• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

I think I know what enemies you're talking about. You need to kill the hearts to destroy the masks.

I believe you're talking about the new enemies that are tied to the other enemies in the room - they're invulnerable, but if you kill everything else in the room the flying masks will die.

Alternately they're those old ones that die when you kill their vulnerable hearts that are separate. Either way, kill the other stuff in the room and you should be all right.

Hit their brain.

Are you talking about the Masks? Unless this is a new Rebirth enemy then there should be a heart that controls them. That's what you should be targeting.

Edit: I guess this is a new enemy. Haven't run into them yet.

Kill everything else in the room and they'll self-destruct

Thanks for the quick replies! There wasn't a heart in the room, in fact I had just dealt with a group of them and a heart a few rooms earlier...popped the heart and down they went. It may be as C.Olimar says and they were tied to other enemies in the room. There were some flies (or maybe spiders) that kept respawning, but with the sun coming up towards the end of my commute, it was hard as hell to tell what was going on.

Ferrio

Banned
Thanks for the quick replies! There wasn't a heart in the room, in fact I had just dealt with a group of them and a heart a few rooms earlier...popped the heart and down they went. It may be as C.Olimar says and they were tied to other enemies in the room. There were some flies (or maybe spiders) that kept respawning, but with the sun coming up towards the end of my commute, it was hard as hell to tell what was going on.

Oh there's new enemies that fly around in diagonal directions and will automatically die if you kill all the other enemies.

marrec

Banned
I've been playing the PS4 version, does it seem really dark to anyone else?

The Vita version is exceptionally dark. I didn't notice it too much on the PS4 version but it does have a Gamma slider doesn't it?

The Vita version doesn't have a gamma slider so the Caves end up being very very hard to navigate because it seems darker than the other versions. Need an update to brighten it up a bit.

dLMN8R

It seems like I'm hitting far more rooms in this game than the original with completely un-reachable items. Almost every game I've played, there's some impossible gap with items on the other side on the first floor of the basement.

I know there are items to get across those gaps, but I could have sworn most of those rooms wouldn't show up until the 2nd or 3rd floor, and would show up less often, giving you a better chance of being able to reach them.

Unless I'm missing something?

Is this not on the EU?

We've got Escape Plan instead?

In this another Censor by Sony EU? Wtf?

edit:

Thanks. Just used the links above and went via browser but it's £11.99

I thought this was supposed to be free on PS+. I'm pretty sure that what has been said. Am I wrong?

Oh there's new enemies that fly around in diagonal directions and will automatically die if you kill all the other enemies.

Ah, good to know. I guess I couldn't see a way to kill them because...

The Vita version is exceptionally dark. I didn't notice it too much on the PS4 version but it does have a Gamma slider doesn't it?

The Vita version doesn't have a gamma slider so the Caves end up being very very hard to navigate because it seems darker than the other versions. Need an update to brighten it up a bit.

This was seriously messing up my runs this morning. Even a little natural light and it's basically unplayable. Maybe I'll start taking a pillowcase to wear over my head.

Roboter

Neo Member
you don't have to wait for the discount, just order it and it will show up as 0€ at checkout. downloading it now!

Edit: ordered it via chrome on pc, not on ps4

Ferrio

Banned
It seems like I'm hitting far more rooms in this game than the original with completely un-reachable items. Almost every game I've played, there's some impossible gap with items on the other side on the first floor of the basement.

I know there are items to get across those gaps, but I could have sworn most of those rooms wouldn't show up until the 2nd or 3rd floor, and would show up less often, giving you a better chance of being able to reach them.

Unless I'm missing something?

You can also blow up rocks to make a bridge.

If you position a bomb on a side of a rock, it'll blow up to the opposite direction covering up 1 square gaps.

Also tons of items that give you the ability to fly or cross gaps.

marrec

Banned
This was seriously messing up my runs this morning. Even a little natural light and it's basically unplayable. Maybe I'll start taking a pillowcase to wear over my head.

It's funny,
The Womb
and
Sheol
are both brighter than the Caves on the Vita which makes the Caves waay harder than it needs to be. Even enemy shots seem dimmer on those levels. :-/

Hasney

you don't have to wait for the discount, just order it and it will show up as 0€ at checkout. downloading it now!

Edit: ordered it via chrome on pc, not on ps4

First time I tried it, it was still coming up £11.99 at checkout. Works now though, cheers!

GhaleonEB

I was playing on PS4 this morning, just a quick run, and early on my health/hearts disappeared so I couldn't see how much I had left. They stayed gone until I died.

Is that a feature or a bug? I'm not sure why they went invisible.

Ferrio

Banned
I was playing on PS4 this morning, just a quick run, and early on my health/hearts disappeared so I couldn't see how much I had left. They stayed gone until I died.

Is that a feature or a bug? I'm not sure why they went invisible.

New curse type.

Finalow

so can anyone confirmed the cross-save/cross-trophies? I wouldn't like to start playing on vita and then starting over on ps4.

same for the trophy list.

Top Bottom