• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

BurningNad

Well, here's the screenshot of my Brimstone+Tammy's Head run as Azazel. I believe I also had AntiGravity Tears and the one that slows enemies on hit. Sorry I was later than I said, though I doubt anyone even cares about that haha.

45FCB02AF27DAE5E7493B43FA6B0F9C01F0DA07C

Sciz

15/20 challenges completed. Not sure how to unlock #4, 7, 9, 11, or 19, but I'm sure I'll get them as I go, now that I'm back to the game proper.

It'll be nice to see item rooms again.

edit: Item spoilers:
And I figured out another one of the runes. On use, it duplicates every item on the ground in the room.

edit2: More item spoilers:
And two new card types I unlocked along the way: "Card Against Humanity", which floods every ground tile in the room with poop (even works on 2x2 rooms!), and the Credit Card, which on use in a shop removes the prices.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Amazing how Isaac: rebirth is doing. If you count in the amount of people playing on PS4/Vita it is quite staggering :)

mnMHtl6.png

What do thirty thousand people do in an average day playing Skyrim at this point? I don't even think I want to know how people are still pulling playtime out of that game.

KiraXD

GAF has this ridiculous "I like to ride mopeds but i don't want my friends to see me on one" obsession with Knack.

People continue to tear the game down, claim that it's garbage and refuse to just go buy it even at a reduced price but beg for it in every PS+ thread.

Because Knack is a pile... it has so many flaws you couldnt pay me to play it again.

Perfect example: dodge-lock, you are locked into dodge animation unable to move until a few seconds after the animation fully ends resulting in cheap and numerous deaths... the worst combat gameplay ever.

evidenced here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzvCA6fr4Y

i dont fully understand the love of isaac... but id rather have that over Knack.

Grief.exe

Never spent as much time with the original version as I should have, what should be the general gameplan? Do I keep playing on normal for a while(have beat it once so far) or should I switch to hard? Do the challenges unlock anything in the main mode?

Keep playing on Normal to unlock subsequent bosses and areas. Hard mode sounds like it is very difficulty, save that for later.

Tainted

What do thirty thousand people do in an average day playing Skyrim at this point? I don't even think I want to know how people are still pulling playtime out of that game.

The Steam workshop / mod community have extended the life of that one past vanilla for most players

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Pearls before swine. PS+ has been great, especially this and Velocity 2X on day fucking 1. In a more sane world both are easily GOTY candidates.

Mute Music, leave SFX alone, play original Isaac OST. Music won't match your area, but eh. somewhere between 8 and 800 hours in it's just background noise anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new music. It's different but it's good, makes the game a bit freakier. Love the new track in Sheol, boss tracks are great too.

barit

WTF i'm playing here? This is the most disturbting and gross game I probably ever played

And i'm only at Basement II lol

SerTapTap

Don't get me wrong, I like the new music. It's different but it's good, makes the game a bit freakier. Love the new track in Sheol, boss tracks are great too.

Ah, yeah it's definitely more consistently moody and dreary. But I would/do listen to the original just as actual music, I wouldn't with most of what I've heard of Rebirth, but maybe it'll grow on me.

Haven't gotten to Sheol (I've only been to it twice in the original actually and hadn't permanently unlocked it)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Can someone tell me which item it is that causes you to teleport on being hit some percentage of the time, because it's fucking up my life and I never want it again.

What is the exact requirements for triggering the
Boss Rush?
. I managed to trigger it when I was on a particularly good run on the game and cleared it on my first attempt (though it was insanely hectic!). I then went on and destroyed
Mothers Heart

I'm still very much getting used to the game, when I have a good run I do really well (the final boss was a pushover this time) but if I don't get some decent weapon enhancements early on I tend to struggle badly. Bar experimenting with everything to see what works are there any things I should be doing on each playthrough? I've been ignoring cursed rooms due to the damage you take entering/exiting the room plus I was never that won over by the rewards you got (most of the time I got noting worth while...

Ferrio

Banned
What is the exact requirements for triggering the
Boss Rush?
. I managed to trigger it when I was on a particularly good run on the game and cleared it on my first attempt (though it was insanely hectic!). I then went on and destroyed
Mothers Heart

Under 20 minutes to mom

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I have a weird bug I think. On the Mac version.

When an enemy stomps down like Monstro when he lands, the screen goes black for a split second. As if the game is trying to render a shader effect and for some reason it's not working on my system, which is the top of the line MBP you can get with a pretty powerful GPU. So I'm hoping it's just a bug.

Does anyone else have this happen? I don't remember seeing it happen on BRex's stream which I am watching right now.

Ozium

tried to do challenge 3, got to the second to last floor and entered room that had 3 of those wall spider things and a large gap in front of them...

shitbag tiny planet tears stop just before the enemies, making the room impassible

fuck that

Stet

Banned
I played for ages on Tuesday but now I can't even start the game?

Just keeps popping up the "Preparing to start The Binding..." window on Steam. Any ideas?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Unless they added more, that's the Cursed Skull and you can drop it, as it's a trinket.

Nope, it's not that. I should have ruled out trinkets as I had the Liberty Cap for most of the run. Whatever I had teleported me on hit sometimes, not only when I had half a heart left, and it teleported me to all kinds of places, sometimes good ones. But when you have to start the boss over because you got hit once it's a real kick in the dick.

It couldn't have been a pill, could it?

SentryDown

Does anybody knows what it means when ennemies have little hearts flying around their head ? It's most probably a kind of poison/slow modifier on my tears due to some items I picked but I didn't really understand how monsters were affected.

Experien

I guess I am the only one who is really discouraged by the fact that they don't explain what items do? What are all these balls?! Blue ones, red ones, yellow ones, striped ones, what?!

Ferrio

Banned
Does anybody knows what it means when ennemies have little hearts flying around their head ? It's most probably a kind of poison/slow modifier on my tears due to some items I picked but I didn't really understand how monsters were affected.

Charmed them.

SentryDown

I guess I am the only one who is really discouraged by the fact that they don't explain what items do? What are all these balls?! Blue ones, red ones, yellow ones, striped ones, what?!

That's the difficult part of the game, understanding and remembering what every item does. Personally, I always used the wiki but for now it needs to be updated with new mechanics from Rebirth.

That's the idea. It was made that was intentionally so that players have to discover what the items do. You can wiki the items if you want to ignore that part of the game, but be careful! If you even have the desire to play this game as the developer wanted and explore all the discovery mechanics in the game, you can’t unring the bell! I ruined that experience with the original Isaac, and I’m just happy I have another opportunity.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
PSA: Tiny Planet is the worst

The worst!

The Head Trauma challenge is fucked.

I picked up the wiggle worm on that challenge just to see what it looked like.

In short: Chaos. Tears just appeared in random places on the screen and it looked like TV static.

Haunted

It's hilarious though, you just know they made it because it would run like shit in Flash
:lol true

I picked up the wiggle worm on that challenge just to see what it looked like.

In short: Chaos. Tears just appeared in random places on the screen and it looked like TV static.
It's definitely one of the funnier challenges to start with and try out different synergies.

Still fucked as a gameplay challenge, though. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
:lol true

It's definitely one of the funnier challenges to start with and try out different synergies.

Still fucked as a gameplay challenge, though. :D

The whip worm ended up being great. I stopped playing because it was way too late and I needed sleep, but with whip worm on the tears moved fast enough to pretty much create a shield around Isaac. None of the weaker enemies could make it through, some of the stronger enemies got stuck between two layers of tears and bounced back and forth until they died.

Needed a ton of damage upgrades to even hope to have a chance later though, and I didn't want to bother with it instead of sleep. Can you continue challenge runs or will I have to start over?

DrkSage

So my game kinda like frozd in the caves II boss and then it went to loading screen and it stayed like that )': this was my best run...

Sciz

PSA: Tiny Planet is the worst

The worst!

The Head Trauma challenge is fucked.

What ultimately sealed my success on that one was lucking into a Guppy set, thereby drowning the world in a swarm of ravenous locusts.

They get worse.

Nope, it's not that. I should have ruled out trinkets as I had the Liberty Cap for most of the run. Whatever I had teleported me on hit sometimes, not only when I had half a heart left, and it teleported me to all kinds of places, sometimes good ones. But when you have to start the boss over because you got hit once it's a real kick in the dick.

It couldn't have been a pill, could it?

I think the cursed eye, or whatever it is that gives you the charged multi-tear shot, also adds the teleport on hit effect.

Can you continue challenge runs or will I have to start over?

Pretty sure you can, yeah. Never actually done it, but on the handful of occasions where I quit a challenge outright, the Continue option was available on the menu.

Tainted

That's the difficult part of the game, understanding and remembering what every item does. Personally, I always used the wiki but for now it needs to be updated with new mechanics from Rebirth.

Platinumgod is updating with rebirth items, but with 500+ items it may take them a while :)

Platinumgod is updating with rebirth items, but with 500+ items it may take them a while :)

Let alone the fact that we don't know how much of this is fact or if the items have complete descriptions. They haven't cracked the game open and looked at the equations like someone did with the original. We may never know, for sure, what every item does.

Top Bottom