• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Rubius

Do you get the option for co-op games on PC once a controller is plugged in? I don't seem to see any setting to start one otherwise?

Just press Start on the controller. A baby will appear. Just tried it. It's drop in style. He steal one heart from you and he start playing.

Rubius

i think i got really lucky.

Ive only ever beat mom once... then got to her heart once... and
the room right before boss room had treasure room with the Bible and i was able to kill the heart instantly, i had half a heart going into that fight and had no idea what the bible even did.

Little spoiler hint about the bible : Watch out.
What works on Mom, do not work on everybody. You shouldnt even try it.

Audioboxer

Azazel seems a pretty awesome character to go. First time playing, not unlocked much yet but the furthest I've got after mom was with Azazel. Picked up a cat with 9 lives which was pretty helpful, although you get one shotted on your extra lives.

Rubius

Azazel seems a pretty awesome character to go. First time playing, not unlocked much yet but the furthest I've got after mom was with Azazel. Picked up a cat with 9 lives which was pretty helpful, although you get one shotted on your extra lives.

9 Life is great if you have Guppy Paw since you can go back up to 3 health everytime. But yeah, you usually try to not die with dead cat. It's something I avoid taking unless I have a ton of Spirit heart or it's my last piece missing

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure this has been answered a couple of times, but I've got ending 1 and just got 3, and I'm missing ending 2. Is it possible for me to get it by now?

-PXG-

Little spoiler hint about the bible : Watch out.
What works on Mom, do not work on everybody. You shouldnt even try it.

Hahaha.

I keep forgetting that a lot of people ITT didn't play the original. No wonder people are asking such basic questions and discovering stuff like this lol

Yes. Anything after the heart/ It Lives... Don't use the Bible. Ever.

Meia

9 Life is great if you have Guppy Paw since you can go back up to 3 health everytime. But yeah, you usually try to not die with dead cat. It's something I avoid taking unless I have a ton of Spirit heart or it's my last piece missing

Something I wondered about, I know picking up the Dead Cat drops you to 1 health, but if you have a lot of other types of hearts already, do those get removed as well? Was in the womb with azazel, had like 3 hearts, 4 dark hearts, and 3 soul hearts at the time, kind of "noped" when I got one to spawn out of a gold chest, figuring I was having a good run(did, first time I ever saw the Cathedral, had a bible on me for It Lives, then finished it after never seeing it or that boss before), but I figure one of those achievements is going to be getting the three guppy items in one run, and that was the third I'd seen...

Akai__

Charcater Spoiler:
Someone out there, who killed Blue Baby or Satan with The Lost? :lol

If Richard can't even finish a run with him, how am I supposed to do it? Only way is to get invincible, but what are the odds of this happening.

-PXG-

Has Dick beaten anything yet with "you know who?. I don't feel like spoiler tagging it every time :p

He needs to stop fucking smoking too. Now that do they have their new goal, I fear his smoking will only get worse.

Finalow

No, except you gotta fight the thing after you bomb it.
wait, fight who?
so I just
destroy 2 random angels in angel rooms and I get the full key ready to use when I reach the dark room?
what's even the point of killing the dark room 'normal' boss then?

-PXG-

just one question about this secret character :

what's a multibomb?

Mulliboom.png

They are more common in the Cellar and beyond. They are very rare in the Basement. As Isaac, you have to get killed by one in either the Basement or Cellar.

Herla

I started a run with Azazel and managed to find the triple shot in my first treasure room.
I was pretty much a living BFG.

Then I got Tammy's head.
One-shotted Mom's heart and pretty much everything that came before that.

Cheers, for the replies last night guys.

The quest for the D6 begins now...

Also, are
Mom's Knife, Quad Shot and Polyphemus unlocked from the beginning?

Yaari

Conjoined Friend on Azazel is fun. I can just hover above a rock and do nothing haha. Love the combinations you can get

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got to
the Dark Room
for the first time and took down
the Lamb
. Whoa, what a cool fight. And that ending!

Why am I excruciatingly bad at this game, GAF? Does it take some time to get used to the controls?

Tell me about it. I watch streams and these people take like no damage.

I get into game and I'm on like a -14 on Isaac but managed to get to Mom once. Unlocked Azael and it's a more interesting play style but I think the problem is coming from not knowing when to do boss rooms or when to use damage door rooms.

I feel like I'm getting better... just feels impossible.

It's still addicting as hell and I keep coming back to it. Something I haven't done with a difficult game in a long time.

Finalow

uhm, how exactly do I enter into the
Dark Room or the Chest?
haven't arrived there yet. do I have to
kill Isaac/Satan before the entrance appears or it's right after Mom's heart?

BumRush

Tell me about it. I watch streams and these people take like no damage.

I get into game and I'm on like a -14 on Isaac but managed to get to Mom once. Unlocked Azael and it's a more interesting play style but I think the problem is coming from not knowing when to do boss rooms or when to use damage door rooms.

I feel like I'm getting better... just feels impossible.

It's still addicting as hell and I keep coming back to it. Something I haven't done with a difficult game in a long time.

I literally gave it 45 min last night and kept dying super quickly, but I'll give it another shot.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
uhm, how exactly do I enter into the
Dark Room or the Chest?
haven't arrived there yet. do I have to
kill Isaac/Satan before the entrance appears or it's right after Mom's heart?

You have to first unlock either the Polaroid or the Negative by beating Isaac or Satan six times respectively. Then you get one of the two from the Mom fight, if it's the Negative, beat Satan to go to the Dark Room, if the Polaroid, beat Isaac to go to the Chest.

Finalow

uh, I got no patch on the ps4? I thought it was out already.

You have to first unlock either the Polaroid or the Negative by beating Isaac or Satan six times respectively. Then you get one of the two from the Mom fight, if it's the Negative, beat Satan to go to the Dark Room, if the Polaroid, beat Isaac to go to the Chest.
yeah I knew about those 2 items but didn't know where exactly the entrance was. thanks.

Stoze

Accidentally ran into the Cursed Eye again thinking it was Mom's Pearl. Completely killed my run for the second time. I can't believe how awful that thing is.

woohoo, first time the cathedral showed up and i beat isaac with blue baby! Too bad that i don't have the polaroid yet, i would have beaten the chest without doubt

SerTapTap

Is that unlock list for
The Lost
legit? Confirmed by anyone in here? I went and did the Maggie part just in case, but the others are going to require a lot more time put in (and sacrificing a solid Azazel run to boot...)

God, two time in a row i made it to isaac with pretty good item, but only 2-3 hearts, died the two times.... so frustated, but so good

I've beaten Mom and want to move on to the deeper parts of the game, anyone recommend any guides or wikis that can get me in the right direction?

CassSept

Is that unlock list for
The Lost
legit? Confirmed by anyone in here? I went and did the Maggie part just in case, but the others are going to require a lot more time put in (and sacrificing a solid Azazel run to boot...)

To be fair, with how op Azazel is it doesn't really sound like that much of a sacrifice.

Top Bottom