• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Bsigg12

GIANT TETRIS PIECE

It's a coop character and they've broke the game.

rezWvoX.png

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
After watching a few minutes of the stream, the game seems to be a bit easier than the original. Better start with hard mode :)

Didn't see anything in the OT, but does anything carry over into future runs after you die? Are there any permanent items / buffs / etc.?

Steez

Didn't see anything in the OT, but does anything carry over into future runs after you die? Are there any permanent items / buffs / etc.?

It wasn't the case in vanilla Isaac and I seriously doubt that something like this found a place in Rebirth.

edit: wait, i totally forgot that you had to unlock the D6 in vanilla. I guess there might be some permanent item unlocks for certain characters in Rebirth, but I still doubt very much that you can unlock permanent buffs like stat upgrades.

Kssio_Aug

Thats something Id like to know aswell. I really value the sense of progression in any game.

But I think the items (the passive ones) may be exactly it. Would like to have more clarification though.

corn_fest

There are donation machines in the shops now that keep a permanent tally of how much you've donated and upgrade accordingly, Animal Crossing style.

-PXG-

I beliece coins you donate in the shop carry over from run to run. Doesn't matter if you complete the run or die. Still figuring out how that works based on the streams

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Nothing carries over, but you can unlock the ability to find items in future runs by completing tasks. You won't start with them, but they aren't in the item pool until unlocked.

Camwi

The progression that existed in the original game involved unlocking characters and items throughout the game. The items were still random, but some of them wouldn't spawn in a game until you unlocked them in a previous game.

SerTapTap

That seems like far more achievements than what the PlayStation trophies would lead us to believe.

Isn't it one achievement per unlock on PC in BOI? Sony would never let them get away with that with so many unlocks hence the difference I'm sure.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okay, I've gotta cut myself off from any more spoilers. I've been way too weak.

corn_fest

I really hope Mac performance is OK this time around. Rebooting into Windows just to play some BoI was never fun, haven't seen anyone comment on the Mac or Linux versions yet, though.

Bsigg12

I really hope Mac performance is OK this time around. Rebooting into Windows just to play some BoI was never fun, haven't seen anyone comment on the Mac or Linux versions yet, though.

Since it's not a flash game, that should help tremendously.

SerTapTap

Since it's not a flash game, that should help tremendously.

Yeah performance should be great. Flash has major issues reaching 60 FPS consistently on any CPU on the market, IIRC it's still single core and makes no particular use of the GPU.

Yeah, hopefully. Sometimes they just go with a lazy translation wrapper, though...

This is a ground-up thing, not an Adobe Air port of Flash or anything.

Chesskid1

Banned
this thread is going to be weird.

the fun of the game is discovering the new stuff, but some people don't want you to post them because it's spoilers.

shrug

we're gonna need rules!

Kalor

this thread is going to be weird.

the fun of the game is discovering the new stuff, but some people don't want you to post them because it's spoilers.

shrug

we're gonna need rules!
People could use spoiler tags for anything that is new or at least do that until the game is released in half a hour.

B33

Banned
Use your acumen, everyone. Err on the side of caution and put items in spoiler tags.

It's ultimately up to NotLiquid to decide on specific rules, but we can all be judicious and considerate to others.

I agree that folks should put stuff in spoiler tags. Even though the game is streaming, some folks want to keep their heads clear until the game is up, myself included.

gngf123

15 minutes until launch, right?

I haven't played WOTL for a while, looking forward to finding out what all the new items do, and if they have fixed certain exploits that I used to use.

Kalor

Both actually. A lot of the stuff they've released has been buggy, with a couple of big flaws and rarely gets patched in a decent amount of time.
If the game ends up being buggy, I bet we'll see a quick patch. This is one of Nicalis's biggest releases so they want it available and working for everyone.

SerTapTap

If the game ends up being buggy, I bet we'll see a quick patch. This is one of Nicalis's biggest releases so they want it available and working for everyone.

Hell one of the biggest features of this game is fixing all the screwy item interaction bugs. And the flash loading bugs. It better not be buggy.

Top Bottom