• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Ferrio

Banned
The best active item in the game. You get to re-roll any item from the shop/boss/devil and or angel room/treasure room every 3 room clears. Isaac starts with it once you unlock it.

Correction
Every six room clears, the item was nerfed. Makes using it with the habit that much more difficult.

ricelord

Anyone else encountered the secret room where you need to fight every boss in the game yet ? I did it quite easily, just lucky my character was way overpowered at the time. I think it was a secret room off Depths II iirc I didnt get it on my original run, but on my seeded run I discovered it

yeah its boss rush mode. you unlock it when u start a run and beat mom in under 20 mins.

Tainted

yeah its boss rush mode. you unlock it when u start a run and beat mom in under 20 mins.

ah nice ... probably explains why I hadn't seen it before then. Im usually the slow/methodical Isaac player

I was just mucking about with the seeded run lol

Meia

Damn it. I thought that might have been the case.

You shouldn't be able to, actually. Every time I beat
Mom's Heart and Sheol opened up, you usually get the achievment for beating Mom's Heart when everything's exploding. At that point, you should be able to go to an option screen from the menu that shows all the endings and watch the one you just unlocked. I did at least 5 Sheol runs before It Lives unlocked, and am not missing any endings at all up to #11.
Guessing there just may be a bug associated with it.

I just got hella lucky and got the Super Meat Boy achievement. That thing has a global achievement percentage of 0.4%. I was doing everything with every character in order and on my first Eve run I got a D6 in my Basement 1 item room. The next floor I fought Famine and found a Book of Rev in my item room so I figured ah what the hell and ditched the D6 for it. Turned out to be a good idea.

Sciz

isaac_33quds.png

I call it the Lawnmower.

Makai

Anyone else encountered the secret room where you need to fight every boss in the game yet ? I did it quite easily, just lucky my character was way overpowered at the time. I think it was a secret room off Depths II iirc I didnt get it on my original run, but on my seeded run I discovered it

PEiqblw.jpg
I got it after beating Mom.

Grief.exe

I just had the most broken defensive build I have ever seen.

Ipecac + Pyromanic (All explosions heal Isaac instead of dealing damage)

I could use Ipecac with abandon, and if the enemy was too close then I would end up healing myself.

I also had The Jar with full hearts, but if I took damage I would just stand next to a wall and heal myself up with Ipecac shots.

You shouldn't be able to, actually. Every time I beat
Mom's Heart and Sheol opened up, you usually get the achievment for beating Mom's Heart when everything's exploding. At that point, you should be able to go to an option screen from the menu that shows all the endings and watch the one you just unlocked. I did at least 5 Sheol runs before It Lives unlocked, and am not missing any endings at all up to #11.
Guessing there just may be a bug associated with it.

I'm missing like three endings. They'll probably patch it at some point though, so I'm not to worried.

Also, what's the deal with
Cursed Eye?
It seems like way more trouble than it's worth. I actually had to abort a run because it was so annoying.

Althane

So, I got this on my vita as well. My one question, and I can't seem to find the answer to it, is... how the bloody hell do I use pills?

Either that, or my right trigger button is broken. But it seems to work in other games. Ideas?

Edit: Is THAT what Pyromaniac does? I wondered why I was getting healed when fighting Pestilence rather than dying all the bloody time. Huh, good to know.

PEiqblw.jpg

You get it if you beat Mom's Foot in under 20 minutes.

Finalow

wait, didn't cobalt&richard already unlock everything with the Lost? I saw them playing with other characters earlier. I guess they got bored and tried to go for something else?

Sure there are multiple ways, but some key items:

Habit is a must. Any battery type items also nice. Bloody penny, piggy banks, and relic to keep you in a steady supply of hearts. That should be enough to do it.
oh, yes, with a very lucky combination of items you can refresh it as much as you want. I thought that you were talking about some easeir and more practicable exploit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I'm still playing the OG Isaac until I get the funds for this. It's been pretty fun seeing the community pull together to try and help figure out what the final secret is. The way people are trying to break down clues is pretty wild. Cobalt has been putting in work.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Gnawed leaf and dry baby is the most hilarious cheap combo ever. Killed mom's heart without firing a shot.

autoduelist

how do you play for that challenge? Iirc (just tried it once) you can't shot tears at all, can you still get them with some items or you just hope to get familiars?

Use the outer blue fly to take out weak enemies. The red fly seems to do more damage, but you need to get far closer to do anything with it, which can be dangerous.

Early going this means levels can take quite some time, since you need your satellite to align with enemies.

If you're lucky you'll find a
bible to beat mom
but it can be done without that if necessary. I beat it w/o finding any familiars of note, but it was slow going.

-PXG-

D20! Now I can break the game lol

My last run was pure stupidity. Carried doesn't begin to describe it. I'll post screens and and the seed in the morning.

tch

Ok. I got to Satan with like 10 hearts. Try to use the Bible and I die instantly!? Still had my hearts in the corner of the screen. Does Satan insta-kill you if you use the bible or was this just a glitch?

Grief.exe

Ok. I got to Satan with like 10 hearts. Try to use the Bible and I die instantly!? Still had my hearts in the corner of the screen. Does Satan insta-kill you if you use the bible or was this just a glitch?

Bible is a no go on Satan, working as intended though.

Celegus

Ended up filling both rows of health with red hearts and getting a Book of Belial that run, so easy peasy. Beat Satan for the first time and unlocked Judas, then took down Satan again on my first try as him. Which unlocked Blue Baby, here we go D6!

On an absolute tear today, destroyed Mom with blue baby for the 10th time and unlocked
It Lives
, then annihilated
Isaac
for the first time right after and got the D6.

Anustart

Started a run with ???, its going ok, then I get a dice room. It rerolls my ??? Into an unstoppable monster. Get triple shot wiggle worm ipecac coupled with a tech .5 that just vaporizes anything it touches. Rerolled my attack to max as well. I marched up to the chest and killed ??? With ease.

Unlocked necroplis and like 6 other things.

Impulse bought this last night, have completed a few runs. I managed to get a Money = Power + Midas Touch build going which was fun.

That being said Azazel is ridiculous. Especially with that one eight-way burst item that charges with every room cleared.

Those dice rooms are hilarious. Especially when they re-roll all your stuff. I managed to get Gnawed Leaf, Dry Baby, and Daddy Long Legs after the shuffling. Went all the way through the Womb and Sheol with no damage.

Stoze

it annoys me so hard when i go to mom without checking the rest of the floor

Use to happen to me all the time in the first game, but now that they let you see the floor when you bring up the map, I don't forget.

Also tip for PS4 owners, not only can you use the touch pad to pop out, move, and place the map anywhere on screen, you can also pinch in or outwards to zoom in or out. This way you can have a constant view of the entire floor but not have the map be huge. Not sure if it can be done on PC.

Exalted

Just got ipecac with parasite, crickets body, odd mushroom and double shot. 24 explosions with a single shot, and i'm firing like a machine gun :eek:

jonno394

Finished my first run finally Yesterday then beat moms hear in the very next run. Got lucky with some of my power ups. Was nigh on invulberable to everything moms heart through at me other than the large red laser beams.

Unsure what to do next. Just keep beating moms heart?

Turnstyle

I played this from time to time on PC, but never really felt like I was making progress. I think I found the controls tricky to get used to.

I killed
Mom
on my 3rd go on the Vita, and was a smidge away from killing
Moms heart
on my tenth playthrough, before I got caught up in bullet hell.

What I absolutely love about the game is the depth to it, and the fact that you can actually have a great run, even if you're not that skilled (assuming you pick up some good items).

Worth the wait.

Manik

Unsure what to do next. Just keep beating moms heart?

I believe so, yeah, at which point there'll be more unlocks for you to beat.

I played a few hours of the original, so was pretty pleased to beat Mom on my 6th or so run.

When is best to transition from normal to hard mode? Are there specific items / unlocks tied to specific difficulties?

Meia

So I got the cursed eye, and yeah, fuck that item. Had it the whole way through a ??? playthrough. Was able to beat it(including the cathedral for the first time). Was fun using the Krampus head to start in P2, get hit once by wasn't sure what, then get ported out of the room and have to restart it, this time with one less heart(had 4 1/2 soul hearts going in, finished with 1/2).

ElTopo

Banned
Question: do you have to beat the game (beat Mom's Heart) with every single character to get the photograph? Because I'm having a hard time with Judas.

Top Bottom