• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Burnburn

So, has anybody else been getting a bit lucky with the "Boy" achievements?

I thought I got hit at least once in both the caves and the womb, but still got the achievement for it. Though I did have the halo of flies, so maybe they blocked it, but I think I did actually get hit. I think what might have caused it is having the shield item (not sure what it's called, but it glows under your feet and you can get hit once without taking damage) and not be hit by the final boss of the area thus still having the shield up.

NotLiquid

I hate having to come across Technology when I play as Azazel because I really, really love that item but realize giving Brimstone up for it is kind of a waste.

Kalor

It's just for moms heart.

Speaking of which I just got such a satisfying moms heart kill. I had the 9 lives item and I was forced to beat it with only 1 heart. Oh sweet jesus it was tense.
I was in the same position earlier and it did get really tense. I found compared to the original game, it is easier to do a lot of damage to mom's heart before it raises up for a little bit.

CassSept

I finally got Dark Bum and red hearts barely dropped afterwards :( didn't even get past the Womb as magnetic tears screwed me over in rooms with fistula :/

20 hours and I still am yet to see Ludovico :(

I hate having to come across Technology when I play as Azazel because I really, really love that item but realize giving Brimstone up for it is kind of a waste.

It stacks, at least Tech 2 does

NotLiquid

I finally got Dark Bum and red hearts barely dropped afterwards :( didn't even get past the Womb as magnetic tears screwed me over in rooms with fistula :/

20 hours and I still am yet to see Ludovico :(

It stacks, at least Tech 2 does

Yeah, Technology 2 is the only one that actually stacks since its function is to fire the laser as a secondary projectile. That is unless you play as Cain, where it's basically Technology 1 because he only has one eye.

theytookourjobz

Holy shit,
got an angel room after beating the HEART (not It Lives) and got taken to the Cathedral. Didn't know you could get there early even if you haven't unlocked the polaroid or gotten It Lives yet. I was already underpowered for the Heart but was able to complete the entire Cathedral with only 5 red hearts and soul hearts I picked up along the way. How I got through? The fucking D10. Was able to reroll every non mini boss to basically caves/depths enemies. It was awesome. Beat the Isaac boss fight somehow and he seems mostly unchanged other than the fact that he's got a really annoying new attack involving the light beams.

Fuck, I wish I did it with Isaac and not Eden. Could have got dat
D6
. At least I think that's how you unlock it.

You've got to do it 6 times. :)

Man my last few runs have been very unlucky. Even if I somehow ended up with decent items, I would always be starving for hp. it's a s if the game decides to troll me whenever I get the empty jar.

J4g3r

I'm pretty much invincible to projectiles right now.

Trinity Shield covering the front 100%, even damage enemies when they get close. Two Flies and Meat Boy both of which have grown thanks to BFF.

This combined with Mega Tears and quite a few damage/tear upgrades...

PevVyxz.jpg

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Maybe someone on here can help me out. Last nights had a great build/run. Towards the end, i must have picked up something that let me literally run over everyone in a room. I was blinking, sort of like picking up a star in Mario. Every new room and I would start blinking again for about 5 seconds. It was awesome! Anyone have an idea on what item that was?????

CassSept

Maybe someone on here can help me out. Last nights had a great build/run. Towards the end, i must have picked up something that let me literally run over everyone in a room. I was blinking, sort of like picking up a star in Mario. Every new room and I would start blinking again for about 5 seconds. It was awesome! Anyone have an idea on what item that was?????

Did it happen instantly or after few secs? Because if few secs then that's what Taurus does.

NotLiquid

It was after maybe 3 seconds I would just start blinking and I could run over anything. I'll have to look up the Taurus....thanks for the help

Yeah it's Taurus. When you're in a room with enemies and fire you build up rage and temporarily go invincible, which is a good way to steamroll bosses/enemies early on. It can only be done once per room though.

Mr.Ock

Guys, I'm loving this, but are the audio effects bugged for anyone else on Vita? Sometime they work, sometimes they don't. Like, I pick up a coin and it goes *ding* but i pick the one next to it and no effect. :(

SamVimes

Dr. Fetus is so shit now. It still carried me through my ??? run but that was mostly because i could destroy every rock, during fights it really sucks.

Puru

Guys, I'm loving this, but are the audio effects bugged for anyone else on Vita? Sometime they work, sometimes they don't. Like, I pick up a coin and it goes *ding* but i pick the one next to it and no effect. :(

Yes i noticed that yesterday, at one point the sounds got completly messed up, no more boss music, no more secret room music, some sfx gone or not working all the time. I had to reboot the game.
Before that i also entered an arcade and after leaving it the whole floor had no music, it worked again when i entered back in the arcade and left.

dralla

The crashing on PS4 is ridiculous. It crashes every time I play it now. It just crashed on an awesome run, middle of a Mom fight. I know it saves your progress but it's so frustrating and kills any momentum and makes me not want to play :(

-PXG-

Show of hands, how many of you have been saved by Krampus' Head?

Brim in general is sooooo much better

Edit

Dark Bum will probably be nerfed. Just him alone is way too good. Dark Bum + anything that increases the drop chance of red hearts is just silly

Maedhros

I probably have all the babies with me on a run. Pretty crazy. It's not making the game a cakewalk, but it makes it a lot easier.

J4g3r

Dark Bum will probably be nerfed. Just him alone is way too good. Dark Bum + anything that increases the drop chance of red hearts is just silly

It has been, on PC at least.

Now it's 1.5-2 hearts for a soul heart using Dark Bum.

I got randomly teleported into a Devil Room and I got a power up that made me float and it also unlocked Azazel, and I beat Mom for the first time. LOVE this game!

Nothus

Damn, I can't believe they've swapped the pc keyboard controls around. Over 400 hours playing the original with movement mapped to the arrow keys, now I can't get used to moving with wasd!

I hope they bring in the option to re-bind the controls at some point.

Finalow

what's the point of Blood Bag? It's in the items slot but I can't use it.

also any idea how to unlock the new character
the Lost?

Damn, I can't believe they've swapped the pc keyboard controls around. Over 400 hours playing the original with movement mapped to the arrow keys, now I can't get used to moving with wasd!

I hope they bring in the option to re-bind the controls at some point.

You can rebind everything, just go to options on the main menu and then controls.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Unlocked ???, playing as them is pretty much hard mode. Have yet to make it to mom, even. Need some godlike RNG. I got the eye beam last run which really sucks, I hate it.

Challanges are really annoying. Not even because of the specific challenges but because you get no treasure room so you are gimped the entire time and it takes so long to kill everyone.

Also the Haunt (ghost boss) is bugged 75% of the time as they all stay invisible forever. Really annoying when you get him deep in a run.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guppy's Collar really wanted me to win that Isaac fight. I must have been resurrected 7 times. Sorry, but it's not happening with one heart.

NotLiquid

In today's episode of "Let's Kill Isaac"

Doing a daredevil run as Judas where I exchanged my last heart container for a Dark Bum. Shit is hectic but I got a bunch of damage buffs to go along with it. Took the opportunity to get BFF to initiate the Boss Rush, all of which for the first time were Champions. Tight run.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Boss resetting is possible. Died to Krampus as an attack fly killed him; respawned by Dead Cat, go back in, fight him again. Harder than it used to be, but possible.

Also: took Azazel to a one-pip Dice room and the reroll glitched my sprite a little. Got a six later in the run, rerolled me into Lord of the Flies with damage-up quad-shot homing Brimstone and BFF/crying bombs that shot out the same kind of damage. Could barely fire, but I cleared boss rush and one-shot Mom's heart with a bomb.

Gotta say the challenges this time are not as fun as the ones in the original. Doesn't help the fact some of them you have to be lucky to win them. Just got head trauma, but it was pretty boring to just wait there and have things happen. Fortunately I got the smart fly which killed everything.

Kinsei

Banned
Is it possible to get to
Sheol
without a devil room?
Satan
is really fun to fight, so I'd like to be able to reach it consistently.

ElTopo

Banned
I think they nerfed Monstro 2 a bit. Which I think is a good thing. When he does that Bloodspray attack he no longer bounces up and down randomly while doing it.

marrec

Banned
Had the best run in BoI ever. Downed final-final-boss in under 30 mins. Forgot to write down the seed.

Just remember folks, sometimes skipping Brimstone is the best option.

Haunted

I like that they've made it a bit easier to spend coins continually by lightly walking up against a machine. In the original that was harder to line up and you often ended up having to go back and forth back and forth.

I've amassed 99 coins... what the hell do I do with them all?
buy everything

donate everything

break the arcade

I just find a trap door, wasn't aware that this was a new thing (the one with the ladder)! Found pretty good deal in it! one was a question mark that add an other item to choose when you beat a boss (but you can choose only one)

marrec

Banned
Finished my epic run and put down the Vita and was like "Now I can get back to playing other games for a bit like Shadow of Mordor."

Turns out I just want to play BoI. I knew having this on my Vita would end in tragedy.

Top Bottom