• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Ferrio

Banned
Does the game still crash once you go through all the item pools or did they fix that?

When I saw richard hammer do it, the "Breakfast" item would just keep coming up (had like 7 of them in one room). Game started to chug, then he entered the devil room and the game went BOOM soon as he walked in. So stuff gets wonky, think it only crashed cause of the Satan glitch.

Chesskid1

Banned
I don't think I'm going to pick up Bob's Brain anymore. There are too many situations that result in self-damage.

i started doing this, got it 3 times in a run and i dont even have a d6.

screw the charged shot too, sucks so hard and requires you to hold the button.

cakely

Just beat Mom for the first time, and I did it while I was showing off the game in PS$ Shareplay mode. It was nice not to choke under pressure.

zsswimmer

Had no idea Rebirth was free on the ps4 with plus. Thats nice lol.

Anyone else love when they get a 'curse of the maze' level?

edit: Always is nice to get two treasure rooms on one floor :D and two boss rooms lol

Stoze

Question about a new room in Rebirth:

Is the Bedroom supposed to be really rare?
I ask because I think I've only seen it like 3 times, wondering if there's something associated with making it appear more often.

Ozium

all of you people who ignore pills are weird to me

I pop every pill I see as soon as I get it unless it's been identified and it might be more useful later..

pop them pills, kids.. you never know what cool shit is going to happen

MUnited83

For you.
all of you people who ignore pills are weird to me

I pop every pill I see as soon as I get it unless it's been identified and it might be more useful later..

pop them pills, kids.. you never know what cool shit is going to happen

I agree with this. If they are bad, they are only going to affect you once. If they are good you will be able to take advantage of them every time you find it.

autoduelist

So... question to the long time players.

I'm new to BoI, but have been playing on my vita since it came out.

I've beaten
Mom a ton of times, and Mom's Heart at least 3 times
and have beaten 15 of the challenges (worst was probably the cat one, though beans and satellite sucked too. the other 5 i haven't unlocked yet, but i did purist.)

Anyway... is there a 'checklist' of things I need to be doing to unlock stuff? Like, do I need to go beat the game with every character? Is there anything I should be focusing on? I've just been playing w/o any real focus on progression, with the exception of beating challenges as I unlock them, but I feel like now I need to start going through and intentionally unlocking things... but I don't know where to start.

ibl0Myuec6p2Vo.jpg

Got a f'in army with me this time. Got an item called Challenge that shot me straight to Mom and now I got this thing for a gift and man, think I'm set.

Controlled shot is actually really freakin good. Especially for bosses that like to be stationary.

Sciz

Anyway... is there a 'checklist' of things I need to be doing to unlock stuff? Like, do I need to go beat the game with every character? Is there anything I should be focusing on? I've just been playing w/o any real focus on progression, with the exception of beating challenges as I unlock them, but I feel like now I need to start going through and intentionally unlocking things... but I don't know where to start.

Further progress entails beating
the heart
several more times. You'll know when it's been enough. The characters you use don't matter, although it's worth doing it with all of them to unlock more items.

Ferrio

Banned
So... question to the long time players.

I'm new to BoI, but have been playing on my vita since it came out.

I've beaten
Mom a ton of times, and Mom's Heart at least 3 times
and have beaten 15 of the challenges (worst was probably the cat one, though beans and satellite sucked too. the other 5 i haven't unlocked yet, but i did purist.)

There's a checklist sorta on the character selection screen. On the notepad on the left when you have character selected, it'll show symbols. Each symbols is the main objectives you've cleared with that character. They are
Mom/Heart/Dark Room/Chest/Boss rush. If the symbols are black you've done it on normal, if red you've done it on hard.
Also someone already mentioned after you beat the heart enough you unlock it's 2nd form and the ability to go to later levels without having a devil/god room pop.

Afrodium

Banned
Finally took down Satan. Haven't unlocked Sheol permanently yet but I had a Devil room after Mom's Heart and I figured Brimstone+Triple Shot+Lil' Brimstone+various DMG and stat upgrades would enough to take him on, plus I had an Emperor tarot card tucked away so I didn't have to bother with the rooms in Sheol. Feels good.

Grief.exe

Almost a terrible run with Samson, but ended up beating Sheol anyways.

Ipecac + Rubber Cement, the exploding balls would bounce off of the walls and then explode onto me. I got real defensive with the converter and had 11 hearts by the time I hit Sheol, with all the damage I was doing I ended up two shotting all the bosses.

One of the more frustrating things about this version are the lack of descriptions on the ahcievements. Now there is no way to easily keep track of what bosses I have beaten with what characters. I think I have beaten Sheol with the majority of the characters at this point due to the use of the devil room after Mom's Heart. I think I actually just unlocked Sheol proper after that run.

Ferrio

Banned
Almost a terrible run with Samson, but ended up beating Sheol anyways.

Ipecac + Rubber Cement, the exploding balls would bounce off of the walls and then explode onto me. I got real defensive with the converter and had 11 hearts by the time I hit Sheol, with all the damage I was doing I ended up two shotting all the bosses.

One of the more frustrating things about this version are the lack of descriptions on the ahcievements. Now there is no way to easily keep track of what bosses I have beaten with what characters. I think I have beaten Sheol with the majority of the characters at this point due to the use of the devil room after Mom's Heart. I think I actually just unlocked Sheol proper after that run.

Read my post 4 posts up.

Now there is no way to easily keep track of what bosses I have beaten with what characters. I think I have beaten Sheol with the majority of the characters at this point due to the use of the devil room after Mom's Heart. I think I actually just unlocked Sheol proper after that run.

You sure about that? It's at the character select screen. There's a piece of paper to the upper left of the character select screen. A heart means you've beaten the heart, an upside down cross means you've beaten Shoel and a regular cross means you've beaten Isaac. There are probably more symbols but I haven't unlocked them yet.

Grief.exe

There's a checklist sorta on the character selection screen. On the notepad on the left when you have character selected, it'll show symbols. Each symbols is the main objectives you've cleared with that character. They are
Mom/Heart/Dark Room/Chest/Boss rush. If the symbols are black you've done it on normal, if red you've done it on hard.
Also someone already mentioned after you beat the heart enough you unlock it's 2nd form and the ability to go to later levels without having a devil/god room pop.

Read my post 4 posts up.

You sure about that? It's at the character select screen. There's a piece of paper to the upper left of the character select screen. A heart means you've beaten the heart, an upside down cross means you've beaten Shoel and a regular cross means you've beaten Isaac. There are probably more symbols but I haven't unlocked them yet.

I just started a spreadsheet too lol!

Finalow

for some reason my ps4 stream is still awful when watching it from twitch. super bad quality or just black screen. I just want to know WHY
-
I unlocked D6 but in the run after that mistakes were made and I died in Sheol. good waste of 40 minutes

Second try at solar system and I get it.
how do you play for that challenge? Iirc (just tried it once) you can't shot tears at all, can you still get them with some items or you just hope to get familiars?

I don't think I'm going to pick up Bob's Brain anymore. There are too many situations that result in self-damage.
yeah, Bob's brain is garbage. I picked it up in my last run but I actually didn't want to, lol.

it misses the target A LOT and the chances of self-damage are very high. the only time when you could get it is when you have that item that makes you immune to explosions.

Yes, harder to do but is possible.
uh, how do you do that?

With controlled shot and all those blue flies circling me that went out in a stream and attacked anyone around I beat Satan in maybe 20 seconds or so. Was so easy

Celegus

First floor as Azazel, quad shot. Don't mind if I do...

Ended up filling both rows of health with red hearts and getting a Book of Belial that run, so easy peasy. Beat Satan for the first time and unlocked Judas, then took down Satan again on my first try as him. Which unlocked Blue Baby, here we go D6!

Ferrio

Banned
how do you play for that challenge? Iirc (just tried it once) you can't shot tears at all, can you still get them with some items or you just hope to get familiars?

Well if you're good with orbitals then it shouldn't be hard. I'm not myself, but lucked upon a dark bum and brimstone baby./

uh, how do you do that?

Sure there are multiple ways, but some key items:

Habit is a must. Any battery type items also nice. Bloody penny, piggy banks, and relic to keep you in a steady supply of hearts. That should be enough to do it.

Stoze

Thanks for this post, didn't notice that for some reason, been keeping track of which chars cleared what in my head.

-PXG-

Cobalt just beat the Chest on hard with the Lost...I said damn.

The dream is real. Boss Rush, Satan and the Lamb still remain on Hard...

Tainted

Anyone else encountered the secret room where you need to fight every boss in the game yet ? I did it quite easily, just lucky my character was way overpowered at the time. I think it was a secret room off Depths II iirc I didnt get it on my original run, but on my seeded run I discovered it

PEiqblw.jpg

deadnoob

Is Azazel overpowered or have I just gotten extremely lucky items? Three consecutive runs I've been able to demolish everything. All three runs I ended up getting items that I could 1-2 hit kill every boss.

An item you unlock that Isaac starts with. Allows you to reroll items. So if you see a shit item you can reroll it and hope for something better. Unlock it by beating isaac with the blue baby aka ???

The best active item in the game. You get to re-roll any item from the shop/boss/devil and or angel room/treasure room every 3 room clears. Isaac starts with it once you unlock it.

Awesome. Hope I unlock that sometime soon.

Top Bottom