• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

I love the little ghost familiar. Description is "fear Him" which obviously he invokes fear and damages enemies. But he seems WAY more aggressive than most familiars and does pretty good damage too.

Also got Guppy's Paw and Soul Converter in the same room as Azazel with only 3 black hearts. By switching between them I could convert one black heart to one red heart and then one red heart to two black heart.....full hearts in in no time!

Beaten Mom's Heart ten times now!

I've beat Mom's Heart with Poison Tears + Double Shot + Controlled Tears + Magic Mushroom on Hard.

I thought Controlled Tears would be my downfall but in the end, I got it down.

Really love this game. Haven't stopped playing since it came out.

I take my Vita with me during commuting. That's how much I enjoy this game.

Ferrio

Banned
haha it was a peck for the subscribers i think

Ya. Cobalt was so uncomfortable. Richard didn't bat an eye really. But he's said before that he gets " a little gay" when he smoked weed so...

L797LM1.gif

Ogawa-san

BTW PS4 patch might have glitched the ending videos? I watched them earlier today but now they all immediately go to credits.
I've unlocked some earlyer and didn't have issues, but now I've unlocked #5 and that happened. I can't even watch it on stats>endings, it does the same thing.

Ferrio

Banned
I haven't seen her on stream like I did 2 years back. But still, it's good to know that Cobalt's enjoying his life doing what he likes the most. :)

Oh she cheated on him.

No, he's currently seeing some girl that he met through his chat. Ms Eve.

Feltrol

Banned
Oh she cheated on him.

No, he's currently seeing some girl that he met through his chat. Ms Eve.

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. Well, at least it happened while they were dating and not after.

By the way... how do you know all this? Long time lurker on his stream?

Finally got to use
The Bible
against
Mom
. Fuck yes.

image.php

Congratulations. Now, time to move on to harder challenges!

Meia

So I just finished a run on samson, was on the last floor of the womb and I get a room with a huge dice on the floor(2nd time on the run I've seen it). First one(think it was the #2) rerolled every item on the ground in that room. Second one however was the fun one, that seemed to reroll every item I HAD on samson.

I basically went from a mining helmet poop on his head character to a tiny halo wearing character that could no longer fire tears, but bombs. Now, I know what the bomb one was, the problem was they kind of just orbited around him, so going to guess it was tiny planet too). Basically, pressing a tear button would cause a bomb to spawn like 4 feet away from samson, that would then spin in a 3/4 circle arc before coming to a stop and then blowing up. That made the heart fight FUN. Thankfully he had the bird that does damage when you take it, plus the leech that basically just kept eating the heart. :p

I'm pissed right know, i have a pretty good run with good items with maggy! I beat mom's hearts without taking any damage....

and No cathedral or sheol entrance... FUCK

i'm so sad... :(

Stoze

Having so much fun right now, been getting better at killing Mom's heart even if I don't have any OP items. Managed to it with soymilk and some stat and health ups, nothing special. I also think I abused the unlimited soul heart cap in the first game way too much, so the 12 heart cap is definitely making it more challenging than I thought.

Unfortunately I haven't had many ridiculous runs since Tuesday when I first played, I got Tammy and Brimstone, but had half a heart left and ran into a spike :(

Ferrio

Banned
Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. Well, at least it happened while they were dating and not after.

By the way... how do you know all this? Long time lurker on his stream?

Ya been watching him for awhile.

I'm pissed right know, i have a pretty good run with good items with maggy! I beat mom's hearts without taking any damage....

and No cathedral or sheol entrance... FUCK

i'm so sad... :(

Don't worry both will be open permenantly after enough kills.

Ya been watching him for awhile.

Don't worry both will be open permenantly after enough kills.

i know that, i was platinum god on the first one, but at the beginning it's still frustating, i would have beat satan or isaac very easily this time!

whelp, time to kill you once again mom!

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So question: I`m outside
Issac
as azazel but have the ank. If I
Die on purpose and become blue baby
and then kill him i`ll get the
D6
correct? Not sure I`ll have enough hp is my only concern.

Ferrio

Banned
So question: I`m outside
Issac
as azazel but have the ank. If I
Die on purpose and become blue baby
and then kill him i`ll get the
D6
correct? Not sure I`ll have enough hp is my only concern.

Believe so since you are the blue baby.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol shit took telepills and got error room. To the chest then. I assume that doesn`t count then? Crap I had 3 balls of steel pills waiting in the secret room too for after I died.

edit: oh god I now have wafer and infamy, the miter, mario statue leaf, attack spiders and tammy`s head. Time to die bb lol

Hesemonni

Banned
Holy shit. I just beat
Isaac
with dice room re-rolled Isaac for the first time ever. I never managed to kill him in the original so I'm kinda over the moon ;)

I'm still not feeling the new soundtrack. I'd love to play the game with the old OST as an option. Wonder why they didn't squeeze that in. Kinda seems like a no-brainer knowing how well liked the old soundtrack was.

Oh and Boss Rush mode too lol.

Forget it. Cobalt and Dick will die trying. They went be able to. I'm serious. No mortal can achieve 100% in this game.

Eh, it's doable. You just need good combat and good defense. It's just going to be a lot more difficult to get 100% than WotL.

EDIT: The damage achievements are super broken. I got Dark Boy, even though I took damage from an enemy once on the Depths.

Hamster

FWIW, no damage achievements are still broken, I used a Bad Trip pill on Caves I and still got Spelunker Boy.

It probably uses the same system the original Isaac did, bad trip or health down don't count towards damage, neither do blood donations or items like razorblade.

Rubius

Was Guppy Maggie with Fetus on the Womb. Didnt like Fetus so when I saw the 1 reroll room, I got in. Became Lord of the Fly with Technology. Welp. Dont know what Lord of the Fly did, but Tear bombs with Big Black Fly and Rubber tears? Destroy bosses when it hit.

I think Lord of the Flies give you like a special white fly that attack enemies? I know I was not spawning blue flies like Guppy, which is weird. Also, all flies became ally flies.

Rubius

Best rouge like ever? Anything even come close in terms of fun and re-playability?

Not really a roguelike. It's a Roguelite, like I call them. The ideas of Rogue but with a lot of changes to the gameplay and formula. If you like Isaac, you might like :
Ziggurat, a Quake style FPS like Isaac,
Paraunitical Activities, a Quake style Isaac game. (Not on Steam, Dev threatened Gabe life)
Rogue Legacy, a Metroidvania style Isaacesque,

If you want a casual Rogue like, you can check Dungeon of Dredmor

Cant think of another Isaac "Unlock items everytime you play and use them later" style of game. Would like some too.

Here a Steam list of games like Issac

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm seems trophies are glitched now. Got Dr fetus and unlocked some challenge too. Oh well game didn't give me the endless loading screen today. Also fins it hilarious I beat the chest before the cathedral.

-PXG-

Eh, it's doable. You just need good combat and good defense. It's just going to be a lot more difficult to get 100% than WotL.

EDIT: The damage achievements are super broken. I got Dark Boy, even though I took damage from an enemy once on the Depths.

Guys like Dick Hammer and Cobalt are some of the best players at this game. They can barely progress on Normal. The furthest either of them got was to Mom's Heart. I've been playing and watching, going back and forth and at least from what I've seen, that only happened once so far. A lot of runs have ended from all sorts of things that would just be considered common mishaps. But in this case, a single mishap means game over unless you have something like Holy Mantle.

Just now, while writing this post, Dick died from going through a door and getting hit by an eternal fly. Just like that...his run was over.

Guys like Dick Hammer and Cobalt are some of the best players at this game. They can barely progress on Normal. The furthest either of them got was to Mom's Heart. I've been playing and watching, going back and forth and at least from what I've seen, that only happened once so far. A lot of runs have ended from all sorts of things that would just be considered common mishaps. But in this case, a single mishap means game over unless you have something like Holy Mantle.

Just now, while writing this post, Dick died from going through a door and getting hit by an eternal fly. Just like that...his run was over.

BEST players? i don't watch them... But i already beat satan 3 times! Mom's heart 10 times.... And i'm REAAAALY not one of the best player around!

The game isn't that hard, all the achievement are doable, some way ahrder than other sure, but you can do them!

People said that can't beat everything too on the first game, and many people got the platinum god (me too)

Rubius

Are you talking about a secret character that die in one hit or something? Because reading your text, it's not clear at all.

theytookourjobz

BEST players? i don't watch them... But i already beat satan 3 times! Mom's heart 10 times.... And i'm REAAAALY not one of the best player around!

The game isn't that hard, all the achievement are doable, some way ahrder than other sure, but you can do them!

People said that can't beat everything too on the first game, and many people got the platinum god (me too)

There was nothing like the Lost in the original.

Are you talking about a secret character that die in one hit or something? Because reading your text, it's not clear at all.

Yea. There's a character called the Lost that has no health bar. One hit kill. Can't pick up any health upgrades or soul hearts.

Yea. There's a character called the Lost that has no health bar. One hit kill. Can't pick up any health upgrades or soul hearts.

And you need to beat every boss with that char to get platinum god?
If so, I'm not very motivated to for that achievement anymore. Basically impossible to do unless you start playing Isaac as a fulltime job for the next months.

Edit: just saw, that you don't need to it for the normal platinum god, only for 'real platinum god' which 99.99% of players will never get in the current state

-PXG-

Me and several posters have mentioned the secret character, The Lost. I've posted the criteria on how to unlock him...err...it earlier. Anyway, The Lost as no health and cannot pickup or benefit from any health or health up items. Getting hit just once results in death. Game Over. You have to play a completely flawless game. A fucking perfect run, unless you have an item like Holy Mantle or something that gives you multiple lives. ... And beat Boss Rush and every boss, including and after Mom's Heart..Oh and do that on Normal and Hard too. Do all of that with the Lost, assuming you've done everything else, you got your 100% completion.

Rubius

Yeah I dont mind players not being about to 100% the game easily. It will give some prestige and make streamers play over and over trying to get it.

Me and several posters have mentioned the secret character, The Lost. I've posted the criteria on how to unlock him...err...it earlier. Anyway, The Lost as no health and cannot pickup or benefit from any health or health up items. Getting hit just once results in death. Game Over. You have to play a completely flawless game. A fucking perfect run, unless you have an item like Holy Mantle or something that gives you multiple lives. ... And beat Boss Rush and every boss, including and after Mom's Heart..Oh and do that on Normal and Hard too. Do all of that with the Lost, assuming you've done everything else, you got your 100% completion.

ho in that case forgot what i said earlier, wasn't aware that you talked about this character! Sorry!

Beepos

Do you get the option for co-op games on PC once a controller is plugged in? I don't seem to see any setting to start one otherwise?

KiraXD

i think i got really lucky.

Ive only ever beat mom once... then got to her heart once... and
the room right before boss room had treasure room with the Bible and i was able to kill the heart instantly, i had half a heart going into that fight and had no idea what the bible even did.

Top Bottom