• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

-PXG-

Whaaaaaat

whaaaatttt

You have to play a PERFECT, FLAWLESS game with
The Lost
He has no health at all.

No one is getting 100%. No one.

Cobalt and Dick are fucked

AoM

Holy shit how did cobalt unlock him

Die by a mulliboom with Isaac on the basement. Kill yourself as Maggy with a bomb in the caves. Die by Mom's foot as Judas. Die by the second form of Satan as Azazel. And apparently the Lost can only get hit once. No health ups.

Finalow

Lol. with the Lost
you have no health bar, 1 hit = you're dead

enjoy your 100% boys ;D

Whaaaaaat

whaaaatttt

You have to play a PERFECT, FLAWLESS game with
The Lost
He has no health at all.

No one is getting 100%. No one.

Cobalt and Dick are fucked
Lololol

-PXG-

So, to get 100%, you have to beat

Mom's Foot
It Lives
Satan
Isaac
Blue Baby
The Lamb
Mega Satan

With
The Lost
. Oh and do it on normal and hard....Fuck. That. Shit.

No one is getting 100%. Nobody will legitimately. No one.

Edmund is a fucking sinister demon. Pure evil. This is just cruel. No one on Earth will be able to do this.

Gerugamesh

Neo Member
I beat Satan with Isaac today. The Brimstone combination I got was strong enough to take down his first form (after the Fallen he spawns) in a few shots.

Mom's Foot
It Lives
Satan
Isaac
Blue Baby
The Lamb
Mega Satan

With
The Lost

Keep restarting until Holy Mantle is in your first item room (it's happened to me before). There's pretty much no other way.

-PXG-

Keep restarting until Holy Mantle is in your first item room (it's happened to me before). There's pretty much no other way.

Oh and Boss Rush mode too lol.

Forget it. Cobalt and Dick will die trying. They went be able to. I'm serious. No mortal can achieve 100% in this game.

-PXG-

You better have serious orbitals, the mask and holy mantle or else your are absolutely fucked.

I still can't believe Edmund would do this. Every and any room can now kill your run in an instant.

Rubius

You better have serious orbitals, the mask and holy mantle or else your are absolutely fucked.

I still can't believe Edmund would do this. Every and any room can now kill your run in an instant.

What? Most of runs I had one or two orbitals. Still not at the end of the game, but the game seem easier for the most part than Isaac

-PXG-

What? Most of runs I had one or two orbitals. Still not at the end of the game, but the game seem easier for the most part than Isaac

I'm talking about
The Lost

Cobalt just died on Boss Rush

Oh and Curse Rooms are out of the question too.

Finalow

so cobalt died during the boss rush. RIP
(by the way in how many minutes do you have to beat Mom in order to unlock it? Was it under 20?)

Mom's Foot
It Lives
Satan
Isaac
Blue Baby
The Lamb
Mega Satan

With
The Lost

Edmund is a fucking sinister demon. Pure evil. This is just cruel. No one on Earth will be able to do this.
fuck that shit indeed.

when he realizes that no one is getting it he's going to buff the character, I think.

Afrodium

Banned

Mom's Foot
It Lives
Satan
Isaac
Blue Baby
The Lamb
Mega Satan

With
The Lost

Watching Cobalt's stream I went fom "heh, this is a funny novelty character" to the realization that I will never get True Platinum God. This is insane.

Patch v1.01 is now available on PS4.

Save uploading is now a manual process that the user can perform
When continuing a run you now start off in the room you saved in
Restarting a seeded run now keeps the same seed for the new run
Fixed player position issue when leaving the black market
Fixed issue where Haunt boss could get stuck in certain circumstances
Fixed a crash when fighting one of the final bosses
Miscellaneous bug fixes, tweaks, and balancing changes

Sciz

Lucking into an early leaf and some form of passive damage would do it, but that's the only plausible way that comes to mind.

-PXG-

I wish they were more specific about tweaks and balancing changes. For instance, does that include beefing Dark Bum?

v4skunk84

Banned
Haven't even got to mom yet.
But damn... Just had a run with some crazy stuff. A brimstone baby, a baby that makes flies. Another kid shooting blood and another shooting tears. Thus isn't including onion breath, boomerang. A exploding brain and a eyeball that bounces around the room.
Crazy stuff. My exploding brain killed me though :(

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Damn patch is almost as big as the game. Hope it fixes the random cut to infinite loading screen. Had no issues teus/wed but last two days it's been happening a lot.

jblank83

I think that The Adversary wins the worst new boss award.

I don't know. That new fricking ghost on the very first level, the one that tears open its face and moves back and forth at the top of the screen shooting brimstones, is a total *****.

That thing will end a run so quick.

-PXG-

Damn patch is almost as big as the game. Hope it fixes the random cut to infinite loading screen. Had no issues teus/wed but last two days it's been happening a lot.

They probably had to recompile the game in order to add whatever changes they made.

Finalow

oh well boys, gg 100% dream is over.

I don't know. That new fricking ghost on the very first level, the one that tears open its face and moves back and forth at the top of the screen shooting brimstones, is a total *****.

That thing will end a run so quick.
yeah the Haunt, when you get one in the first 2 levels it's a fucking pain the ass.

later on I still think that the Adversary is harder.

autoduelist

Is there a good item guide on phones? I like to play in bed and don't feel like getting up to my computer every time I wanna check an item. The Platinum God site doesn't seem to work properly on my iPhone. There are two guidebook apps on the App Store, but they're way out of date with no info on Rebirth.

Use a wiki? Platinum god works on the vita browser, thankfully.

How the hell are you supposed to complete the Cat Got Your Tongue challenge?

It's annoying but doable. If you're extra lucky, you'll find a
bible
to finish, but I did it w/o one. Don't forget to always trigger your special ability and arm yourself with extra flies.

SerTapTap

Meh, it does not change too much. All it does is halve the number of heart you get and up the number of curses you get.

Well it basically introduces curses, I'm not sure I've ever gotten a curse before "earning" it. I was meaning to unlock the D6, but Azazel is too fun...

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
They probably had to recompile the game in order to add whatever changes they made.

Ah yeah I guess that makes sense. Figured it might not be necessary since it's not flash anymore. Oh well. Can watch LA destroy my nucks for a bit more >.>

Celegus

I think that The Adversary wins the worst new boss award. that fucking brimstone attack. probably one of the hardest "normal" bosses.

also I'm trying to get no damage womb/utero trophy but these guys always get me, fuck - them.
Lump.png

Diglett always gets me too. My last run had anti-gravity tears on the first level and I decided to stick with it. Somehow made it to the Heart, but those little guys got me. Anti-grav tears work pretty well as a minefield, but not when the Heart is going nutso.

Rubius

1D54B737BA4D4F9E1CB3A9033A2530B4AAE3826B

Any idea what caused me to teleport randomly everytime I get hit? I have no idea. Seem to have started after Cursed Eye - Charge Shot?

Chesskid1

Banned
awesome sony with the fast patch support IMO, that was pretty quick.

the upload/download options was exactly what i wanted, now turn on your server.

i remember watching people use mom's knife it was so damn strong, now that i've used it, it's kinda hard for me. suck aiming with it and getting close.

Rubius

from that ive gathered in this thread the crystal randomly teleports you to a different room each time your hit

The crystal?
I had :
Tough Love - Tears are sometime Teeths
Rage - From Samson
Electrical Plug - Regen with Damage ?
Unicorn Stump - Invincibility for a short period
Cursed Eye - Charged Tears
Cell - HP Up
Match Stick - Bombs and Evil Up

I had no crystal or trinket.

The crystal?
I had :