• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

zulux21

note to self.... don't use
bible against satan
after nearly dying I came back and became a god, beating the heart the first time and having a chance to go down to shoel... I was already floating so I didn't need the
bible
but I wanted to see what it did anyways...
i nearly killed my wife she was laughing so hard ><;

Orbiting tears... so bad. I'm sure with some combination it could be good but damn.

Got the trophy for clearing womb without damage yay. That only leaves the caves for no damage run for now.

Seems some people got stuck with not able to unlock an ending. Any tips how to avoid it? I got endings 1-6 no problem for now.
After killing the heart the devil room that spawned had a ladder down but I was too scared to go there if that messes up something. Are all 15 endings just killing the last boss without any hoops?

Leezard

Orbiting tears... so bad. I'm sure with some combination it could be good but damn.

Got the trophy for clearing womb without damage yay. That only leaves the caves for no damage run for now.

Seems some people got stuck with not able to unlock an ending. Any tips how to avoid it? I got endings 1-6 no problem for now.
After killing the heart the devil room that spawned had a ladder down but I was too scared to go there if that messes up something. Are all 15 endings just killing the last boss without any hoops?

The ending that some people seem to have missed is ending 4. So I don't think you will have any problems.

well shit.
Because I died right when I killed moms heart, I don't have ending 5 and because I went to Sheol after beating moms heart, I don't have Ending 6.

So fuck.

Ferrio

Banned
On the subject of Cain:

About Brimstone:

Brimstone feels even MORE overpowered now: You nearly shoot at twice as fast as the vanilla BoI and the both times I had it, I nearly won. Actually, I think I beat Mom for the first time using Brimstone.

Brimstone got powered up, but brimsnapping was removed, so it's kinda evens out.

Leezard

Is the unlock for Samson buggy? I have the Basement Boy achievement for no damage but still no Samson unlock.

I have 3 of those achievements and unlocked him only when I finished caves with no damage once more after the achievement. It appears to be weird.

How does eden work exactly? I unlocked her last night, played and lost, woke up this morning and was going to try her again and now I need some sort of token? How do you get them?

NotLiquid

So I beat moms heart
10 times, how do I get the game to progress further now?

Take on Sheol and the Cathedral. Play as all characters. Unlock extra chapters.

How does eden work exactly? I unlocked her last night, played and lost, woke up this morning and was going to try her again and now I need some sort of token? How do you get them?

You need Eden tokens to play as her and you get one every time you beat Mom. Eden has completely randomized builds and start off with random items as well. The reason for the tokens is to prevent the player from trying to cheat the system by constantly restarting to get an advantageous build.

gngf123

Man, the second Azazel picks up Tammy's Head, it is game over.

You get tokens for beating Mom.
Eden works by allocating random stats and 2 items at the start of a new game.

Take on Sheol and the Cathedral. Play as all characters. Unlock extra chapters.

You need Eden tokens to play as her and you get one every time you beat Mom. Eden has completely randomized builds and start off with random items as well. The reason for the tokens is to prevent the player from trying to cheat the system by constantly restarting to get an advantageous build.

Man, the second Azazel picks up Tammy's Head, it is game over.

You get tokens for beating Mom.
Eden works by allocating random stats and 2 items at the start of a new game.

Ah ok, thanks.

SerTapTap

I just picked up a
gold key with a skull on it
that played an extremely ominous tune and doesn't show up as an item. What the hell was THAT? It's not on plat god. No item name or description popped up when I grabbed it.

Mutley

Neo Member
Just defeated Mom's heart. I absolutely love this game. It's like if crack and heroin made a baby in the form of this game.

jblank83

I just picked up a
that played an extremely ominous tune and doesn't show up as an item. What the hell was THAT? It's not on plat god. No item name or description popped up when I grabbed it.

The gold key is an unlimited key for one floor only. You can open every door and every gold chest without consuming your key stock. There will be a temporary icon displayed over your keys in the stats bar, by your bombs and coins.

It does not work for key beggar.

It's an old BoI "consumable", not really a spoiler.

David___

Banned
I just picked up a

You get infinite keys on that floor when you pick it up.

sackninja

Just fought mama gurdy for the first time, such a good boss in my opinion.

Beat moms heart like 4 or 5 times now. Going okay, not played a huge amount. Got platinum god in original isaac.

Cbajd5

The ending that some people seem to have missed is ending 4. So I don't think you will have any problems.

I just got 4,but didn't get 2 or 3 yet. Is it maybe because the past two times I beat
Mom's Heart
I went to
Sheol
? I think this was the 4th time I beat it.

CassSept

Is the unlock for Samson buggy? I have the Basement Boy achievement for no damage but still no Samson unlock.

No damage achievements are bugged apparently, don't know if that was fixed in 1.0.1. You only need(/ed) to take no damage on the second part of the floor to get the achievement, the first part didn't factor in. On the flip side, this does not affect Samson unlock.

So you probably took some damage on Basement I and took no damage on Basement II, this way you got Basement Boy, but not Samson.

I don't know, but I got him after beating Satan. So maybe after completing Sheol?

That's right.

Yaari

I doubt I'll ever be good at this game haha. I hate this poo boss that swiftly moves towards you. He always hits me at least 2-3 times. Very annoying.

kenta

Has no PEINS
If my trophies aren't unlocking on PS4, do I just need to wait for the 1.0.1 patch? Or is there something else I can do to get them working?

I did a quick search and saw other people with this problem but no solutions

Hyunkel6

Got to my first Mom boss battle after 4 runs. I could have beat her if I did not go explore and lose 1/2 of my total hearts. I cried Isaac tears. :(

I had 3 friends with me, including Gemini and Maggy.

bronk

Banned
I got an item that made me teleport to a random room everytime I got hit. I couldnt finish the game because everytime I got hit in boss room I got teleported out. :'(

I got an item that made me teleport to a random room everytime I got hit. I couldnt finish the game because everytime I got hit in boss room I got teleported out. :'(

Solution: don't get hit!

Also, yeah, that's pretty hard unless you end up with a super OP build.

Lazyslob

Banned

yeah i forgot what the items name is but its a crystal eye that charges shots and shoots like 4 in a row. that item is a total run killer

SerTapTap

Just had these amazing tears and almost no hearts. Sadly I lost to red champion mom. The game's enemy RNG hates me tonight but the item RNG loves me.

The gold key is an unlimited key for one floor only. You can open every door and every gold chest without consuming your key stock. There will be a temporary icon displayed over your keys in the stats bar, by your bombs and coins.

It does not work for key beggar.

It's an old BoI "consumable", not really a spoiler.

Ohhh, guess I've never gotten it before.

Finalow

edit/I find the Haunt harder than Dingle. Dingle is actually quite easy, watch his face and when he slides towards you just run around him.

I got much better at this game now, I wasn't even able to finish Mom's heart in the original one. might be that I'm liking this one much more and that I'm also playing it a lot more, or might be that the original lacked Azazel. in any case, I think that someday I'll go back to play the first game and finish it properly.

Ferrio

Banned
You guys will forget Azreal once you unlock the D6. Isaac OP.

Glad the dark bum was nerfed, sad at the same too. He was the insta carry.

CassSept

Aaand when I complain that I can't get Ludovico technique I get Ludovico technique. With pretty sizable shielded tears and 12 normal hearts. I almost got Dark Boy but got an impossible room with my build, I was very slow and I came across a room with blue spikes, bah.

Also had a champion boss rush, that was pretty fun and hectic. I love the addition of boss rush, I really do, it's insane.

Just had these amazing tears and almost no hearts. Sadly I lost to red champion mom. The game's enemy RNG hates me tonight but the item RNG loves me.

Unless it was changed, KEEP MOVING left-right and shoot tears in the other direction, red champion mom is the one that only keeps on stomping very fast right>?

edit/I find the Haunt harder than Dingle. Dingle is actually quite easy, watch his face and when he slides towards you just run around him.

I actually agree, I found Dingle very frustrating at first but once I got his pattern (KEEP MOVING when he smiles, wait for three slides, spam tears) he got pretty easy quickly.

MUnited83

For you.
Asking again: how do you drop trinkets on the Vita?

Edit: Damn. I was having a wonderful run with Isaac that seems that it's now completely broken. When trying to enter the boss room the game crashes(the boss room is also one area before where the supposed boss area is listed on the map.

David___

Banned
Quad Scythe shot

PUjPiO5.jpg

Edit: lol I'm one shoting enemies in the Womb

SerTapTap

I'm 95% sure Samson is bugged on PS4

Unless it was changed, KEEP MOVING left-right and shoot tears in the other direction, red champion mom is the one that only keeps on stomping very fast right>?

I think she used to, but this one only MOSTLY stomped, it still did other stuff.

David___

Banned
Seconding this. Select does nothing.

I also encountered this:

Literally the spinning barrel from Sonic 3. I thought I had to restart, couldn't get out until I tried pressing up and down.

Pretty sure you need to hold select down to drop stuff.

Top Bottom