• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

KiraXD

Downloaded the 500mb update but still can't upload/migrate my saves from ps4 to vita. :(

nope and its irritating, i have two playthrough going, unlocking different things and that bothers me lol....

...and now the game crashed on me (where its never done so before) using eve and walking changing screens on basement 1.

mattp

is the stat tracking in this game broken?
ive beaten mom at least 5 times already but it says ive only done it once
i just beat her heart for the first time, and thats not even possible without beating her twice right? lol

Helmholtz

So, I've defeated
mom's heart
3 times now, and on my third time I went into the devil room and
went down to the next level and defeated Satan
. If I repeat this again I assume I can continue past that point? How many more stages are there?
i just beat her heart for the first time, and thats not even possible without beating her twice right? lol
When it says how many times you beat mom, it really means her heart. Kind of misleading for sure.

MUnited83

For you.

Mom kills only count mom's heart kills.(and yes, it's supposed to be this way)

1UP seems to work with The Lost. 100% is definitely possible.(still unbelievably fucking hard as fuck)

mattp

i tweeted at tyrone from nicalis about patching in a gamma slider for the vita version
have they said anything about that? it really needs it

-PXG-

Synch still doesn't work... :/

I really want to transfer my save to my Vita and not have to play on my PS4. Lunch breaks at work would be faaaar much better with Rebirth.

I haven't had too many problems with the Haunt. He's def annoying but if you're patient and look for the telegraphed brimstone he's not that bad. Also if you put a bomb in his path he gets stuck on it.

Lumps in the Womb upset me the most. They'll teleport right underneath though causing unavoidable damage if you're unlucky. They also often shoot instantly when popping up out of the ground. Probably the only enemy I'd consider outright unfair that needs to be patched asap.

Simple spiders on hard mode annoy me too. I have more trouble no damage clearing the basement than the lower floors at this point.

Sciz

What's the difference between Normal and Hard mode?

As far as I've noticed, you encounter more champion monsters, champions don't drop items, and you have a significantly reduced chance to get item drops after clearing a room. You end up being terribly resource starved, which is a problem when good resource management is normally what helps you stay a step ahead even when item spawns aren't going your way.

Not a lot of fun in my experience.

ElTopo

Banned
So Azazel+Electronic Eye tear control thingie=

2014-11-09_00002_zpsc109c4be.jpg

It's fun to break the game sometimes. That was on the very first level too. And towards the end I got Tammy's Head on top of that but even with all that I just barely beat Isaac.

I think I have 3-4 characters left to beat the game with. Plus I unlocked
Everything is Terrible.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm about to take on Mom's Heart for the first time. I'm basically a tank right now. My damage output is insane. Question though, would it be a good or a bad idea to use the Strength tarot during the fight? Would growing larger make me a bigger target or anything?

this game is everything i had hoped it would be :D

i just got gravity tears + ringworm. jeeze... it's like a defence barrier i can build and when releasing it becomes tornadoes of uncontrollable tears.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh my god. You guys. Holy shit.

Mom's Heart. I beat it with half a heart left. Then her dying explosion killed me. But I had the "Eternal life?" item (I forget the name but that was the description), and it revived me outside the boss room and I was able to go in and grab the chest and finish the game.

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

SerTapTap

The Womb lump things that teleport and spit are the worst. I'll never get a hitless run with those bastards.

Is there a foolproof way to avoid Satan's first hoof? I just lost a run on Hard I would have won if I lived long enough to activate Tammy's Head. 1 heart left. Hoof. Dead.

Give it to me straight, guys. Am I out of luck on getting the rest of the endings?

I don't think so, I had ending 1 not unlocked, but I got it later.

BTW PS4 patch might have glitched the ending videos? I watched them earlier today but now they all immediately go to credits.

Lazyslob

Banned
just had the most intense eden run. does eden get different hairstyles or something, cause i swear last time i played this character it was different

Ferrio

Banned
Can't say how happy I'm to see newcomers to isaac.

Remember one of the best ways to get better is to watch some pros. Hell I hated the game until I just happened upon lethalfrag. After like a week or more watching him play I decided to give the game another chance and fell in love.

Richard Hammer currently stremaing
http://www.twitch.tv/richard_hammer

Very cool guy, probably my favorite isaac streamer with a close second to cobalt. Richard is just a lot more down to earth, great life stories. Right now he's trying to complete the game as the lost (the character that dies in one hit).

Also Cobalstreak/Richardhammer run speed running competitions with quite a bit of cash on the line. So if you're looking to get into that, now is the time to starting practicing since they'll eventually start running Rebirth competitions.

SerTapTap

just had the most intense eden run. does eden get different hairstyles or something, cause i swear last time i played this character it was different

Eden's thing is that it's randomly generated, there's a devlog about it. Love the idea but I don't have enough tokens/don't kill the heart consistently enough to feel comfortable playing too many runs as them.

Can't say how happy I'm to see newcomers to isaac.

What a great way to get into it too--I'm having a much better time getting started than I did with the original. I'm so happy Azazel is included, I'm sure it was done to satisfy newbies or people who just want to feel OP. I think anyone put off by the "why don't I keep my upgrades?!?!?" thing should at least try a couple of Azazel runs to see what they think.

I should start streaming runs, I've gotten decent faster than I was expecting, though I should stop depending so much on starting with brimstone. Need to unlock everyone else's stuff too.

If anyone's wondering, Dr. Fetus and Mom's Knife don't stack. Exploding knives would have been cool, but they'd probably end up killing you.

Wiggle worm + the knife is pretty funny btw.

SerTapTap

If anyone's wondering, Dr. Fetus and Mom's Knife don't stack. Exploding knives would have been cool, but they'd probably end up killing you.

Wiggle worm + the knife is pretty funny btw.

Yeah, some items still don't interact. Chocolate Milk + Brimstone seems to improve charging time, slightly alter the color of the blast and not do too much else, for instance. Doesn't do the funky partially charged weirdness of the original. A fair few tear effecting items don't affect brimstone, but interactions in general are MUCH improved over BOI.

Also seems to have fixed my missing endings.

I had missing endings, but I can't tell if the patch fixed them or if I just unlocked them as I went. I still have "in between" endings locked, probably due to me using god/devil rooms to skip the ending I should get. I've done it almost every time so far.

Holy crap. I just two-shot Mother with the Mutant Spider enhanced Azazel. Sheesh, this is great!

I played the game a decent amount when it originally released, but I'm loving it now. I don't like the theme and such of the game, but the gameplay is completely awesome. Every run feels different!

Ferrio

Banned
Guess there's a glitch for the lost to be invincible?

The Dark Room
just owned me. Is
Mega Satan
the boss there?

Yes and no. The boss is the Lamb. Dark satan is behind the big golden door in the dark room as well as the big door in the chest. To open it you need to assemble a key from bombing angels in god rooms or use dad's key

Lazyslob

Banned
Eden's thing is that it's randomly generated, there's a devlog about it. Love the idea but I don't have enough tokens/don't kill the heart consistently enough to feel comfortable playing too many runs as them.

thats awesome. i loved the first isaac but this game is so much of an improvement over the first. so much secrets to this game and everyone seems to be searching for them, haha. i loved the soundtrack to the first game but the soundtrack to this one is soooo good.

SerTapTap

assemble a key from bombing angels in god rooms

Does the game punish you for doing this in any way?

thats awesome. i loved the first isaac but this game is so much of an improvement over the first. so much secrets to this game and everyone seems to be searching for them, haha. i loved the soundtrack to the first game but the soundtrack to this one is soooo good.

The original was a masterpiece, but had some pretty deep flaws. This fixes like 95% of those and adds a ton of shit to boot. Absolutely amazing, what every remake should strive to be.

Top Bottom