• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Obscura

Room:
Anyone know what Isaac's room is for? I tried bombing his bed to no results as well as running into it numerous times from all four sides. I'm guessing you need a specific item to use the room.

Given this a few hours and I'm done. I've tried, but found it impossible to see any of the good things in it that everyone else seems to, and my experience has just been horrible. Haven't really enjoyed it even slightly.

Ferrio

Banned
Room:
Anyone know what Isaac's room is for? I tried bombing his bed to no results as well as running into it numerous times from all four sides. I'm guessing you need a specific item to use the room.

Heals you if you sleep in it, also you can bomb the carpet reveals a trap door. Door goes to lower level or item room.

Is it permanent? And is there a way to tell what caused it so I don't repeat?

Curses are random when you enter a new floor. Most the time you get nothing, sometimes you'll get a curse and it'll say "Curse of Darkness, Curse of Unknown etc". It'll disappear when you get to a new floor. Also I believe there's a new item that disables all curses.

so can anyone confirmed the cross-save/cross-trophies? I wouldn't like to start playing on vita and then starting over on ps4.

same for the trophy list.
The cross-save didn't seem to work yesterday, but there is one shared trophy list that says PS4 and PS Vita next to each other.

I also wanted to say that this may be my favorite game this year. Super surprisingly good.

Sciz

It can REALLY fuck you over though.

Oh yeah. Just because you can reroll every room doesn't mean you should. Great for wiping out those tough rooms your build isn't suited for, but leave the fly swarms alone. Really cool item all the same. I want to get my hands on it again in conjunction with a 9-volt for some real reroll madness.

PSOreo

Have I misread things or is Binding of Issac not free on PS+? I thought it was part of the Instant Game Collecion this month?

It's funny,
The Womb
and
Sheol
are both brighter than the Caves on the Vita which makes the Caves waay harder than it needs to be. Even enemy shots seem dimmer on those levels. :-/

I'm still getting the hang of things, so the Caves is pretty much where I'm at. I can't even tell the difference between floors and pits FFS. I did get a chuckle out of the game throwing a curse of darkness on me at one point. I already have that!

-PXG-

I can't stop thinking about this game. I'm at work and all I wanna do is play. It's everything and more than what I wanted. I've followed the announcements up until release a watch Cobalt nearly everyday after work. It's feels great to see a game live up to it's hype and see so many people enjoy it.

Oh, and the new music is great. Perhaps a few remixes of classic tracks would be nice, but the new stuff is far from terrible.

arhra

Try putting it in your cart and check there.

Did it with he PS4 version and the total in my cart was 0.

I'm seeing the Vita version as free, but the PS4 version is still full price.

R6hBWeg.png

SerTapTap

Whoa, Azazel starts with
flight and brimstone
. That's radical.

YESSSSSSSSS I need to unlock this ASAP.

"This product is Playstation Plus exclusive. You will need a subscription to play it."

What.
The.
Fuck.

I think that is a relic of some games having "PS+ versions" and there's actually two items on the store. If you want to actually buy it, the non-PS+ version (surprise) doesn't require PS+. I thought they stopped doing this though, it was always a shitty way to handle something that should never be exposed to the user anyway.

I was playing on PS4 this morning, just a quick run, and early on my health/hearts disappeared so I couldn't see how much I had left. They stayed gone until I died.

Is that a feature or a bug? I'm not sure why they went invisible.

It is certainly possible you got a bad item, pill or something that did that.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man it feels good to see how active this thread is, here's hoping for some fun community tournaments using seeds :)

-PXG-

Oh and this game has the easiest and most functional cross save feature I've encountered. Fez was sort of buggy. Rebirth's works exactly as it should between the Vita and PS4. No issues at all

Haunted

I was playing on PS4 this morning, just a quick run, and early on my health/hearts disappeared so I couldn't see how much I had left. They stayed gone until I died.

Is that a feature or a bug? I'm not sure why they went invisible.
That's a curse. Curse of Darkness hides your heart counter.

Ferrio

Banned
Man it feels good to see how active this thread is, here's hoping for some fun community tournaments using seeds :)

It'll be neat to see what Cobalt and Dick Hammer come up with. Their tournies by far were the best. Nice of crumps getting the ball rolling... but man he always sounded like a asshole when I'd watch streams. Not to mention heart runs are so boring.

That's a curse. Curse of Darkness hides your heart counter.

Believe it's Curse of the Unknown. Darkness literally makes it dark.

Haunted

Believe it's Curse of the Unknown. Darkness literally makes it dark.
Oh, right. Curse of Darkness used to be the one that hid information from the player (the map) in the original Isaac.

The new lighting engine opens cool opportunities for the darkness curse, it was a good choice for challenge #1.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh, right. Curse of Darkness used to be the one that hid information from the player (the map) in the original Isaac.

The new lighting engine opens cool opportunities for the darkness curse, it was a good choice for challenge #1.

I almost lost that challenge then I found a knife and unicorn stump (not horn). You become invincible.

Leezard

I just found Guppy's Paw and Soul Converter, and I have them in the same room.

One converts 1 heart container into 3 soul hearts, and the other converts 2 soul hearts into 1 heart container. Infinite life go?

edit: seems like two rows of hearts is the max. Still, I went from 1 heart container to 10 just from these two items.

Ferrio

Banned
I just found Guppy's Paw and Soul Converter, and I have them in the same room.

One converts 1 heart container into 3 soul hearts, and the other converts 2 soul hearts into 1 heart container. Infinite life go?

edit: seems like two rows of hearts is the max. Still, I went from 1 heart container to 7 just from these two items.

Unfortunately you can't have more than 12 hearts anymore. I mean it's good it's gone... but having 100 hearts was always fun.

Afrodium

Banned
Given this a few hours and I'm done. I've tried, but found it impossible to see any of the good things in it that everyone else seems to, and my experience has just been horrible. Haven't really enjoyed it even slightly.

If you ever want to give it another shot, I'd recommend checking out a Let's Play of the original by someone like Northerlion or Bisnap. You could also try hopping on Twitch right now to watch them play Rebirth. The game can be quite cryptic at first, so it might take seeing people play who really know the game to make it 'click'. I enjoyed the original right off the bat, but I wasn't hooked until I looked at the Wiki and saw some experience players and realized how deep the game actually is.

Leezard

Unfortunately you can't have more than 12 hearts anymore. I mean it's good it's gone... but having 100 hearts was always fun.

Yeah, I got to 10 hearts + 1 soul heart as the maximum. 9 heart containers gained is extremely good at least. This is an Azazel run, and I have 10 heart containers, haha.

Danielsan

Just watched a bit of Giant Bomb's rather cynical quick look. Man the music sure is a downgrade. Still contemplating whether I should get this on Vita now, or wait for a discount (not a PS+ member).

marrec

Banned

Yea I was real disappointed when I got Dark Baby Familiar and I couldn't pick up anymore soul hearts after 12. BAH!

Top Bottom