• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Exalted

Any tips on how to force the game to give you angel rooms instead of devil ones, and geting acess to cathedral instead of sheol?

Chesskid1

Banned
Thanks, that worked. Weird that you have to hold it down for like 3 seconds considering Select does nothing else.

Just pressing select quickly has a use later in the game, very minor spoilers.

You can pick up more than one pill with the pill baggy and it allows you to switch pills

Chesskid1

Banned
does sync not work between ps4 and vita atm?

m6slvpY.png

aHtjj9J.png

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/530773842919030785

I keep putting together these crazy ass runs and then something will get in the way of my killing of a heart! Game got even harder the first time I beat mom a few nights ago. Finally beat her again and got into the uterus but some weird shit went down and got toasted.

This game is incredible

Sciz

It's always comforting to be reminded that no matter how dire a run seems at the moment, all it takes is a single stroke of luck to swing the pendulum back the other way.

??? run with a mitre, maxed out cash, and a dead cat with guppy's collar, but mediocre offense, no defenses, and low health. Blue Mom burned through a bunch of lives, leading me to actually try the Suicide King card I had on hand out of desperation. Turns out it kills you, surprise surprise, but it also spawns a bunch of loot on the spot. Digging through it on the next go around I found a wheel of fortune card, and maxed out my health from the gambling that resulted, which was enough of a buffer to get me past Mom. Next floor spawned an angel room with a wafer, and the floor after that netted me guppy's head, completing the guppy set. Isaac didn't stand a chance, and the D6 is mine once more.

Ferrio

Banned
Any tips on how to force the game to give you angel rooms instead of devil ones, and geting acess to cathedral instead of sheol?

Don't take devil deals. Soon as you take one you won't be offered god rooms. So if your first one is a devil room just don't take any of the deals and hope the next time it opens it's god.

SerTapTap

Beat boss rush. Lost to Satan's first form. I'm not great at Satan and Azazel's short range don't help.

Crazy

Always frustrating to get great damage and no health or vice versa.

The sad thing is I didn't even take devil deals, I lost 2 hearts due to dying as Lazarus, but other than that it was just crap RNG, and also barely any soul hearts that run.

Anustart

It's always comforting to be reminded that no matter how dire a run seems at the moment, all it takes is a single stroke of luck to swing the pendulum back the other way.

??? run with a mitre, maxed out cash, and a dead cat with guppy's collar, but mediocre offense, no defenses, and low health. Blue Mom burned through a bunch of lives, leading me to actually try the Suicide King card I had on hand out of desperation. Turns out it kills you, surprise surprise, but it also spawns a bunch of loot on the spot. Digging through it on the next go around I found a wheel of fortune card, and maxed out my health from the gambling that resulted, which was enough of a buffer to get me past Mom. Next floor spawned an angel room with a wafer, and the floor after that netted me guppy's head, completing the guppy set. Isaac didn't stand a chance, and the D6 is mine once more.

In my case, no matter how shitty a run is, I know it'll only get worse. I have shit luck with cool combos. Synergies are like nessie and samsquamch to me, myths.

Stoze

Does Maggy's Yum heart count as picking up a heart when trying to unlock Eve? Either it does or just keep picking them up without noticing.

Burnburn

The
Solar System
challenge has to be the most frustrating thing I've done in a while. This is just not fun, waiting ages for a fly to get to the right spot isn't fun, it's torture. So after trying for 3 hours I finally get a lucky break and get the baby brimstone from the devil and a dark bum. Well I thought I had a lucky break before the game decided that there is no such thing as a lucky break. No health pick-ups anymore and double fucking
Krampus
as boss. Fuck this game, I can't even be mad.

Chesskid1

Banned
an achievement popped up like 5 minutes after i did it.. lol

i thought my achievements just stopped working but it just came up

i completed two in one run so waiting for the other one, they are very obvious ones like beat x boss 9 times

Meia

Just had Spoon Bender + Rubber Cement, fun combo.

Doesn't always drop a soul heart. Seems to be like every 2 hearts.

It always used to drop a soul heart before? I find it kind of OP now, back then must have been silly.

Right now fighting Krampus seems to always make me able to spawn Sheol, as most bosses, including the heart, melt with his space bar item. Damage from it seems to be max no matter what your damage rating is.

On another note, has anyone figured out the karma system the game has yet(the idea of being more blessed/cursed)?

Squozen

I'm not sure how, but I beat the game on my first run. I can tell it was a fluke because I've not gotten close in the subsequent playthroughs.

Finalow

holy fuck that was intense.

I had a shit run but I decided to give it a go and went to the Cathedral anyway. I wanted to rush to the boss and I skipped some rooms (10+ ghosts and 5 hands? Lolno, fuck you game) and got the right path for the boss at the first time. killed the boss one hit away from dying.

Finalow

I think that The Adversary wins the worst new boss award. that fucking brimstone attack. probably one of the hardest "normal" bosses.

also I'm trying to get no damage womb/utero trophy but these guys always get me, fuck - them.
Lump.png

AoM

I think that The Adversary wins the worst new boss award. that fucking brimstone attack. probably one of the hardest "normal" bosses.

also I'm trying to get no damage womb/utero trophy but these guys always get me, fuck - them.
Lump.png

I miss the shy lumps. These new ones will literally appear right next to you.

Finalow

anyone watching cobalt stream? The Lost #hype.
inb4 they don't unlock shit.

I miss the shy lumps. These new ones will literally appear right next to you.
seriously. if they didn't they would be pretty easy but nope, gotta appear right in front of my face and shoot 0.01 seconds after it.

Top Bottom