• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Ferrio

Banned
OK, spoilers from END game, please don't highlight if you aren't sure, or care. But I had a question.

I just beat mega-Satan (HOLY SHIT, BTW) as Judas, but there didn't seem to be an unlockable, or icon on the character select screen...did it bug, or is there no symbol for this?

Don't think there is one, least I haven't seen it

RS4-

Uhh...I'm in some room where the bosses are just spawning endlessly. I've been at it for nearly 10 mins.

Wtf.

NotLiquid

Think I just got the worst combo imaginable. Chocolate Milk + Tiny Planet is absolutely goddamn atrocious. It is so impractical it ain't even funny.

Uhh...I'm in some room where the bosses are just spawning endlessly. I've been at it for nearly 10 mins.

Wtf.

You just discovered the Boss Rush room. Buckle up.

Think I just got the worst combo imaginable. Chocolate Milk + Tiny Planet is absolutely goddamn atrocious. It is so impractical it ain't even funny.
I've just stopped taking Tiny Planet unless I'm playing Azazel/have Brimstone. It's honestly terrible otherwise and ruins every run I have with it.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm curious if there will be a combo that makes chocolate milk worth it. Used to be great with brimstone in vanilla I believe, then was patched in wrath.

Sciz

you get it in a challenge but it sucks there since your damage is super low.

In an actual good run it could destroy pretty much everything, I agree.

Oh, that was with 1 strength tears. Something I had was locking my damage down, not sure what. Didn't matter, really.

I'm curious if there will be a combo that makes chocolate milk worth it. Used to be great with brimstone in vanilla I believe, then was patched in wrath.

I'm curious to see how it pairs with the Cursed Eye. If it works how I'd expect it to, you'd have a absolutely lethal charged shot.

Tainted

I like how in the PS4 version you can move the minimap around with the touchpad when viewing it...is there an equivalent for the PC version (ie When bringing up the map using TAB) ?

The minimap kinda annoys me in rebirth, I wish they wouldn't have made it overlaying the gameplay and have it in a UI like the original. Ive fiddled with the opacity settings etc...but I still often have to press tab to make it disappear/reappear (which only works on minimum opacity)

SerTapTap

I like how in the PS4 version you can move the minimap around with the touchpad when viewing it...is there an equivalent for the PC version (ie When bringing up the map using TAB) ?

The minimap kinda annoys me in rebirth, I wish they wouldn't have made it overlaying the gameplay and have it in a UI like the original. Ive fiddled with the opacity settings etc...but I still often have to press tab to make it disappear/reappear (which only works on minimum opacity)

I actually love how the map works on PS4, would never have thought of that, works really well at only exposing it when needed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So I tried my luck on one of the D6 rooms (a one) and it rerolled my entire build into this:

15543914630_35648310d7_o.png

Easiest satan kill ever. Instead of shooting tears I controlled that big green energy field with the arrow keys and it *obliterated* everything it touched. Also had a constant army of like 50 spiders. Just absolutely absurd.

Wish I knew what the heck it gave me, lol.

Big late-game spoilers:

So I got to the
Mega Satan
fight with a pretty decent build, game crashed about 5 seconds into the fight. Thankfully the new "Continue" feature allowed me to jump right back in from outside of the room. So I head back inside, and once again, game crashed 5 seconds into the fight. Seems like I'm stuck in an endless loop of crashing an disappointment now.

EDIT: Fifth time's a charm. No crash, got the win. Coolest and toughest fight of the game, hands down.

OK, spoilers from END game, please don't highlight if you aren't sure, or care. But I had a question.

I just beat mega-Satan (HOLY SHIT, BTW) as Judas, but there didn't seem to be an unlockable, or icon on the character select screen...did it bug, or is there no symbol for this?

Nothing here either, just the ending which you'll surely need for the Real Platinum God achievement.

Ozium

first time playing as azazel and got tammy's head... so OP lol... cruised and beat
mom's heart
for the fifth time and unlocked everything is terrible..

A room also appeared and I entered it and it was the boss rush room... managed to beat it even tho it was intense

the music is growing on me.. the further down you go the better the music gets I think.

the unicorn/chariot music is utter fucking trash though

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else got the regular brimstone and quad shot on azazel? Omg. Take up almost a 1/3 of the screen with lazers. Takes forever to charge though. Now if I can just find Lil brimstone, dark bum and gimp mask again I'll be set lol

Ozium

4th attempt at Head Trauma challenge ended up with me dying on Mom with 90% of her health bar gone...

fuck this challenge

Goddamn, I just got Dark Boy and Mama's Boy in the same run, thanks to a couple of really good defensive items. I don't have either of those in vanilla BoI, even after 200 hours.

Althane

Just was able to start playing. First two runs were a dud, because I have a Logitech G110 keyboard, and the game doesn't like them. Once I got that fixed up, went in and got...

Brimstone Baby
Infested Baby
Sister Maggy
Boomerang Shot (first item... blah)
Devil Baby (Was annoyed, then found it incredibly useful)
Guppy's Head (I think? Damage + Big Shots)
Roid Rage
Speedball
Caffeine Pill (hell yes)
Magic scab

forgetting some other items, but what a hell of a first run, right?
In that one run, I beat Mom, unlocked Azazel and Cain, and like 5 other items. I'm pumped. Love this game.

Goddamn, I just got Dark Boy and Mama's Boy in the same run, thanks to a couple of really good defensive items. I don't have either of those in vanilla BoI, even after 200 hours.

There are some pretty powerful new defensive weapons in Rebirth.
Holy Mantle, Infamy, and the Trinity Shield in particular
. They're gonna make those "Beat ________ Without Taking Damage" achievements much more easily obtainable.

Theodran

So I tried my luck on one of the D6 rooms (a one) and it rerolled my entire build into this:

Easiest satan kill ever. Instead of shooting tears I controlled that big green energy field with the arrow keys and it *obliterated* everything it touched. Also had a constant army of like 50 spiders. Just absolutely absurd.

Wish I knew what the heck it gave me, lol.

Looks like
ludovico technique
paired with technology and some poison buff.

I got Tammy's Head along with Dark Bum yesterday and literally rolled through the Womb and Sheol without lifting a finger. That combo is OP as hell!

Ozium

is there a list of effect seeds like that gameboy one, etc?

has anyone tried putting in words in the seed thing and seen what happens?

There are some pretty powerful new defensive weapons in Rebirth.
Holy Mantle, Infamy, and the Trinity Shield in particular
. They're gonna make those "Beat ________ Without Taking Damage" achievements much more easily obtainable.

Yeah, I had
Holy Mantle and Trinity Shield. Holy Mantle
in particular was pretty much the only reason I didn't take any damage.

dcelw540

can anyone explain to me what this game is? I'm interested in this game but i dont get is it random generated room and is there a real ending? :s

Tiny Planet + Lump of Coal wrecks faces though.
In the challenge level I had Tiny Planet + Soy Milk + Lump of Coal + Ring Worm + a bunch of shot speed and damage upgrades. It was a massive tornado of tears that took out enemies in a room instantly. I took a video of it. I'll try to post it soon.

Ferrio

Banned
Man this game goes from "Oh I'm fucked" to "Oh I'm OP" really quickly. Was eve, getting shitty devil deals (some shitty babies). Took red heart damage, missed a devil deal only had 2 red hearts left. Then I come across tech, 3 cat pieces, tons of tears up pills and dark bum. Was smooth sailing.

What's the value in the boomerang?

Not a fan myself but not a bad item. Spammable like blue candle, but does damage and freezes instead.

I had homing tears (spoon bender) and ludo (or whatever it is where you control a single tear).

It destroyed my run. I lost about 6 lives on Mom (had dead cat) and ended up having to cheese her since it would just keep on going after minions and not Mom, making it especially difficult to control.

RS4-

You just discovered the Boss Rush room. Buckle up.

I had some lousy luck; completed the room then went to the heart but I had such shit items:

The poo that makes items drop and some leech. I didn't have my tears powered up or anything like that either.

Damn RNG.

Seville

LOL
Thunder Thighs + Lucky Rock is so funny.
Step on all rocks and got 90 pennies and still going. LOL donated so much and unlocked some stuff.

Flunkie

Banned
Dammit. I beat the third challenge then I pressed the sync button on Vita and it reverted to the save file I had before I beat the third challenge. :(

And I had never played the game before and I beat Mom under another challenge (the computer-something one?) and didn't know that entering the door would not give me credit for killing Mom.

Playing for the first time seriously on Vita. Owned it on PCbut never played it more than 15 minutes really. I wish they'd updated the whole item description thing. I want to scroll through the unlocked items list and see what exactly they do. One complaint left over from the original flash PC game.

SerTapTap

Playing for the first time seriously on Vita. Owned it on PCbut never played it more than 15 minutes really. I wish they'd updated the whole item description thing. I want to scroll through the unlocked items list and see what exactly they do. One complaint left over from the original flash PC game.

That list is for completion checking, not an encyclopedia. Use platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth if you want a cheatsheet

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Satan defeated. Still need to unlock maggie. And samson >.> Has anyone got him without getting the four no damage trophies first? Cuz I have 3 so far. Should have saved my seed too, crap. That was fun but so op. Killed mom's heart in 2 hits.

This games seems way easier to me then the original. And I say that because I was really bad at the original but am able to get really far in the remake.

Not complaining though, I'm having a blast. I like how a lot of the new items are extremely unique and play around with the core mechanics.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Welp, Trinity Shield makes Mom's Heart trivial. Of course Polyphemus + other dmg up stuff helped. Pretty sure I had max dmg.

Got Tammy's Head in the run too.

I keep forgetting to save my seeds. Just had a couple of good ones. First level: Big Mushroom, Little Mushroom, Halo. Demon Bum and Brimstone in the next two Devil rooms. Just face rolled over the whole thing. Boss rush was just raining soul hearts. Picked up Lil' Brimstone there just to make it extra hilarious.

Top Bottom