found the game to be quite easy. And it didn't take long for me to roll the credits. Like an hour I think.

Am I missing something here??? What's the appeal of doing it over again?? Can someone please help me?? Lol

It's randomly generated. And Mom isn't the final boss.

Are you playing on normal? If so then switch to hard. I beat Mom on my first try playing on normal. Hard feels a lot more like og BoI.

Mom is the first step. Beating the game multiple times, with different characters, and doing particular stuff, unlock new bosses, items and so on.

Beating mom is just the beginning.
Little spoiler
Mom is on level 6, the actual final boss is on level 10, or even beyond that if they added another one. And those levels are way harder.

should have updated already and all the other titles mentioned in the Blog post for today are available.

Nicalis also screwed us over 1001 Spikes that is simply not available in the EU store :/

None of the other games are there. None of the Plus ones, anyway. That Minutes and whatever is there. But BOI isn't the only one missing.

Top Bottom