• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

mattp

sigh
is anyone else having issues with the cross save?
i go to sync on my vita and it just says unknown error

i wanna play on my ps4 dammit

darksagus

I had a proptosis + a fear effect + some damage items, gg. I really like proptosis, it's like a short range higher tear rate poly

dralla

Damnit I found some good items and all of the sudden in the middle of a room the game goes to a loading screen and just sits there. I had to quit out.

What's up with those doors with the swords on them? Why do they sometimes open and other times not?

Damnit I found some good items and all of the sudden in the middle of a room the game goes to a loading screen and just sits there. I had to quit out.

What's up with those doors with the swords on them? Why do they sometimes open and other times not?

Challenge rooms. You can only enter them if you have full health. If the door has swords and a skull then it's a boss challenge room which you can only enter if you have 1 heart or less.

Grief.exe

Downloaded it on Vita and played 10 min. What the hell is this? Is this suppose to be good?

ibaQWunmnuEq8.gif

Dammit, 30 minutes into a run, in the final zone, and as i was shooting a large sentient poop my game just went black and seems to have crashed into an unprompted loading screen. Bah.

Edit: hah, see that it happened to someone else a few posts up. You playing on the ps4, too?

Hypron

Dammit, 30 minutes into a run, in the final zone, and as i was shooting a large sentient poop my game just went black and seems to have crashed into an unprompted loading screen. Bah.

Edit: hah, see that it happened to someone else a few posts up. You playing on the ps4, too?

Yep, PS4 as well. Close the game and choose "continue" when you load it back up. You'll lose your progress within the current floor but at least you won't have to start from the beginning :/

breadtruck

Love the game, but the music isnt as awesome as the first go-around. I do like the basement's music. Cave isnt very good. Havent gotten farther than that yet, Im a bit rusty haha

Seville

Well fuck. Playing on the vita then I beat
Mom
After this, it takes me back to the main menu and I decided to sync my save. Well instead of syncing this new progress, it downloaded some earlier save which means my progress is lost :\. So dumb.

epmode

So I got to Mom for the first time. The first thing I did when entering the room is pressing the left trigger which activated an item that gives flight for a single room. It's a slow recharge and I'm not even sure I needed to use it in that room but what the hell. ...and the boss fight instantly ended and I got the ending sequence. Wat?

So I got to Mom for the first time. The first thing I did when entering the room is pressing the left trigger which activated an item that gives flight for a single room. It's a slow recharge and I'm not even sure I needed to use it in that room but what the hell. ...and the boss fight instantly ended and I got the ending sequence. Wat?

One of the holy items, like a Bible, most likely. A couple items instantly kill Mom
and Mom's Heart
instantly.

Hah, I know what happened. You used the bible item which not only gives flight, but also instant kills Mom.

mattp

i really dont know why sony doesn't just write out some official standardized method for doing cross save
i mean really, rogue legacy does it perfect
but spelunky is pretty good too

i cant stand how literally every game works differently

also, syncing is still broken for me.

Man I'm to Depths II for the first time! Got 9 regular hearts along with 1 armor heart. My speed is way up, I have like some ultra tears boost where Isaac is pouring tears from his eyes so I shoot really fast. My tear speed is down so the screen just fills up with a massive line of tears. I'm Blessed, I'm bigger then usual. I have a worm dude with me who heals me if he kills.

Hella fun run. Best I've done so far.

9SA4
X17V

zulux21

beat
mom
on my first co op run with my wife...
we then failed a number of times while I tested out some things with the co op and then got past
mom
again, but had no attack up, only status effects on my tears, and a few other passives and merely the yum yum heart I started with still so got destroyed after that as I couldn't kill anything ><;

Hypron

Very end of a good run and it goes to a never ending loading screen out of the blue. Anyone else get this?

Yeah:

Yep, PS4 as well. Close the game and choose "continue" when you load it back up. You'll lose your progress within the current floor but at least you won't have to start from the beginning :/

Ferrio

Banned
Tried a judas run. I got a knife and that was about it. Had no bombs for a good 4 floors (so many missed stones). If i was godlike at the game (cobalt) I could of made it to the devil, unfortunately died in a big room with invisible assholes.

Hypron

I've been trying to motivate myself to revise for my exams next week since 10am since morning but I just keep on going back to this game instead D:. It's almost 5pm now.

Finalow

I play it much better on ps4 than vita but holy fuck it needs some graphics options. mostly because it's very dark, the spiders are almost invisible.

I hope to see a patch soon.

-

anyway I did boss rush, lol what a mess. I won and then died right after 'cause I touched red poop, lol. I had something like 4-5 familiars + the item that spawns 10 spiders as soon as you enter a room, op as fuck if you ask me.

for the "no damage" achievements I'm only missing the Utero/Womb one, how the fuck do you do that? ,_, I already have that good run with the seed saved and I got holy mantle but
Mom's heart
with no damage? No way. I probably need bible + holy mantle.

not bad for the first day, I think. I even reached
Isaac
but he killed me.
8 times.

jblank83

I play it much better on ps4 than vita but holy fuck it need some graphics options. mostly because it's very dark, the spiders are almost invisible.

I hope to see a patch soon.

The default gamma on PC is also very dark, to the point that you can't see anything going on in dark rooms.

I don't know what the name of the item I got was, but it gave me a huge brimstone halo. Thanks to that I got both Basement Boy and Spelunker Boy. Too bad I messed up and got hit. Could have gotten Dark boy as well.

ElTopo

Banned
Game is fantastic. Beat mom, kinda' sucks you have to play 2nd time (and probably 3rd and 4th time) to progress because I had a wicked loadout.

The DLC Magic Fingers weapon was hilarious.

Only complaint would be that the game is picky in regards to how close your bombs have to be to blow open a secret room. In the Flash game it was pretty generous but here, you have to get it right in the middle and right against the wall or it doesn't count.

Ferrio

Banned
Cobaltstreak+Richard hammer have been playing literally nonstop since it released, still unlocking stuff.

So ya, 3 play throughs isn't going to touch much in the game.

ElTopo

Banned
Cobaltstreak+Richard hammer have been playing literally nonstop since it released, still unlocking stuff.

So ya, 3 play throughs isn't going to touch much in the game.

Well, I didn't mean that you would 100% the game in 3-4 playthroughs but that you would access the true final boss.

David___

Banned
Well, I didn't mean that you would 100% the game in 3-4 playthroughs but that you would access the true final boss.

Still not enough. It'll take you around 16 clears to unlock the
Polaroid so you can go to the Chest.

That's also not counting the
Shoel equivalent

Jesus Christ, I just entered a room, picked up an item and all of a sudden I was forced to fight nearly every boss. I can't believe I survived that. At least I unlocked the nail.

Kerned

Banned
I don't understand how cross saves work in this game. Initially I assumed it was automatic, but ended up losing progress (item log, death count, etc). Then I manually synced on Vita which did bring over my data from my PS4. When I stopped playing on Vita I synced again, assuming I was uploading the most recent save data, but it just synced up with the old data again, resulting in a couple of hours of lost progress. The most frustrating thing is the lack of explanation in the menu about what data is going where.

Can anyone explain exactly what the "sync" button does and when it should be used? I can't believe so many devs manage to complicate the cross save feature.

After hours and hours, yeah, I think my favorite track is the first two floors and I think it beats out any track I liked from the first soundtrack.

Top Bottom